Current and eternal state of linux

>windows
>hmm I wonder whether is there a program/utility what does exactly XY
>yes this does exactly that, i just had to click throw a few srainght-forward window and thats i
>but I dont like the GUI, better find something else
>browse throw 100+ options and find the perfect one
>wow

>linux
>holy shit i've been messing with this shit for almost 5 hours, fucked up the distro two times so I failed to log in, had to install a completly new DE just so i can log into my computer altough i just wanted to change the wallpaper in the first place
>better be productive now
>lets find this package what does XY
>hmm i found one, the job could've been done 10x easier but who cares, I've spend too much fucking time with this shit again i dont even care anymore
>altough it looks like a piece of baked shit but who cares, MUH FREDOM am I right?

>t. pajeet

really made me think OP

>use windows
>Need program to do xyz
>After picking the 1 option out of 9 other malware options, finally get to download it.
>Download it, install it in registry (because cant just run program's without installing)
>USE THIS 30 AY FREE LIMITED TRIAL
>Look at linux, 2 packages that will do the same open source, free and maybe even better.

no this never happens

nobody is going to read all that shit

sage

sage goes in all fields newfag

sage does not go in all fields baka

That being said I've been flagged for spam for having sage in all fields so I think some boards have a filter for it

>do a thing
>haha linux users amirite
>do another thing
>haha windows users amirite

> had to install a completly new DE just so i can log into my computer
That's not how gnu/linux works, OP. I mean, why should we discount your opinion just because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

>use mac os
>it just werks

I have been warned for better posts.

> no this never happens
do you like living under a stone?

>had to install a completly new DE just so i can log into my computer
It's like listening to my mother talk about computers

Have you ever actually used Windows?

>use macOS Sierra
>laugh at plebs who are too dumb to invest in glorious Mac computing experience or run a hackintosh

>Windows
>i need to transcode 2TB of videos in the same folder tree for backup purposes
>at least 5 good but different alternatives, ended up with handbrake (good core, shitty UI) and a fork, vidcoder

>on Linux (tried it for science)
>there's barely only handbrake with less features and first time crashed
>ffmpeg if you want to get confused by 5 lines of instructions just to transcoded a video

OP today was not a fag

macOS with homebrew is so comfy. I was going to set up hackintosh memepad but I don't have access to a working mac atm to download sierra.

no

Well then, you are the retarded faggot.

no, this was my fuckin morning dude. uninstalled fuckin budgie or wtf is the name of that shit, i typed all the shit into the terminal what i've read on an official ubunthu forum to "properly" uninstall every crap login screen etc and when i wanted to log in to the old unity shit to start everyting over that shit just wouldn't wanted to log in, the only way to get that shit working again is to install gnome DE through the login console, wtf amirite?

not him but using ffmpeg takes a bit to get used to desu

I think you forgot to attach the reason

so this is that famous "ricing" i've been heard about. sure seems a missing feature in windows

Linux just werks

have you ever thought that the source of your problems is that you are a dumbass