Well Sup Forums the votes are in, and we're learning Swedish

Well Sup Forums the votes are in, and we're learning Swedish.

Share your learning strategies, and your progress.

Check out the sticky for some useful language learning resources, start the duo lingo trees, lets get this ball rolling! This thread is for learners to practice/discuss what we're learning and scandis to correct us.

Might be a little slow at first, as we're all hard at work learning a new language.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwSEbsD5bM4
youtube.com/watch?v=cqAiPkgTpy4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sj-sound
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Swedish
youtube.com/watch?v=uH_uBYw9g3w
learningswedish.se/courses/1/pages/clauses#1.3.3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would we learn Swedish? To read a Qu'ran?

To meme and fuck with cucks

To all speak a common language that isn't English, and also to destroy the enemy you must first understand him/her/xir/xem/phi.

To cuck the cucks. Stop complaining and start learning, junior.

youtube.com/watch?v=xwSEbsD5bM4

>go to sweden
>come back to burger speaking fluent urdu, swahili, arabic and turkish

youtube.com/watch?v=cqAiPkgTpy4
It's perfect for Sup Forums

GRAND DAD
FLEENSTONES

Seriously though I'm up for this

>Dutchbro is this upset we didn't pick dutch
Where is the fun in all of us learning your language? Learn Swedish with us.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sj-sound
>Swedish tj sound

Forget it. Swedish is impossible.

i fucking hate this sound, this is what prevented me from learning swedish last year

Not him, but Swedish is literally the gayest language on earth.

Who cares about pronunciation. Americans don't pronounce English like Britbongs either right. If it's understandable you're good.

>implying we'll actually be speaking it and not just typing
Even if we were like in vocaroo threads, I'm sure we'll get it eventually or close enough to it

>Who cares about pronunciation
This.

Especially since we'll be mostly typing it anyway.

Good choice

Svenska är inte svårt alls
Man kan ju bli rätt duktig på det om man använder Duolingo i ett par månader

I want to learn Swedish

It's easy as fuck for a English speaker to learn, so go get started and you should be able to say whole very simple sentences by the time this thread 404s.

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Swedish
This isn't too bad, I usually use it for grammar

Mannen dricker vatten

>Swedish is literally the gayest language on earth.
You're confusing it with Dutch.
>Who cares about pronunciation
Smart people.
>Americans don't pronounce English like Britbongs either right.
That's why American English is the standard for the world.

Anyone know how multiple verbs work yet or I am jumping the gun?

It's a fact that every english-speaker who speaks swedish sounds like a gay fashion designer.

kek

It's probably because they speak Swedish.

How would you know what a gay fashion designer sounds like? You must be dating one.

Sequences of verbs?
As in "Mannen vill äta smörgås" and "Jag kommer att spela schack"?
Some verb sequences require "att" between the verbs and some don't. You just have to get used to it and learn one by one, I guess

Let's study Swedish vocabulary.

Bög: Hollander

In Dutch all Germans sound gay as fuck. Americans sound like cowboys. Regardless where they're from they'll end up sounding like Texans.

As a native spanish speaker, this shit is very awkward for me to pronounce. I like it tho.

>Sequences of verbs?
Yeah
Thanks, I didn't know where the 2nd verb would go or what needs to be done to it. Like how in German they have set places where they need to be

cphora: american

>In Dutch all Germans sound gay as fuck
Why? I can take a guess at why we'd sound that way but why do they sound like retards?

In english Germans sound pretty gay too m8.

Stop talking to that idiot.

This is what a Dutch and Swede fighting looks like youtube.com/watch?v=uH_uBYw9g3w

Oh, I get what you mean. The verb will almost always come second in a sentence, except in subordinate negative clauses (I think this is what they're called)

For example:
>Jag älskar inte henne (I don't love her)
Verb appears before the adverb "inte"

>Jag sa att jag inte älskar henne (I said that I don't love her)
"Att" makes the clause subordinate and, thus, the verb appears after the adverb "inte"

The man drinks water. Bröd ar bra.

>Why would we learn Swedish?

It's a gateway language to other languages. Don't mind learning anything else before you learn Swedish, you'll learn better with Swedish.

You can learn any language better if you first learn Swedish. Even languages not related to Swedish, because learning Swedish is culturally enrichening.

We also have to learn Swedish so that we can better discuss our Swedish friends here on Sup Forums, even if they are in the minority and the majority knows English.

