rustbyexample.com/custom_types/enum/testcase_linked_list.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thread red flags
>has an anime image
No relation to content of the thread
>starts a thread thats irrelevant and likely to cause a best language war
Congrats this thread fits the bill

>Written in Rust
Unscalable and therefore super bloated code.

OpenBSD, one of the most secure OSs there is out there, is written in C. Explain me that.

No one except theo de reddit's "security team" examines OpenBSD code

At least Rust has modules

Hi there!
You seem to be making multiple unsubstantiated arguments against the C programming language and it's contemporaries.

The reason Rust is being pushed so hard is because social justice warriors have found great difficulty penetrating the communities of open source system coders who use C and/or C++.

The "safety" features give advantages to lobotomised Feminist studies "coders" who are trying to "disrupt" these communities while breaking the knee caps of everyone else who knows what they are doing.

Literally nothing in Rust actually solves problems that haven't already been solved by RAII in C++ and even some GC/stack/heap techniques in the arguably superior but slower D compiler.

The advocates are all social justice warriors and this is their "long march through the development communities". They are employing critical theory against their main targets C and C++, by criticising everything it is and does and demonising its users. They've held back their "cis het white male" jargonism for now, but once they have established a foot hold "killer app", expect them to go wild with it. Just read through the big throbbing CoC they've erected on their main website.

Rust is kill. Don't touch it, spit on all its advocates.

>Sup Forums shit
really? is that your argument?

>pointless Sup Forumstard argument to appeal edgy kids
C apologist spotted

C apologists are NSA shills plain and simple. Rust makes it harder to produce vulnerable programs as it actually implements safety precautions like Bounds checking, dangling pointer prevention, data race prevention, lifetimes etc. This is against the interest of the NSA and so they are shilling C so that people continue to produce exploit prone, unsafe and vulnerable programs.

Ignore the NSA/C shills. Programming in C should be banned and outlawed.
Say no to security exploits, say no to the NSA. Your data and your privacy is worth preserving.

>violates human rights

anime website

OpenBSD is also one of the less used OSs out there.
Coincidence? I don't think so.

>>has an anime image
>No relation to content of the thread
But it does, user. She's clearly saying NO to software written in C.

Your post does not contradict anything he said.

>Closed source
>Made by Microsoft
>Made SJWs
>Subscription model
>"the cloud"

A fine example of sjw brainlet, thanks buddy or whatever you want people to call you.

>.io website
>made with love by
>author describes himself as a code artisan

>CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md in the root directory

>It's a userspace application written in C
Code bloat.
Reinvention of the wheel.
Breeding ground for bugs.
Bad design.

Oh and forgot:
Linked lists where vectors should be

So jealous on these sweet linked list you can't write in Rust.

Patreon begging in the README

It's easy to write a list in Rust though. In fact there's one in the standard library.
Lists are terribly inefficient at everything.

C is only insecure if you suck at writing C.

Red flag if electron based
Written in js for safety
Not version controlled
Commit messages are all stupid one liners that say "fixed thing" or "whoops"

Linux developers suck at writing C?

>MIT license
>javascript & npm
>package.json importing dozens of oneliner/onefunction "modules" made as single-use dependency by same author

Yes. If world were social and just, kernel would be rewritten in rust, and the userspace GNU/* portion rewritten in Haskell long ago.

>and the userspace GNU/* portion rewritten in Haskell long ago.
Is that just another way for saying the userspace would be incredibly slow, bloated, and useless?

>got a legit counter-argument about C being inherently insecure even in the hands of an experienced developer
>s-sjw!!!
C-toddlers are desperate.

>Inherently unsafe and vulnerable
Just like any 99% of the langs?

I'm shitting RIIR all over HN for a year now, but it's getting stale. Sup Forumsomrades, give ideas for language of the future. Serious forced meme contenders:

* nimrod
* crystal
* kotlin (after it gets more useable llvm backend)
* maybe go? but i kinda like go.

I avoid software written in python.
It's unbelievably slow and resource intensive.
Yet for some fucking reason people insist on making graphical tools with it.

Idris, Agda, Coq, SPARK
Safe languages are the future

I don't have a math degree so I can't put forth a qualified answer, how exactly would one go about putting a layer of irony around model checked/theorem proved systems?

Sure those are holy grail and impractical, but not sure how to word it exactly.

>It's easy to write a list in Rust though. In fact there's one in the standard library.
Only with unsafe code.

>Lists are terribly inefficient at everything.
A meme spouted by Rustbabbies. At the same time they use BTrees for everything. Of course Linked Lists are inefficient if you use them where you could use a blob of elements, but any programmer worth their salt won't do that.

still better than a frog/feelposter

So Rust is the 1%?

