Why do power companies measure your usage in kilowatt hours rather than joules? Joules is more straight forward

Why do power companies measure your usage in kilowatt hours rather than joules? Joules is more straight forward.

Rounding up is profitable.

Post more frog girl pics please. I watch this show a lot and have a body pillow...

Cute frogposter.

die weeb

because devices state watt and people are retarded and would get confused

Any normie who knows what a watt is will be able to get his head around what a kilowatt-hour means. He'll also be able to grasp things like how using 100 watts for 10 hours is one kilowatt-hour.

Talk to him about joules and you'll just get a blank stare. Even if he knew that a joule is a watt-second, people don't think of their electricity usage at timescales as short as a second. Hours is a better fit for the chunks of time people normally use electricity in.

Understanding what a kilowatt hour is not easier than understanding what a joule is. The retarded people you speak of have no idea what a kilowatt hour is and just pay whatever the amount on the bill says without thinking about it.

>>Understanding what a kilowatt hour is not easier than understanding what a joule is.
It's easier to deal with "1,000 of something per hour" than "3600 of something per hour"

Wow, so instead of 1000kWh on my power bill it'll be 3600000000J! Great idea retard. While we're at it, why don't we measure hard drive sizes in bytes too. Fucking retards.

>3600000000J
AKA 3.6 Terajoules.
>Using metric prefixes is okay for bytes but not joules

Because it makes figuring out power consumption a lot easier.
>ampsXvolts=wattage
>gives decently round numbers

Then lets measure hard drives in terabits because bits are "straight forward"

Define "straight forward"

An hour has 3600 seconds. Do you understand yet?

that would make way more sense because a byte isn't actually a standardized size. i don't think there are many systems where 1 byte != 8 bits around anymore though

Bits aren't straight forward because file systems don't allocate on a per bit level, it would make no sense to do that.
Less conversion is required to get the straight amount amount.

>frog fetish
>body pillow
Cmon man

Nope. The normies I've asked all think kilowatt-hour means a kilowatt per hour. It's not easier for them and is annoying for us. It's just stupid all around.

Joules sounds too much like Jews, and then the customers would realize who they're really dealing with.

this is my desktop background

Every day i hate anime more and more

>Anime
Hi.
Go to hell.

>mad about anime on an anime imageboard

leave this board and never come back

nice blog