Yes
More tears per frame means more FPS above w/e the monitor rate is
Assuming its 60hz it means vega is running at around 182 fps

t. doesn't understand frame tearing

it's bigger than 60 fps for sure
but how much is unknown

Titan X performance at 1080ti prices.

You seem to not understand frame tearing
Frame tearing happens when your monitors hz rate is off from the video output rate.
More tears per frame means more frames are being rendered than the monitor supports
2.7 tears are shown in the frame above this means
Assuming 60hz projector was used you get
60hz x 2.7 repeated frames = 162 FPS being rendered

Go back to your overpriced Gsync faggotry

i was. honestly.

but i'm afraid it is just too late. they will have to compete with volta and they are thinking the competition is the gtx 10 series. sad

>it's super fast but we won' show fps counter
>trust us goyim

You genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, seems like you're just spewing damage control from r/amd
Screen tearing is caused by the video frames being out of sync with the display device. When the refresh rate of the device doesn’t match that of the display device it causes the frames to sync up incorrectly causing the tearing effect.

Max Q!

Lol. That's exactly what he just fucking said faggot.

The GPUs were displaying more frames than the screen could refresh and display.

user more tears per frame doesnt mean more frames are being rendered than the monitor supports it means the GPU is not syncing the frames being displayed sequentially
it's like me asking for a wrench and a screwdriver in that order and instead you give me both at the same time. I'm not magically getting two more wrenches and screwdrivers

What the fuck... the screen tearing is displaying two or more different frames at the same time.

In your retarded example it would be like getting a wrench on one end and a screwdriver on the other.

i don't think you know how tearing works.

Yeah, but it was at ~160 frames, working on Vega CF. Realistically, compensating for scaling, a single vega card should be running that 4k prey instance at above 80 frames per second. And these were still FE Vegas, right? Not the gaming variants, for which we don't even have final drivers yet and Raja said will be even faster than the FE. So gaming Vega should be at around 90 frames give or take a few, right? Considering nVidia cards perform better on Prey than AMD cards, then the 1080 Ti should running Prey at near 100 frames. So how many frames does the Ti render at that same resolution? Around 80+. That puts the Ti below Vega, in a game that, according to nVidia fans, performs better on Team Green hardware. This is bad news for nVidia. :^)

It's displaying two incorrect frames whether it be from a previous frame or the next schedualed frame
That doesn't mean your getting 182 fucking FPS

>AMDumbfucks have literally just resorted to delusional nonsense
Jesus christ, is this the damage control Team Red+ is running with?

user, this is bait. Be more careful of your (you)s

Um yea it does...
More frame tears in a single frame means the card rendered more frames than the monitors refresh rate.
Also two RX 580s in crossfire which is not 100% effecient run this game at 58-65 fps if you think two vegas is going to be slower than that you are clearly fanboying this shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

>Screen tearing is less noticeable when more than two frames finish rendering during the same refresh interval, since this means the screen has several narrower tears instead of a single wider one.

It's still greater than the refresh rate of the display.

Which assumes 60Hz and the frequency of the tearing puts the frame rate well above 60 frames per second. Whether it's 120-160-180. It does not look good for Nvidia.

>Whether it's 120-160-180. It does not look good for Nvidia.
You have no way of knowing that and 120 fps is bad, even considering CF scalling. Remember these were 2 vegas.

1080 ti gets 65~ fps in prey in the 1.2v patch since the game at launch was rendering about 30% less shadows on nvidia hardware due to a bug

Frames went from 85~ on high to 65~ on a 1080 ti

Even is vega was the same peformance per core as polaris it would be faster than a 1080 ti
If a polaris card had 4096 cores at 1500mhz it would blow the 1080 ti of out the water.
Considering they have 2304 cores @ 1120 mhz and are around half as powerful as a 1080 ti the vega cards with 4094 cores @ 1500mhz with claimed 50% IPC should be at least 238.5% faster than a RX 480 not including IPC improvements or memory fill rate improvments.

youtube.com/watch?v=YC2ZlLoo14w

FUCK VEGA
WHO WAITING™ FOR NAVI HERE???

