/Builds/

2500k system died.

With it was a 980 Ti Classified (RMA'd a 780 Ti Classified), 16GB DDR3 1333.

I quickly threw this together

pcpartpicker./list/dRKn4C

Any critiques ?
I already have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, sound card, and HDD's.

I'm open to a Ryzen build, but I have a144hz display and want to get every frame I can as long as i'm not paying tons extra for Intel. I also should be overclocking, but might be too lazy to do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/dRKn4C
legitreviews.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-versus-amd-ryzen-1700x-14-game-cpu-showdown_192508
pcpartpicker.com/list/49Pv7h
pcpartpicker.com/list/k9Qwf8
amazon.com/Acer-XF270HU-27-inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B0173PEX34
pcpartpicker.com/list/xLgZ3F
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pcpartpicker.com/list/dRKn4C

fixed link

Did the 980 ti die too? What happened

it was rma'd and either th mobo had issues due to the pci-e slot being pulled on due to shitty alignment, and/or that GPU had port issues and that's why it was returned.

Also wondering if I should stick with a 6700k so I can have W7 without doing anything special to it to update.

Are there any DDR4 limitations if I go with a 6700k ?

you will have a better upgrade path with ryzen, so if you want to upgrade by 2020 go with ryzen.
If you're doing more than gaming, go ryzen. 7700k is behind ryzen in everything (i think?) except gaming.
that ram is on sale on newegg right now. and you can grab 1070s for cheaper on sale almost all the time. ASUS also has a bad support reputation so be aware. MSI, EVGA or Zotac are better options.

i assume your monitor is 144hz 1080p? if its 1440p, a 1070 isn't enough.

I spent $700 on a Viewsonic XG2703-GS a month ago, so I'm feeling the hurt atm.

It's a 27" 1440p 144hz IPS G-Sync display.

Sticking with 1070 due to cost.

It's very likely I may wait many months too, so things could change.

I'm entertaining the idea of a 6700k so I can dualboot 7 and 10 without having to do anything special in 7 since microsofts policy is to block updates and now the cycle of a way around being found then micosoft patching it has begun.

Okay what is your budget then? $1500? And are you doing anything more than gaming?

Under 1500 would be nice, even if it's $1499

Just gaming, multitasking would be nice but idc desu

Don't be an idiot and buy a CPU that will be struggling the next year. Quad cores are already being used to their limits with no headroom and modern games really are using more cores. Check benches for 2016, the trend is that more cores are doing better in newer games. Besides, Ryzen's 6 cores are far cheaper and offer little performance drop. You also will get a some insurance of future emulation in rpcs3 which can scale with more threads.

Modern games still have most logic occurring in one thread.

There are still pretty serious old games that really want that single threaded ipc.

Stop falling for the amd shills

>If you're doing more than gaming, go ryzen. 7700k is behind ryzen in everything (i think?) except gaming.
And if you look at the latest benchmarks after all the bios updates you find that the 1700x is ahead of the 7700k in virtually every benchmark, including the gaymin ones.

legitreviews.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-versus-amd-ryzen-1700x-14-game-cpu-showdown_192508

I'm not falling for anything, buying the 7700k is absolutely retarded unless you want 240Hz on 1080p for whatever fucking reason. OP is above 1080p, the CPU means shit there. How did the shilling for the i7 quad core become this terrible? It has never been a good buy when the i5 quad core could OC very close and cost $100 less.

Oh look, another AMD retard shill showing benchmarks with a massive GPU bottleneck then going THEY'RE EQUAL GET MOAR COARS !!!!!!!

Try watching unbiased benchmarks where the GPU isn't a bottleneck.

You people are fucking retarded

You sound like a retard on MMO Champ named Fascinate

Nice spacing. Here's a (You) for effort.

If you can find a 1080ti on slickdeals and are patient, you can get that instead. a 1080 will get close to 144hz, 1080ti will break 144hz.
because of
there is literally no reason to go intel, ignore the other poster

When you are actually buying, look for sales because you can do better for cheaper with sale prices.
pcpartpicker.com/list/49Pv7h
You can get a cheaper case if you want, that is up to you though. The 1700 and 1700x are almost identical, one is just clocked higher from the factory. 650 watts is fine, 750 is overkill.
You aren't buying today so everything will be cheaper later on.

u know u could get another i5 for what 50$?

if he wants 1440p 144hz that is a bad idea

Retard AMD shill ignoring facts, fucking tired of you morons.

the i5 2500k @4.4 @2133 mHz is good for another 4 years at least

In practice it's equivalent to a ryzen 1800x in day to day operations

yeah it is according to the videos I've seen, but most don't want to deal with the OC or replace their ancient mobo just for that ram

>i5 2500k
>not having it OC'ed to hell already

Also if ur mobo wouldn't take that ram freq for some reason (but most i5 gaymers have mobo that do) u can get one for another 50$.

Most/majority of 1600mHz gayming oriented ddr3 can take the OC btw, so u dont even have to buy new sticks.

So 50$(just cpu), 100$(cpu, mobo) or 135$(cpu, mobo, ram) vs close to 600$ just for what? a 10% increase in performance at best

pcpartpicker.com/list/k9Qwf8
heres a better build

How did it 'die'? You mean mobo bit the dust? Buy used mobo, P8P67 Deluxe are easily available on ebay.

Don't buy cpu with TIM'd IHS, if you're not gonna completely remove the heatspreader and put heatsink directly on die. Zen build is not recommended either, because single threaded performance (clock to clock) is identical or worse (or slightly better with high memory frequencies) compared to your Sandy Bridge 2500k.

27" 2k Monitor @ 144Hz for $400

Deal or no? I've heard bad things about Acer Customer service?

Monitor in question:

amazon.com/Acer-XF270HU-27-inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B0173PEX34

Not equilevant, but faster with any single threaded operation, even if taking avx2 advancade into account.

>P8P67 Deluxe
/thread

making u one brb 2 mins

Here op finished
pcpartpicker.com/list/xLgZ3F

is that a joke?

why would it be
if he wants the most out of a 1440 144hz screen might aswell spend most on gpu rather than gimmicks like overpriced cases power supplys and mobos
he said he may be too lazy for OC so I went with the 1600 since it also includes cooler
he could go for ryzen 7 add in a cool and make it 1080 but i suggest 1080 ti

u could've at least slapped a r7 1700 in there

And 700$ on the gpu on a 1300$ system feels... wrong somehow

>Msi

yeah but he has the storage and peripherals so the total would be more if bought all together and wouldnt feel that wrong

>i assume your monitor is 144hz 1080p? if its 1440p, a 1070 isn't enough.

So if I have a GTX 660, I shouldn't get a 1440p 144Hz?

not for games or i mean maybe u could play shit games like league of legends but still you would waste the 144hz part unless u plan on upgrading

>ANTISTATIC GLOVES

I planned on gradually upgrading. Like buying a monitor now, then a new GPU in a few months

lol

shame the monitor market is so stagnant

We should be at 144hz 4k ips with hdr 2 and freesync 2 by now

Which one's the best deal? Is there a significant difference between x370 and B350?

Ditch the intel chip

Get a R7 1700 and OC it to infinity with that AIO cooler

Also the jump to 1070 is not worth it in 1080p IMO. (Unless you have money to burn, then go for 1080ti and a better screen)

>have 4790k and fury x and 1440p 144hz
>want to be a whole new pc but have no reason to and barely play games anymore

shietttt