QBittorrent 3.3.13 is out!!! Dump uBotnet now!

>qBittorrent v3.3.13 was released. This release is made mainly to fix possible Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks via the webui reported by OpenGG and fixed by Chocobo1.

qbittorrent.org/news.php

Other urls found in this thread:

cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2015-5474/
cvedetails.com/product/36121/Qbittorrent-Qbittorrent.html?vendor_id=16171
cvedetails.com/product/10365/Utorrent-Utorrent.html?vendor_id=6117
qbittorrent.org/download.php
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5804
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry I'll still stick with 2.2.1
it just werks

Not using superior bitcomet

stalled

Enjoy your exploits

Did they fix that shit where some of your torrents wouldn't show in the "Tracker" section? I'm still on 3.3.10 because of that

yep it's in the notes

Coolio thanks

You realize you were just using a proven exploited client, right? I wonder what 3.3.14 will find? uTorrent 2.2.1, OTOH, hasn't had a single exploit found in 6 years.

why would you use qb when you can use vuze?

>7 years
>no serious exploit found
>QQstalled babbies still bitching

But uTorrent has CVEs

I forget, why did we not update to 3.3.11 and 3.3.12 again?

proprietary shit

This is the real stalledtorrent meme

>bitcomet
shoo shoo stinky chinky

No reason. Only a few autists waiting for 3.4 which has a theme refresh.

>glorifying thousands years old software because the newer versions added malicious Flash ads and bitcoin miners.

Such is the struggle of the proprietary cuck.

>lying this hard

Yeah except for that trivial to exploit remote code execution
2.2.1 master race 4lyfe bro

cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2015-5474/

>he thinks 2.2.1 is 3.x
If numbers are too hard for you you really don't belong here.

>libtorrent
At least have some standards.

What are you even talking about?

It was a bug in like 3.3. If you don't know the difference between that and 2.2.1, you don't belong here.

proof?

k, while you're fearing over negligible shit I'll be here not giving a fuck :^)

How about proof? Not even him by the way.

>Negligible shit
>Remote code execution vulnerability

Burden of proof lies on the person claiming the exploit.

Yet it's still better then "up-to-date" "free software"

Really makes you think.

>BUGFIX: Fixed UI glitch about torrent numbers in the sidepanel. Fixes #6454. (evsh)
the whole ui is one big fucking glitch that needs fixing. I'll stick with transmission-gtk

I'm not the one who posted a link to a vulnerability. And guess what, it has been posted. You know, here?

>posting a claim is proof
You don't seem to know what "proof" is.
Show 2.2.1 being affected.

> having a dozen of CVEs for almost all versions
> It just werks
> this is Sup Forums

The fuck is wrong with people?

Vuze is dead. Been dead for like 7-8 years now since they switched their focus to Vuze instead of Azureus.

Sup Forums autism.
Updates bring security updates as well, so update as soon as you can.

libtorrent is written by some poo in loo shitlord (raksasha) and used by rtorrent. libtorrent-rasterbar is an entirely different engine.

>the whole ui is one big fucking glitch that needs fixing.
? How exactly?
Transmission is literally a window with rows and a start/stop button. (The WEBUI and remote clients are 1000x more powerful for Transmission.)

Been using qBittorrent for two years now, gets better and better with every new release.

thanks, we try. enjoy.
help us sort and fix bugs on the bugtracker? :^)

>? How exactly?
typical stuff for most of q* and k* applications: too little breathing space for text and icons, misalignments, ugly icons and overall visual clutter
>Transmission is literally a window with rows and a start/stop button.
! fantastic ! monitoring torrent progress is all I need from a main view of a torrent client

6 years with zero exploits found. qBittorrent is on, what, one day now?

>too little breathing space for text and icons, misalignments, ugly icons and overall visual clutter
That sounds like some web-designer if asked, "what do you think a good page is like".
Buzzwords on top of buzzwords.
But hey, 3.4 will bring visual changes.

Not like it matters if the client has -1 or +1 user who will only shitpost about it on anonymous internet forums all day long.
Though I only manage a few thousand torrents in it, so I don't know, maybe I don't have enough so I don't know what's wrong with it. Fuck knows.

The others already linked CVEs for your lazy ass. Stop or I will call your nurse and tell her you are having an episode again.

I use uTorrent (:

Put uTorrent 2.2.1 in a VM and show it being pwned or shut up.

You are not my real mom, don't tell me what to do fatso.

