He's a big boy

He's a big boy

Other urls found in this thread:

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/SOLIDWORKS-2017-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-1800X-Performance-908/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>For you

You call that a CPU?

>t. 5'5" cpulet

Healthy at any size. Don't judge me by my pin count. I get it from my family.

Lets apply thermal paste

my sides

kek

What this thread has to do with Intel? Are amdrones this insecure?

Last two digits will decide its temp

ice cold killa

Checked for truth.

Proprietary sensor measurement, I guess 5 means 50ÂșC

This post actually made me remember the absurdity of doing paste for the 6xxx opterons. Thanks. Might need something more than just a plastic card now.

So we are back in the AMD hype cycle that comes after a disappointing release where AMD fanboys start saying, "NEXT RELEASE WILL FINALLY LIVE UP TO THE HYPE THIS TIME! INTEL IS FINISHED!"

checked

Ryzen btfo intel though, just look at the latest benchmarks where a 1700x is outperforming a 7700k and is cheaper to boot.

There is literally no reason to buy anything on the intel side of things unless you're destitute poor and can only afford a g4560 - and we haven't seen the R3's yet so intel might yet get btfo there too.

>ryzen
>disappointing
intel shills are truly desperate this time

stop making comically large CPUs and SHIP VIDEO CARDS

Fuck Video cards.

T R A N S C E N D

>6900k perf at a third of the price
>Disappointing

Wut.

You mean for the gaymurz that kept buying NVidia even when they were shipping trash like Thermi? Nah. Fuck them. They don't deserve shit.

Trans-dimensional socket. Nice.

That single core performance tho. The only thing Ryzen beat is the i5, they completely murdered it the to the point Intel had to create the i9 just to replace the i5 with the i7. The 7700k is still the best all around CPU, with nice multi core and awesome single core performances.

After a delid, maybe.

25% better single core isn't a dealbreaker for me, but for some people I guess it is. I'd rather have more overall resources at my disposal.

>delidded corelet stutterfire on a dead socket
>best anything
7700k value is atrociously bad.

It's cheaper than a 1700X, what the fuck are you talking about?

"Old de paso advertisement theme plays"

You're gonna spend the money on a more expensive motherboard for that intel cpu anyway

Well, and you gotta expend more on RAM if you get a AMD cpoo

>Are amdrones this insecure?
Yes

Don't forget the delid kit for your pootel abortion

Only good Intel CPU is the poorfag Pentium.

It's got significantly better perf/watt though which is going to lead to it being able to maintain higher clocks in thermally limited situations like ultra high core counts.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 16/32 threadripper is on par or better than the 18/36 skylake-x in raw performance.

Sides obliterated.

>mfw Zen++ is stacking 7nm dies vertically

now we know

It will change on how dependent the workload is on single threaded speed. While anything massively parallel should scale better on TR, the possible 4.5 boost from SKLX could be important in completion times of certain tasks. In something like cinebench, TR should crush it mercilessly.

What kind of retard dumps thousands of dollars into a system to run single threaded tasks on it?
You realise this is HEDT right?

single thread perf is literally the only castle intel has
and that is already beaten with the new updates...

Or you could just buy a K series i3/i5/i7 and get even more single threaded performance for much cheaper. Even if it can boost to 4.5, that's probably only with just those one or two tasks going on. If you're heavily using the CPU turboboost won't be nearly as effective.

underrated

I wouldn't be surprised if the 16 core TR outright beats 18 core sk-x. The all-core clockspeed difference is going to be pretty massive.

There are plenty of tasks for HEDT that are dependent on single threaded execution. Not out of poor software, but simply some simulations are heavily sequential. Solidworks particularly comes to mind, where there are a variety of simulations possible so needing a balance of both single and multithread performance isn't unreasonable.

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/SOLIDWORKS-2017-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-1800X-Performance-908/

Underrated

If 16-core TR has XFR of 4.1 GHz, that's plenty enough. That's barely that far off from 4.5 GHz.

Nigger, the 4 core skylake is outperforming the 10 core broadwell-X in every one of those tests.
How is this a reason for someone to get a 18 core CPU?

Aware, just trying to mention that even real HEDT tasks can be heavily dependent on single thread. I would anticipate most workloads will be better on TR, but there will still be use cases for each.

Incorrect.

The simulation and rendering scores for BWLX are higher than the 7700k overall. It's because certain parts of the work are entirely sequential, so single thread speed disproportionately affects completion time.

No, it killed the i7
The i5 was (and is) at a price where it isn't competing with Ryzen

You are forgetting the r5s, which took a giant dump on the entire i5 lineup

Stick to Nvidia you gaymer subhuman

Nicely played user.

Just apply 1 tennis ball of paste in the middle and let the heat sink spread it

kek

>tfw someone saved your OC
wish you could scale it better, it's 3x bigger in filesize than the original.

10/10

When will they learn?

impressive, very nice

I hope the MacBook Pro refresh goes all out on AMD, that thin Ryzen CPU (Apple said before they used the RX455/460 because of how thin the die was) looked like some kind of hint towards it, not a direct hint but, one could tell.

WHAT THIS POST HAS TO DO WITH
WHAT THIS POST HAS TO DO
WHAT THIS POST HAS TO
WHAT THIS POST HAS
WHAT THIS POST
WHAT THIS
WHAT

Top meme my friend

gonna go full ryzen this christmas, treating myself. pretty hype

If you made that, why did you spell it "this" instead of the more appropriate "dis" ?

so it's a tad more serious. I still have the xcf with sources on my desktop, if I don't forget I'll make the "delid dis" version and post it tomorrow.

Well now we are all going to need new coolers

noctua's already on it

they will never switch to AMD. They have some agreement with intel on that. Also they have a tendency to put dualcore i7s in the newer MBPs, so go figure.

I think Ill stick with Intel

>MacBook Pro
>Pro

Apply directly to the forehead.

that's a really really big poo fan cooler.

Bigger surface area = better heat dissipation. There's also seperate dies under the lid. It's definitely not a bad thing that it's this big.

oh yea, it's just called Macbook now? I stopped following this shit when they made it stupid retarded with naming.

Ya but to upgrade I will need a new motherboard case and ram at least and the case will need to be massive

Not really. Just because the baseplate is bigger doesn't mean the cooler and fan are enormous and won't fit, unless you've got some tiny mITX case or something.

The motherboards will have to be larger or cut features

those are 120mm fans, so it's smaller than a dh-15

and that cooler was designed to fit in a 4U server case, it WILL fit in literally any non trash case on the market

yeah... no, you're stupid

No, they are standard sized. It is a bit of a tight fit, though.

Other than being from asrock that doesn't look too bad

Gigabyte one pic related and

I hate that I might have to go AND soon we will see what i9s are

translate pls

>Also they have a tendency to put dualcore i7s in the newer MBPs, so go figure.

In the 13", yeah. 15" always gets 45w quad cores.

Replace and with AMD