Whatever happened to direct die cooling like this...

Whatever happened to direct die cooling like this? It would scare off normies from making lego PCs as they'd worry about breaking their CPU.

*CREEEEEEAAAAAK*

You do realize Intel/AMD want to sell their chips to everyone including normies right? That's how business works

DONT YOU REMIND ME OF THIS YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT
I ALMOST BROKE MY PC YESTERDAY BY TRYING TO UPGRADE MY CPU AND ACCIDENTALLY BENDING THE PINS
FUCK YOU INTEL AND YOUR ON "PINLESS" CPUs

With Intel the CPU is worth more than the board. With AMD, the board is worth more than the CPU.

to many crack dies from incorrect cooler mounting. its why it went away sadly. ultimately it didn't help keep away normies and normies were not the only ones having trouble with it anyways. even ultra autismos did too. one accidental slip and bamn, its cracked.

you have a higher chance bending one of these pins than you do cracking a bare die. intel is truly jews of jews.

>don't warranty busted dies
>they have to buy another one

Done. Also optimum cooling.

That's user error, though. Should be free money for the manufacturers when they need to buy a replacement.

I actually crunched the corner of an AXP with a screwdriver once when it slipped off the heatsink bracket. Apparently nothing was happening there, since it kept working.

But I have an old GPU that runs at 85C idle and no "cracks".

>remove thermal paste
>it's dried out
>some of it falls into the fucking socket
>clean it but some remains

>PC boots after third try, has worked perfectly since then

Apply new thermal paste, that shit shouldn't run over 50C

Aren't laptop CPUs bare die? If so, the cooling isn't as big as you'd think. A fresh re-paste on my T420 still let's my i7-2620m hit 75C on encoding loads. For desktops, cooler manufacturers would have to make new mounting mechanisms to hold the cooler on/be able to be tightened down without cracking the die.

And temps etc aren't even an issue if the CPU manufacturer uses proper cooling. I.e. AMD with their fluxless solder compared to Intel and their Jewish trick of using garbage paste under the lid.

RELID DIS

>that's user error
ultimately it was the reason why. there were simply to many people cracking dies.

it costs both intel and amd extra money to slap on that heat spreader. from the piece of metal itself, to the glue and solder / tim. they would gladly remove it to save cost if they deemed getting more complaints more worth while over the extra cost. but ultimately, they decided spending that extra money was worth it more than recieving countless of complaints about people cracking their dies.

Who cares?

First rate CPU companies solder the IHS to the die and don't use junk thermal paste.

Skipping the IHS on laptop CPUs saves about a mm of thickness, which is one of the most important customer priorities.

excuse me, but intel is a first rate company. before you go off and spread information, you first need to research to get your facts straight. instead of spreading fake news. intel is backed by a consensus of engineers, science, and facts. thank you.

intel is shit, bunch of corner cutting fuckwits who put out shit quality housefire cpu's

i'm sorry but unless you pack up your statments with actual facts, you are simply ignoring the science and spreading fake news.

Socket pins and covert die are not related... if you got the die uncover you will also have the pins to bend.. increasing significally the changes of screw it up...

>tfw the text on the die leaves its mark on the heatsink

>15 cents have been deposited to your account

>muh secret technology club
This why people don't like you, user.

>it would scare paying customers away
no wonder the XP was so lackluster

kek

>justifying his purchase