Two frontier Vegas on incomplete game drivers and power optimized for efficiency and number crunching, bot rendering.

single 1080 ti gets 65~ fps in this game on 4k

Crossfire scaling is good in this game but its only around 75% not 100% scale
this means single vega should perform better than a 1080 ti even if the refresh rate was on the low end of the tear count estimate frames

If the projector was 30hz the frame rate would be around 82~
30 X 2.7 tears per frame = 82 fps rendered or so

does it really matter
if you're not a miner you're not going to have one

Anyone with a 21:9 3440x1440 100hz freesync monitor will want a vega.
Freesync is much more affordable than G sync but the only issue is AMD does not have cards capable of running 100+ hz on above 1080p

When is this shit coming out?? How much will it cost? Shit fuck!

end of july, a lot.

August and a lot. ~520mm^2 die and 2stacks of HBM2 with interposer are not cheap.

>still waiting

nah got a 1080, waiting for AMD to bust out a MCM GPU with IF

>hidamari sketch-wide CPU
WIIIIIIIDE.

>So are we excited for VEGA!!??
no not any more and miners will buy out all the initial supply any way
vega for gaming q1 2018
at with point we will have volta

>Volta
Wow bigger dies. See you in two years.

>See you in two years
nvidia isn't amd

>V sync turned off

see you at 5% market share amd [spoiler]this make me sad[/spoiler] this month mared yet another consecutive month with amd shares in gpu market dropping, according to steam survey . The most popular amd gpu is hd7770! a 5 years old budget gpu and it placed 17th in the ranking with 1.38 share. Amd doesnt exist for gaming, And no wonder it simply cant, when amd has as good of a card as nvidia you can't buy it (see rx580 and empty shelfs), but 90% of the time nvida simplly has better products. Allmost all of my cards so far where ati and than amd but for the last 10 years it was only in spite just to not buy nvidia but now i think i reached the end i have no more stranght to go up stream and support amd just out of principles.

Right, it's fucking worse, they can't do anything but fuck G80s dead corpse.

>last 10 years
How to spot concern shill in one simple step.

>lmao a projector has tearing XDDDDDDDDD AMD IS DEAD XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

2007 x1900
2009 hd 4870
2011 hd 7770 (hd4870 fried just few days after warranty expired)
2016 r9 380
my history with with ati gpus started with ati 9600 pro (particularly bad choice but i didnt knew much about pc's back but than again it could be worse i almost bought gf mx2 i only didnt because store clerk actually gave me a good adice to not to).

for the last 10 years
I was trully happy only with x1900 that was monster back than
hd 4870 was ok but gtx 260 was better and as i said my card died few days after i could no longer gemand replacment
7770 back than was worse than nvidia counter part
r9 380 is pretty bad it used to be slower than gtx 960 (now its a little bit faster) but its hot and power hungry and worhless in nv sponsored games

now i wanted to buy rx580 and i can because they arent available.

>shil shil shil
shills are the frist one to call others a shill

No.
I don't get excited about tech anymore.
Except USB-C. I am fucking stoked about a do-anything-anyhow connector.

> I am fucking stoked about a do-anything-anyhow connector.

let them fry baby oh let them fry
let the fumes of fried electronic reach the nostrails
let the housfires commance
let the fry let them fry

also baby dont let them use head phones XDDDD

>Letting the fanatics count the vsync tears to approximate FPS instead of running a simple FPS counter.
>POOR VOLTA

fuck me thats some optimistic shit right there.

I was.....

If it's cheap enough I'll use it along with a 1700 and make a budget build , if it's 500+ I'll just wait for coffee lake and Volta

Not anymore.

After seeing the various official gaming benchmarks that showed it performing worse than a 1080 ti in AMD optimized games. I decided to just pick up a 1080 ti.

I don't like how they implied gaming Vega would be Q1 this year, yet the only card releasing Q1 is the FE.

I'll wait until its released.
If its shit, I'll stick to 1080p with my r9 290.

On 1080p 144hz with 390. Can easily wait. Love how people lose their shit over this

Same. Fucking useless.
I wait until I see a super good value and I buy it. Doesn't matter which brand. The 290 was the last super fucking good value I found. $150 a few years back on eBay. Fucking works fine.
Was thinking about selling it and grabbing a 1060 6gb, but the performance isn't worth my time.

Paying over $300 for a GPU seems dumb to me beings I barely use the R9 290 to its potential.

Now I'm waiting to see what this generation brings and if its lame I'll probably just wait awhile for the plebs that buy brand new cards every year to start selling 1080s and 1080tis cheap. Kek.

I can play Overwatch at nearly max settings on my RX 480 at 1440p, 90-120 FPS, with FreeSync.

Don't think I need Vega.