Thank you for confirming zero exploits.

> AV memo: New Microsoft CVE for remote exploit, actively exploited
> the neckbeard IT dude: "Hah, fake news, pwn my pc live and I will update".

good job m8.
I really do hope for the sake of companies you never end up doing IT anywhere.

>exploit is for Age of Empires 2
>"It must affect 1 too!"
Burden of proof is on you.

One thing that is very real about 2.2.1 is the proxy leakage.
And I for one, like uTP.

I used 3.2.3 for a long time, but it always shat itself after a time of use.
And then it also had CVEs so I just moved to qBittorrent, no regrets.
Used clients almost all clients ever made since I used Linux (no uTorrent), but only kTorrent and qBittorrent ever came close. Since kTorrent would mean 1GB of ram use (due to KDE deps) on Windows, I just use qBittorrent.

Enjoy being pwned. One day without an exploit isn't a good track record.

> 11 years
> cvedetails.com/product/36121/Qbittorrent-Qbittorrent.html?vendor_id=16171
> 2 issues only, only webUI affected
> only medium risk / useless issue

> uTorrent
> cvedetails.com/product/10365/Utorrent-Utorrent.html?vendor_id=6117

> ruh-roh.jaypeg

lul, after utorrent became annoying (dont remember why) i tried the other 10 "big names"
best performance came from deluge which im still using now, no problems whatsoever
qstalled on the other hand was unbearable and i cant understand how its being shilled so hard on a "tech forum" (lol) when it clearly underperforms

by taking into consideration all of the above i came to the conclusion that there must be only one reason for that
you are a kike shill and i hope u die :P

>That sounds like some web-designer if asked, "what do you think a good page is like".
sounds right. that's a fundamental set of don'ts every kind of user interface, including websites

>Buzzwords on top of buzzwords.
how are "this fucking thing right there is not centered" or "this fucking icon right there is ugly as fuck" buzzwords? all of the things I mentioned are very concrete concepts. except maybe "visual clutter", but I can easily reiterate that without using buzzwords: "too much shit displayed at once that doesn't need to be displayed at once"

>But hey, 3.4 will bring visual changes.
that's good

>Not like it matters if the client has -1 or +1 user who will only shitpost about it on anonymous internet forums all day long.
Though I only manage a few thousand torrents in it, so I don't know, maybe I don't have enough so I don't know what's wrong with it. Fuck knows.
your jimmies seem to be rustled

Nice bait pasta, but work on it a bit more.

> "too much shit displayed at once that doesn't need to be displayed at once"
But that's the thing, what is that is "doesn't need to be displayed"?
I cannot name a single thing that is not essential on the interface by default.
Hell, search and the rest is also hidden on a new install, making it even more minimal.

> your jimmies seem to be rustled
Just saying that I have not noticed any issues with the interface, it easily handled high amounts of torrents. Very high amounts can cause issues (100k+), but that kills uTorrent as well so ... there is that. Only the Wikileak thing had so many torrents at once.

>bait pasta
sorry buddy but its the truth
i just made the post a bit fun to read

Whats wrong with her tits?

Windows User Account Control says that the .exe does not have a verified publisher.

Fosshub got hacked again?

No, it was never signed.
Signing costs ... 500$ or so a year?
There is a Github ticket about it.

As commented there, anyone can donate the amount or a company can come up and sponsor the project so the project can sign it.

So I checked, it's 30 EUR (the last linked) but you require some card reader, someone has to sign papers and shit... I don't know. And the ones that require no such commitment are very pricey.

all of this shit should be hidden by default and displayed only when the context requires it (for example the resume/stop buttons over a torrent on the list when it's selected, the top menu when alt is pressed, the filters in a dropdown menu) with an option to keep it all visible at once for people who enjoy getting their eyes raped

It's not a bad idea per se, but I would move all of these suggestions into a new option, called "Minimal mode" for example. Because this would be most helpful for experienced, tech-savvy users and not normies.

Normies have hard time finding the stop button (if they ever use it).
Implementing it would not be hard either, though telling the project lead / dev-team why this is something the project should maintain over the years... I don't know about that.

So it's confirmed pwned out of the box, eh?

Ignoring doesn't disprove anything. But please continue using outdated software with remote code execution vulnerability. What could possibly go wrong? And seriously, what's the problem with using Qbittorrent?