And should we not learn Swedish, the Swedish language will suddenly cease to exist and you are a racist.

t. Finnish government and it's mandatory Swedish poltics

Just realized that this wasn't your question and I probably made this unecessarily complicated
I'm sorry.

When I took Swedish classes on my exchange in Finland, they taught us the homo Stockholm dialect by the book. My Fennoswedish teacher did not however, and we learned by her dialect. I also have relatives in a little town across the water from Umeå, and so I did my best to speak Swedish like a Finland Swede. I met with a relative and he told me I was doing well with it, which was nice. People there were really wonderfully friendly and it was one of my best and most treasured travel experiences.

Here's a pic from the town.

Same as in English. Except in Dutch the German accent comes out a lot more clearly. I guess due to the close relation between the languages it's easier to fall back on German pronunciation habits.

jag kan tala 8 språk och jag tror att svenska är mycket lätt att lära det enda som är svårt är uttalet. du måste stanna i landet för att få den optimala accent tbqf

Germans generally like our accents. Although they say we sound like drunken farmers.

att lära sig* favä

hmm det är klart att du har läst upp på språket i förväg
jag har använt max en halvtimme på det så långt

God natt.

Jag vill kommer... tommorrow... natt.

I morgon *
Sov god och vi ses user.

Dont get too much into it i heard finlandsvenska is wacky as fuck to native swedes with its rough finnish accent and somewhat archaic vocabulary retained from the 1800s

Gott natt
Vi ses senare

Förlåt. Jag ville inte verka oförskämd.
Jag har bara pluggat svenska i ett år, så jag är inte så där flytande på det heller.

God natt, user
Sov gott

>subordinate
subjunctive mood?
>"Att" makes the clause subordinate and,
if we're talking about moods (not sure what you mean w subordinate here) wouldn't it be the verb "Sa" that makes älskar subjunctive and not att?

I was told just the accent is older, apparently the upper-middle class Swedish accent from c. 1770. I just went for accent anyways, but textbook Swedish. I still put in a few hours a week of study.

haha nej jag skojar bara
jag talar danska flytande så jag fuska lite

Detta: learningswedish.se/courses/1/pages/clauses#1.3.3

aaah du kallar det "underordningsbindeord" i danska. översatt: subordinate "tying-words" (conjunctions; subordinate conjunctions)

trevligt!

Vad har du för anledning för att kunna danska och sju andra språk till, förresten?

jag studerar och arbetar i kommunikation

Jag har också bott i olika länder

Coolt
Jag vill att jag kommer att kunna prata så där många språk i framtiden

lycka till, men du måste resa i så fall!

>studying a language that will be dead in less than 50 years

>lycka till
Tack :)

>men du måste resa i så fall!
Javisst, det vet jag
Jag vill ju åka utomlands för att bli flytande i flera språk, men jag kan inte göra det just nu.
Jag började plugga japanska i januari också, så jag har inte studerat svenska alls i senaste månader

No the ethnic Swedes will be dead, the language will live on. Same goes for french, english, german etc

>we take the Swedish language as our own
>the Swedes die off but we still speak it online
>we conglomerate, forming Swedish shitposting communities online
>we become the vikings of the internet, conquering and spreading fear through our shitposts
>others join us and join the Swedish language
>eventually some people are reproductively successful
>they teach Swedish to their children

>mfw the Swedish language is memed back to life by a bunch of shitposters

kek That'd be kinda awesome, actually

det verkar som om du är skicklig med det praktiska, så det kommer att bli lätt om du bor i det aktuella landet 2-3 månader.

Jag studerar franska på min fritid pt

Jag pluggar också svenska. Uttala är lite jobbigt, men jag kan läsa tonårsböcker och förstå det mesta.

No, you are learning their language as a gratitude towards what the Swedes have done for Finland throughout its existence.

The way that articles are used is somewhat annoying but not too bad. I just hope it doesn't inflect the nouns any further

i already do. As-salamu alaykum bro, you're gonna need when muzzies rape you all

Can someone translate "Shit country full of boring stuck up wankers, dying culture, useless language" for me?

Gott natt bröder

That comic looks great but the writting hurts.

Why can't she hire a proffesional writer and focus on drawing? Right, I know the answer, it's called arogance and infated ego.

HELL SEGER

>That comic looks great but the writting hurts.

>Why can't she hire a proffesional writer and focus on drawing? Right, I know the answer, it's called arogance and infated ego

häng er själva