Google basic display

Halp. Recently google started displaying everything like it was 2000s tier html. I dont know what happened or how to get it back to normal. Searched google about it and turned up nothing.

standard web search, note the really basic appearance

im also logged in too

Update your browser you stupid fuck.

it is updated

Update your video drivers, if they're up-to-date then reinstall them.

my video drivers never get updated anymore
intelGMA 3150

Open Google in a private mode / different browser. If it's different you're in a test

use internet explorer

Then reinstall the lastest version. If the problem persist I think you will need to get a dedicated gpu (doesn't have to top of the line, just something relatively new, maybe second hand). Or alternatively you could install linux, since drivers on those keep being updated by the community, i'd recommend gentoo as your first distribution.

nope its the same in private mode too

all that effort to make a single website work?

I just want to know what *exactly* is the culprit, never happened before.

It's because your gpu drivers don't support opengl required by google's site, so it uses the old one.

>Recently google started displaying everything like it was 2000s tier html
Appreciate it, that's the only normal normal displaying.

In what fucking universe does a website depend on opengl to function properly?

Is there anywhere to read up more about his change? because unironically using google to search about this topic isnt turning up any news about it

Check if your JavaScript is on in the browser settings, you fucking retard.

the problem is the "search tools" is missing so I cant choose things like image sizes, or more importantly how recently something has been posted

and yes it most certainly is on because im using other sites including Sup Forums without a problem

> only google has an attitude

>Or alternatively you could install linux

shill

ahh it seems the plot thickens, there's a thread about this in the google help forums...

Check google settings, you must have enabled classic style by being a retard

where exactly do I do that?

under this so-called classic scheme, Google Settings cant be found, and in the search settings the option doesnt exist.

Ah nice, I've been dealing with this since yesterday. Running the most recent update of Opera 45, and I checked with other browsers but nothing is wrong with the Google on their side. I checked other help websites and a few are reporting the same problem. I disabled extensions and that did nothing.

Why would you want it to go back "to normal"? That's the superior version

Try changing your browser's User Agent string.

same for me

why would I want to listen to gaslighting?

fact is Search Tools are important, being able to isolate images to "animated" or "colored", of a certain size and so forth

Oh thats interesting and it works.

Ive got the User Agent Switcher app and decided to change it to "chrome/windows" and now it works. Says its detected that im using an older version of chrome but at least it loads right.

Maybe it's just a stupid bug on Google's side.

Try changing your browser's User Agent string too.

>Opera

Found your problem

Change user agent to Chrome on Windows 10 with an addon or settings, however Opera handles that.

I think its just stupid people working for google.

opera is god tier

it saves my images with incremental numbers if it detects a duplicate in the same folder

I need the extensions it uses too

and Firefox crawls like molasses for some reason in facebook messenger, I have to wait like 15 seconds for paragraphs to type... not a problem in opera

So yeah, it probably actually is just a stupid bug on Google's side.

Everyone affected please report it.. somehow.

Make a thread on hacker news and let everyone post their Browser/OS versions, that usually helps.

bruh, I have an Extension for changing my user agent

I dont know where people are coming from saying I can change my user agent string by itself. Opera does not give many customizing options.

>it saves my images with incremental numbers if it detects a duplicate in the same folder

All browsers do that by default, and get a better computer

Firefox DOES NOT
if the same file is in the folder it will ask if I want to replace it... really annoying

Install a User Agent spoofer/switcher, topkek if it works.

yup and it does so far