>It's not a bad idea per se, but I would move all of these suggestions into a new option, called "Minimal mode" for example. Because this would be most helpful for experienced, tech-savvy users and not normies.
that's reasonable

What?
Signing an executable (Windows way) does not mean shit.
The signatures and SHA values are here: qbittorrent.org/download.php

> inb4 you don't know what those are

qBittorrent is UNABLE to run without running its own local server (some nodjs bullshit) or not allowing loopback connections to that local server.

Its a proof that its a spaghetti code. Why a torrent clients needs its own local server.

You can try this by installing any software firewall capable of catching per application connections.

What is worse...It even provides a proof of the spaghetti code.

If you block its own loopback connection IT WILL SPIN INFINITELY IN A FUCKING

WHILE TRUE equivalent loop

eating 1 core of your CPU forever.

Its a complete spaghetti code.

when will they fix memory leaks on windows?

>what's the problem with using Qbittorrent?
It's pwned.. Ignoring it doesn't disprove anything.

What the heck does that even mean?
The WEBUI has nothing to do with Node...

What do you mean? There have been no leaks since v2.
If your memory usage goes up, that means your HDD is just too slow and Windows decides to cache shit in memory. Uhm, you could use a higher memory cache, or just download slower.

>There have been no leaks since v2
Prove it.

He said there was leaks son, how the fuck am I supposed to prove HIS thing?
If I say I saw a flying spaghetti monster, I post a picture about it if I want people to believe me.

Saying something leaks is like saying "this program is slow", "this is a bad software it crashes", "omg this game killed my pc". Kinda like when parents go "all your games slow down the PC" and shit.

Ignoring the claim doesn't disprove anything. It's true until proved otherwwise, like its remote code execution vulnerabilities.

kek.

your pc has been hacked and your mom has been fucked by a thousand niggers during the years.
proof? I don't have to, prove me otherwise!

I mean github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5804

it usually happens when I seed at high speed

>using software with memory leaks and remote code execution vulnerabilities
STALLEDtorrent users, everyone.

Arvid himself came to help that fuck and the ticket simply died.
What else could you wish for? The developer of the fucking libtorrent itself is replying to tickets.

bro that's no proof, prove that no rape happened.
t. autist 2.2.1 user

The claim has been made. You must prove it false.

so why is it coded so shit that it eats 1 whole core infinitely and stops working due to a simple TCP localhost connection fail?

Programming 101 teaches how to handle that.

That's my point.
Waiting for a minute-by-minute log of your mother and the no pc hack proof.
Until then, you are just a lying nigga.

Also I know using uTorrent 2.2.1 makes child soldiers and spreads AIDS in Africa.
Proof? Prove me wrong.

Ignoring doesn't disprove anything. But please continue using software written by incompetent devs with remote code execution vulnerabilities. What could possibly go wrong?

Any report on this?
Never heard about this behavior, or seen reports on this.

Btw the core is libtorrrent-rasterbar, but if you report, the core dev fixes it within days.

> inb4 I don't report I just post about things on anonymous image boards

Wow keep using a software that empowers African warlords.
Talk about being ignorant.

You act like AIDS is not a serious thing.

>He continues using software written by incompetent devs with remote code execution vulnerabilities.

> He continues spreading AIDS.

I don't use STALLEDtorrent

>vuze vanilla
why haven't you joined the vuze leap masterrace. just look at this delicious slice of aesthetic design. for all your download neads & totally not a botnet that harvest bigdata

Too big to fail

eyes*

>poo in loo shitlord (raksasha)

Does Jari Sundell actually sound like he's in India or could it in reality be someone from Finland who's currently living in Japan?

rtorrent is probably the most efficient bittorrent client there is.

>what's the problem with using Qbittorrent?
>It's pwned.. Ignoring it doesn't disprove anything.
Why do I even bother replying to you?

>not using limewire

Repeating unrelated "arguments" doesn't disprove anything. You can continue if you like. Preferably with arguments this time.

Repeating unrelated "arguments" doesn't disprove anything. You can continue if you like. Preferably with arguments this time.

You're very, very bored, aren't you? At least have the decency to sage when you're shitposting.

Isn't this Sup Forums place just great? I can't wait to check out more boards.

Please don't if you're running STALLEDtorrent. This site is 18+, and only an underage b& would run software with memory leaks and remote code execution vulnerabilities

Have some decency and sage. This is just pathetic.

Sorry, I'm not here to shelter you from the hard truth that you're running software with memory leaks and remote code execution vulnerabilities