Recommend a laptop or desktop

Hi guys can anyone recommend a reasonable laptop or desktop for £500 ($644) or under. I'm looking for something and wasn't really sure, so I thought I come to you guys first.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-n22-chromebook-/162513272840
ebay.com/itm/HP-Z400-Workstation-Intel-Xeon-6-Core-3-06GHz-24GB-RAM-2TB-HD-NVIDIA-Win-10-Pro-/172667281088
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

$100 used t400 on ebay

Use the rest to build yourself a desktop.

What is reasonable? Dell has "reasonable" netbooks for $499 on Amazon unless you're a gamer. There are highly reasonable $200 refurbs at the same place unless you need newer, faster stuff.

What are you going to use it for?
Do you want a lightweight shit one that is only good to store data and watch youtube videos on or do you want something that does almost the same things as a desktop?

OP here I'm going to use it for course work, writing code and running a virtual machine for purposes of pen testing. I would also quite like a machine that could possibly handle games?

>use it for course work, writing code and running a virtual machine
Lenovo IdeaPad 100s, maybe Packard Bell EasyNote TE. Depends where you live and what the price is on where you're going to buy it from. Any websites in the UK you use/trust so I can check it out?

Agreed except I'd say $100 used chromebook.

>Any websites in the UK you use/trust so I can check it out?
I've come to Sup Forums first because although I'd describe myself as computer savvy I don't really know about what is good value for money on the market.

like this one I just found for you
ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-n22-chromebook-/162513272840

That's not me (O.P) I think I'm looking for a lap top or desk top not a chrome book thanks for your consideration. I guess I just want some idea what I can expect bought new for this price range.

I was just replying to myself.

Anyway, point is laptops are shit. Buy the lowest cost functional laptop you can get because you are ultimately going to regret any money you spend on a laptop.

Put the rest of your money into a desktop because it's by far the better investment.

And I'm looking for either a desktop or a laptop for around £500

Are you going to move around alot?

Probably not no.

desktop then.

Okay here's a solid starter desktop.
ebay.com/itm/HP-Z400-Workstation-Intel-Xeon-6-Core-3-06GHz-24GB-RAM-2TB-HD-NVIDIA-Win-10-Pro-/172667281088

>24GB RAM
why

>I'm going to be running virtual machines

>24gb why

Maybe you should be in /sqt/

You can do it with 8gb, a bit overkilll. But yeah, you need Runescape running in the background, so I can see the reason for 24gb.

the answer is always x220 or t420