AMD Ryzen Threadripper Entry Level 16 Core, 32 Thread Processor To Cost $849 US

Intel BTFO.

Threadripper to cost $850 USD.

Where you the day when Intel lost?

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-threadripper-16-core-cpu-849-us-price-x399-motherboards/

>AMD’s Entry Level Ryzen Threadripper 16 Core Chip is Rumored To Be Priced at $849 US – Ryzen Threadripper CPUs Very Cheap To Produce

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/233945/amd-readies-nine-ryzen-threadripper-models
twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/870388109812355072
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopefully Vega is a catastrophe so I can direct trolling off Intel

Those 16 cores are nowhere near the performance of Intel's 16 core

And no where near the price. Sorry bud.

>Needs a 4096 pin socket

The motherboard will cost way more due to stupidly complex socket, you're getting dinged either way and it's not even compatible with EPOO

RYPOO & POORIPPER, BAD IDEA PROVEN TO BE EVEN WORSE IN IMPLEMENTATION

Intel 16 cores will cost like what, $1 500?

I think you missed a zero there.

besides the 16c/32t, what else are they releasing?

It's 1700 imo

10c/20t
12c/24t
14c/28t
16c/32t
AFAIK they are going to have a x and a none x version of each

>He doesn't know how poorly Intel's ringbus scales
>He doesn't know how well Zen scales
>He thinks only the price will be worse and not the performace as well

>850
>entry level
That's the price of an entire PC. Call me when it's $200 or less.

How about you take your poor ass outta here?

Welcome to HEDT. Leave your wallet at the door, we'll be emptying it for you.

It's still a helluva lot cheaper than Intel, even after they slashed prices.

more bingbus :DDDDDD

wait, wan't the entry level of threadripper the 10c/20t and the 16c/32t the top line? that would mean the 16/32 would go above 1k

There are several tiers (X and non-X) within the lineup. techpowerup.com/233945/amd-readies-nine-ryzen-threadripper-models

I don't care if it's Intel or AMD but who the fuck here on Sup Forums is buying such pricey processors and to do what? Tell me why you shelled out $200+ for a CPU.

3D rendering.

>where you the day when intel lost

m-muh gaymes

>BASED AMD releases Kikeripper
>Intel on suicide watch
What a time to be alive

>Rumored
I'll believe it when AMD confirms it. $849 is just too good to be true.

To support AMD.

Nobody except for 2.5 guys doing rendering. This threads are basically bus riding teenagers on /o/ discussing $200k supercars.

Considering how unbelievably high their yields are

According to BitsAndChips it costs $100-$120 for a Threadripper 16 core.

twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/870388109812355072

Still, less than twice the price for twice the cores is just giving shit away. I know Intel jews better than AMD, but that's just blue-eyed.

What the fuck do you think AMD has the mindshare or reputation to overprice?

AMD has to clean up all the shit reputation it got for Faildozer.
Selling superior product for lower price while having manufacturing process set up so well that you won't even lose any money doing so is a great strategy in a long run.

>Proven
Where is your proof you blatant Intel shill fag

>3.5 GHz base clock
>2.9~3.1 GHz base clock
hmmm

A bunch of blinged out top of the line RGBullshit motherboards at Computex. Apparently they're the only x399 motherboards that will ever exist, according to retarded shitposting shills.

>turbo 4.5

>reading comprehension

Wow 2 core turbo on an 18 core CPU, that's totally worth $2000.

>1 core turbo or chernobyl 2.0

Oops guess that's 16 core CPU at $1700, still not worth it though. Also jizz TIM lol.

>on 1 core

intel jew jizz (tm)

At least 2200$

Go back to you massive faggot

> Threadripper to cost $850 USD.
> cost $850 USD.
> $850 USD

Damn, that's one expensive CPU.

Then again.. that's 16 cores and 32 threads, not the usual 4 core CPU's I'm used to buying.

That's likely, but the obvious questions are: What's the actual performance per dollar and what's the performance per watt?

You obviously missed AMD's financial presentation. They really are primarily targeting the high-margin high-end market segments on both the CPU and the GPU side. They really are trying to move away from their "budget brand" reputation. Just look at what they are offering right now, a $400-ish Ryzen R7 line-up and some R5's that are just comparable to Intel's i5's in price/performance. We're not talking bang-for-the-buck chips that will give you twice the performance for half the price.

>We're not talking bang-for-the-buck chips that will give you twice the performance for half the price.
Yeah, more like the same performance at 1/3 the price

See 1700 vs 6900k

You're right, they will be way above Intel's garbage cores and architecture.

