Explain to me why running two of these as a server isn't a cheaper performance alternative to some IBM/Dell rack shit...

Explain to me why running two of these as a server isn't a cheaper performance alternative to some IBM/Dell rack shit that costs $20,000?

No EEC.

There is no way in hell Intel is giving the Core i9 any QPI links for multi-cpu configurations.

Also the lack of ECC registered memory support isn't very ideal either, at least if you need mission critical reliability.

/thread

intel is for cucks

Ryzen has ECC

>native multi-socket vs. two discrete power-sucking gamer shitboxes taped together with a network connection
gee I dunno
nobody mentioned ryzen you fucking shill

epyc

>"native"
>if I use computer-y sounding words people might think I know what I'm talking about

So AMD won? Intel is going to become the underdog loser?

Intel is going to get raped on mobile, on desktop AND on the server market.

unless Intel becomes the budget leader they are going to lose massive market share to AMD over the next five years.

If they solder instead of tooth paste this would not be the case.
Fuck intel tho.

Exchange those for Threadripper then: yes.

I don't know man, like AMD can shit out millions of Ryzen, Threadripper, and EPYC processors to meet demand. A 32 core/ 64 thread EPYC processor is something Intel doesn't even have. Shit is crazy yo

You pay that $20K to IBM or Dell for a "certified" solution with a service agreement. That means they sort out any driver/firmware/compatibility issues and come to you for repairs instead of leaving you pissing in the wind as they do with consumer hardware...

I would totally go for ryzen 8core but my ram is ddr3 only intel has support for ddr3 on new processors. That is 200$ saved right there. And amd motherboards are pretty expensive.

I will try to save up for ryzen+

You don't own the consumer hardware, it's licensed to you. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Because AMD's threadripper is more cores, more IPC, less Watts and half the price.

that's why.

You just gotta buy whatever fits your needs and budget my man :) Ryzen+ will probably be 20% faster than ryzen if AMD's graphs are correct

nah the expensive service agreement just means you get to call support when something breaks and then they blame someone else for the problem and don't fix it. or occasionally just try to jew some consulting fees or something out of you.

Because you don't want to burn down the room

Buy Naples.

yes you do?

>Intel
No thanks I don't want to incinerate the whole planet.

>making a big computer
>using x86
>not using ARM despite its power usage advantages