>Only with unsafe code.
You're just wrong: rustbyexample.com/custom_types/enum/testcase_linked_list.html

who's semen demon?

Why are you even comparing Rust to C? Rust is more comparable to C++ than to C, and C++ is a steaming pile of shit. Consider suicide Rustkike

>Only with unsafe code.
Now that's where you're wrong.

>A meme spouted by Rustbabbies.
Lmao, I've had the same opinion since before I was using Rust, and even before I was using C++ when I was a C programming like you.
Lists are universally inefficient as fuck.
A C programmer like you should know that.

>Be C programmer
>Isn't even aware of the effects of cache usage and non-contiguous memory access.
Embarrassing.

Usable as fuck! If you wouldn't have to pull your teeth to get that shit implemented in Rust, they wouldn't celebrate the monthly "Implementation of a Linked List" in /r/rust nigger.

You know what happens once Rust gets used in the wild and not by a few enthusiasts? People won't give a shit about this, they don't consider beating the borrow checker an achievment, they'll just clutter their code with unsafe parts.

Nice arguments you got there. Enjoy shifting thousands of elements for one deletion.

>You can't write a Linked List in Rust!
>Yes, you can.
>But not without unsafe!
>Yes, without unsafe.
>...nigger!
I'm not even sure I'm not being memed.

>If you wouldn't have to pull your teeth to get that shit implemented in Rust
It's not fucking hard, and there's no hoop jumping in the code he posted, it's pretty simple straight forward idiomatic Rust. I could write that in 5 minutes.

>Enjoy shifting thousands of elements for one deletion.
More efficient than walking a list pointer-through-pointer to reach the element you want to delete.

Also, you're forgetting that deletion is done no where near as often as access.

You claim you can write a safe linked list by showing an absolute brain dead example of something that does nothing to avoid any friction with the borrow checker. Kys.

>It's not fucking hard, and there's no hoop jumping in the code he posted, it's pretty simple straight forward idiomatic Rust. I could write that in 5 minutes.
It's a complete useless piece of code that does nothing.

>More efficient than walking a list pointer-through-pointer to reach the element you want to delete.
Because that's how it's done.

>It's a complete useless piece of code that does nothing.
It implements a linked list, but I do agree with you, linked lists are pretty useless.
Other than that, it's perfectly usable as a normal linked list, as you'd do in C.
But yes, as you said, lists are pretty useless, no matter the language.
std::vector/std::Vec is most efficient in most of cases.

>Because that's how it's done.
Yeah, for linked lists.
Access is O(1) and very fast for vectors.
Traversal is also very fast for vectors since they're contiguous in memory and as a result very cache friendly.

>that does nothing to avoid any friction with the borrow checker
What friction?
Do you even fucking understand Rust at all?

I'll stop the discussion at this point because it's evident to see that Moz://a pays their shills by quantity and not quality.

Every container in the standard library is based on unsafe code but here we have the bright minds telling you that it's a breeze to implement all that stuff in safe code. Okay. Glad I helped you earn a few rupees my friends.

>In other words, I'm admitting my loss.

>Every container in the standard library is based on unsafe code
Because you can optimize better with unsafe code, this is obvious.

>it's a breeze to implement all that stuff in safe code
It is, it's just less efficient depending on the data structure.

One of the points of Rust is that it allows you to localize the unsafe code and encapsulate it behind a safe interface.
Most of the low level std and core libraries are unsafe, because they are low level and therefore inherently unsafe, but the standard library builds higher level, safe, efficient, and convenient abstractions on top of these.

That only really applies if you're writing low level code though, when writing a normal userspace application you can very easily avoid having any unsafe blocks in your code since the standard library provides quite a lot for you.

>ITT
Shitty webdev red flags: I'll start

>Does not understand what he's talking about
Inherently unsafe and vulnerable
>Is a fucking weab and talking shit about things he does not even understand
Deliberately unsafe and vulnerable

>Says the one posting stallman memes.

>anime memes
yey!
>rms memes
nay...

What the fuck is this thread?

What if I'm writing deliberately unsafe C for tutorials? All the error checking makes the program less readable.

>Powered by (Insert game engine here)

Low energy damage control

Because we, intelligent people, don't need damage control

>Because we, intelligent people
Yeah you sure needed to mention that you are "intelligent"(!)

also I use exherbo because I have superior tastes

No

and you are still using a browser written in C on a computer running an OS written in C to access a server which OS is written in C running a webserver written in C to post your retarded opinion ?

>bumping the obvious mozilla shill thread

No major browsers are written in C, and parts of Windows kernel is written in C++ too, same goes for IIS.

literally who uses iis when nginx is a thing? unless you're running asp.net or some shit.

>Everything somebody says I don't like is from Sup Forums
Gaia seems a little more your speed, friendo.

Apparently 45% of all sites on the internet.