How do l learn how a computer works from scratch? As if in computers dissapeared tomorrow l would be able to create one

How do l learn how a computer works from scratch? As if in computers dissapeared tomorrow l would be able to create one

Other urls found in this thread:

blinklight.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nv2TxiwAquM
nand2tetris.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

google it

circuits, electronics

shannon's thesis

processors and random access memory

machine language

operating systems

should keep you busy for a while. don't know about building one from scratch. not sure anybody knows how to do that. i'd just get a raspberry pi and read a lot.

*Arduino

ftfy

There was some autist from Google that created one from near scratch at a primitive level.

Electrical engineering.

translate a series of on and off electrical impulses to a series of ones and zeroes

who

Before you read any difficult book and give up, start by small things to se if you like it:
blinklight.io/

nvm yea i saw that it was a programmer iirc

youtube.com/watch?v=Nv2TxiwAquM

If you can assume you have various chemicals and metals, you can make simple computers by hand with high school level skills:

>create a simple battery from acid and two metals
>create simple electromagnets by winding wire around a coil
>create simple transistors from the magnets
>create simple computational circuits with transistors

absolutely revolting

As in, modern computers?
Probably impossible to know for a single human, although I'm not sure how much botnet you can carve away, if you create your own, non-x86 architecture.

>I love this so much!..but can it run Crysis?
>2 years ago

Man, even two years ago was pushing it for this joke still being relevant.

nand2tetris.org/

this plus some electronics basics would be a solid foundation imo

I was just going to recommend this book.

Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach (ISBN 0-12-383872-X)
Computer Organization and Design: the Hardware/Software Interface (ISBN 978-0-12-407726-3)

>As if in computers dissapeared tomorrow l would be able to create one

No one would, modern computers are way too complex. You would at best be able to make a really big calculator.

If computers disappeared tomorrow, you wouldn't have time to learn how to make one from scratch.

And how are we defining "from scratch"? If spare motherboards and CPUs and shit are still around, that's easy. If they aren't, are transistors and capacitors and cables going to still be around? Would we literally have to mine metal out of the ground to make parts?