Is win7 still worth using?

Is win7 still worth using?

Other urls found in this thread:

fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1703.frag)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its still better than windows 10...

Unless Windows 8 or 10 introduced something you need, why not? It will still have support until 2020.

unless you have a specific reason to upgrade, yes

worse than 8.1 in every way, unless you're one of those muh startmenu retards

What did 8 and 8.1 introduce that you need? Genuinely curious.

Windows 7 makes me wanna cry from laughing

$0.50 was deposited into your account.

hyper-v

Yes, Nanami still loves you. Please stay!

What exactly are you missing in w7?

Dou you want automatic updates that you cant turn off?
Do you want next gen spyware and integrated backdoors?
Do you want a challange every time you need to find a setting?

Do you really want to waste money downgrading your os?

If so, then get windows 10.

I used to be pissed w7 didn't get dx12, and I whould have to update to w10... Until I saw it.

Its litterally dx11 with some minor tweaks.

they r faster

DX12 is big for crossforestfire or SLIBBQ.

Windows 7 doesn't have memory compression.

Pretty much this. Also:

Do you want ads integrated in your OS?
Do you want an UI designed for a mobile device?
Do you want an OS which uses malware tactics to prevent you from disabling some of its ""features"" (fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1703.frag)

Yes, Windows 10 is a rushed, bloated, piece of shit.

Yes. Install it, run Windows Offline Updates. It just works. No ads, no telemetry installed by WOU, no options turning themselves on.

Best backwards compatibility in any still-supported Windows. Best looking OOTB at least until Microsoft releases the Neon stuff. You can get a barebones W7 using Embedded or N versions.

If you need to use Windows, it is the best version available.

Next update for windows 10 is to restrict users to microcrap approved only applications available through their app store unless you pay an extra kek to be able to use "some" none microcrap approved applications.

Yes, until 2020. I recommend trying out Linux distros now so it's easier to switch once the time comes

No. If you insist on Windows, Windows 8's the best version.

>can't rename wifi networks
>best version
Less really is more, huh?

>being able to rename Wi-Fi networks is a dealbreaker

Yes

It kind of depends. If the kind of stuff you do on your computer requires Windows then yes Windows 7 is still worth it. If you game or you use programs for work that are only windows compatible then I'd use 7. For anything else I'd probably make the switch to Linux or if you are so inclined and willing to spend the money on the hardware then you can try whatever the current iteration of Mac OS is.

Under no circumstance would I recommend Windows 10 and I'm unsure about Windows 8 as I don't know if it incorporates all the botnet features of 10.

Also this. It's the removal of these actually useful features that make no sense.
>b-but offline backups!!1!
I make monthly backups. Having seamless file rollback is still good for when you don't want to dig out your backup media.

Genuinely curious, as someone who disabled them on my laptop because precious SSD space, when exactly do you use them? The only time I could see myself needing my backup is drive failure or bleeding edge NSA+Cyka virus outbreak.

I have a 256GB SSD and I still set aside 50GB to file history because there's occasions when I overwrite or delete a file thinking I wouldn't need it. An example is accidentally saving over a game or using save instead of save as on a picture or document.

For the start menu there's Classic Shell though. The only reason worth to avoid Windows 8 is that you can't disable Aero, but only autistic "MUH 0.1ms INPUT LAG" gamers care about that.

I'm betting wipe and reinstall windows without using a limited amount of activations because I can't not install every virus I find online.

Does 8.1 support nvme?

7 supports NVMe, so I suppose 8.1 does support as well.

It's the only good version of Windows ever released.

This got me out of trouble so many times! It sucks they removed it from 8. I think it's actually the worst part about 8.

Yes. It has almost everything Windows 8.1 and 10 have except bloatware, ads and more botnet. Also it has the best Start Menu and more control over your OS generally.

>not having 16gb of ram

Yes.
7 doesn't support NVMe natively, which makes it a pain in the ass to have to modify the installation ISO.

7 has that

this. I still use it every day at work.

Same problem with usb.

>7 doesn't support NVMe natively, which makes it a pain in the ass to have to modify the installation ISO.
You integrate the update with DISM.

USB 3.0 isn't supported natively so those ports will behave like 2.0 until drivers are installed. Assuming there's an internet connection it'll do that automatically most of the time.

That's not necessarily true, my assrock sure as shit didn't, but my EVGA had a compatibility option in the bios.

If it is for you, yes.
What is the point of this thread?

This. I've seen Ubuntu (non LTS) releases that were smoother than this piece of shit. I allowed the Creators update and was rewarded with loosing the ability to limit telemetry. Motherfuckers greyed the option out! Fuck Microsoft.

>not utilizing RAM as efficiently as possible

>being a RAMlet