>Sup Forums board

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

>Then again.. that's 16 cores and 32 threads, not the usual 4 core CPU's I'm used to buying.
This is another world compared to corelet normie shit

A Broadwell-EP Xeon costs almost three times this rumoured AMD price and even the new Skylake-X 16 core is set at $1700

If this shit's true, $850 would be a fucking steal.

Kikeripper is going to be great, and if the price is true, then they're essentially giving us 2 1800Xs glued together without an increase in price with nearly perfect scaling. I guess infinity fabric wasn't a meme.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

850$ vs 320$ for the 7700k delivering the same performance all around, beating it in single core.

nothanks.png

You aren't the target market if your first reaction is to compare HEDT to a 7700K buddy.

Not a valid benchmark

watch chinese cartoons

That's always the case when the corelets get demolished :)

kek, like clockwork.
feels good to be an IntelChad and part of #teamblue staying ahead of the curve while AMDofuses try to catch up. kek. haha
>n-n-n-next y-year is our y-year lads! i s-s-s-swear!

>Adobe Software
>can barely use 6 cores

Why is this company not dead yet.

1800X has 600mhz higher base clock and better ram timings and lost?

Near monopoly on the creative industry. They don't even have to try, and they haven't for close to a decade now. I'm still using CS3 because it's the last version that wasn't a total nightmare with their awful custom interface on everything.

2666MHz is used on all setups there, and what 600MHz? No chips runs at base clock, all core turbo of the 6900k is 3.6IIRC, and the 1800X uses less power.

@60711467 (You)

>>Adobe Software
This is a piece of software where CPU benchmarks, quite frankly, barely matter at all. I'm not sure why anyone would even bother CPU-benchmarking it.

>Why is this company not dead yet.
Because the Adobe Premier product line has great GPU-support and everyone actually using it professionally have a high-end GPU or four.

>have a high-end GPU or four.
Is that what Nvidia's Tesla/Quadro which is around 15 times less of Intel's revenue tell you?

Lel, GPU acceleration, fucking retards.

who else here /teamblue/?

Fuck off retard, you don't know what your'e talking about

These are publicly available numbers in each company' ER, enjoy your irrelevant GPGPU market that constant driver fuckery while Intel makes 10 times as much money from the same market.

b-but GPGPU will replace CPUs any second now .. I swear on me mum.

This.
Neckbeards can't even imagine how much P--y an intel cpu gets you.
It's like iphone vs any non Galaxy S android phone

If GPUs cannot actually branch without a context switch and if they're not plug-and-play(even Xeon Phi was not PnP and it was x86) they'll forever remain as third or fourth place in the datacenter hierarchy.
Only fucking idiots without a clue how this market operates thinks GPGPU is in any kind of notable way a big market.

Holy shit, you really caught me off guard there.

What are the first three?

CPU, memory, I/O(compute) or
I/O, memory, CPU(storage/cloud)

cute

GPUs are faster in compute than CPUs

And ASICs/FPGAs are faster in compute than GPUs, guess why any of the three barely have any widespread use in compute, moron?

L M A O
M
A
O

>twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/870388109812355072
That is some extreme judaism if those margins are true. 700%? What the fuck.

the worst is that their 10 core processor doesn't even scale at 10:1 while an 1800X does

Just hope prices drop even more.
Imagine 16 cores at $600

Why do you think AMD wants piece HEDT market so much? It would just print money for them

So right now AMD has around 20%(?) of market.
Who is willing to guess how much they'll have by this time next year?

AMD needs money. It's still cheaper and better than Intel's HEDT, stop complaining and open up your damn wallet.

Unknown, depends on the success of mobile chips.

>Being this retarded.

>1.764V
That can't be real, are they trying to make a nuclear reactor?

Let's see... Ryzen 1700 is $300, so two dies crammed into one chip is basically $600, now the yield on the 16-core parts is said to be 80%, so we can assume a 20% "lottery tax" for the production of these chips, which amounts to $720. In other words we have some $130 unaccounted for, but I guess it's just a much more complex assembly in general. Either way, that's a really good price for what you get,

the yield on the 8 core parts is 80%, so basically the yield of everything above that is 80% too

See

Upgrade my dual Xeon Sandy-Bridge server for my private VPS, virtual hosted applications, and other virtualized services on a single machine.

You think that's bad? Photoshop barely uses 2
is pretty much right

>paying $850 for AMD

Dumb frogposter.

>WAH! STOP CARING ABOUT MARKET SEGMENTS WHERE INTEL IS GETTING BTFO'D THE FUCK OUT!

Bless Dr. Su.

>paying $1600 for lower clockspeeds and shitty build quality than AMD's

Can't wait for the benchmark. Prepare for Intel fanboys tears.

>Threadripper to cost $850 USD
>$850
>for a fucking AMD
No thanks
More coars != Better value for money when a cheaper 8 or 10-core Skylake-X can beat it in multithreaded apps