Be atheist

>be atheist
>not give a flying fuck if the earth is a polluted hellhole in 100 years because you'll be dead and you have zero reason to care about people that live beyond your life

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hy_J1YMzfNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your being is the knowledge of God

We are already feeling the affects of those 100 years ago did user.
They didn't give a shit and now we have more and more violent weather events.

Climate change is a pretty good example of why we can't just leave things for the next generation to clean up. What we do in our generation will take two or three generations to recover from. It's just not a reasonable viewpoint.

the weather is in no way any more violent now than it has been for millions of years

>be NEET
>give zero fucks about the world because you'll an hero any day now

get on my level loser.

>tfw you want to increase carbon emissions to the max so we can end the debate about the climate change meme once and for all

this is the exact opposite of what should be expected
if this is all we have, of course we should take care of it
for ourselves, and even more importantly posterity as living is perhaps the coolest thing to happen and that alone is reason enough to want to perpetuate it
godfags have absolutely no reason to care about what happens here as it's ultimately but a tiny irrelevant blip in their eternal lives
doesn't matter what kind of world their children grow up in because they'll all just be reunited later or something

it's like, why do godfags cry at funerals?

you're retarded

>literally inverted logic

Existence was a mistake

>it's like, why do godfags cry at funerals?
I'm pretty sure we all know deep down that once someone dies, they're gone for good. ;_;

If you have one-shot at life you may as well live it to the fullest you brainlet

that's an awfully simplistic view point. Things learnt over time don't just disappear once the teacher dies

how is being an atheist related to that ?

Hard to do on a dying planet where profiteering at all costs reigns supreme.

it's pretty easy actually, just don't be such a goddamn baby about everything

>he non-ironically blames everything on some corporate boogieman
As long as you have an IQ north of 105 and live in a decent country, you're probably going to be more than ok.

>dying planet
Every time someone calls the earth a dying planet the only evidence they can scrounge up is quotes from other people and no real examples.

No life built at the expense of others is worth living or could even remotely be considered fulfilling.
It's so bizarre to me how some people are completely lacking in basic morality and compassion.

why are you denying evolution and natural selection?

You're mixing up atheism and apathy/nihilism

Considering how far down hill things have gone in the past 50 years, I'm ok with the extinction of the human race.

>being upset at how human society works, or hell any society in any sort of organism works
>being upset that competition improves the quality of life in general
>being upset that europe and japan were shitholes until they started using market-based economies

Once you have self awareness, whatever you've misinterpreted to be `natural' goes out the window.
You are not a passive observer simply at the mercy of your genes - We can decide things for ourselves now.
This doesn't deny those, it is an integral part of them - You just like so many seem to have a pedestrian understanding of them.

Personally, I hope androids or some superior synthetic human takes over

>Once you have self awareness
Its now readily apparent that you are a delusional retard with a very tenuous grip on reality

>hurr during ur stupid
very persuasive you college faggot

What kind of pseudo-intellectual refuge should I read to get this WOKE?

Your average r/atheism post

There is no debate.
The only people who do not believe climate change is happening are american politicians and american white trash.

>tfw you want a warmer climate because you live in north dakota

At least try to hide your reddit spacing you retarded faggot

>disagree with someone
>slander them as coming from reddit

Most people believe in climate change but not everyone agrees its going to be catastrophic or even noticeable. Some people actually believe it will be better for the earth.

Climate change is real. It's just a natural cycle and humans have basically nothing to do with it. Vostok ice samples prove it. So no, I won't believe in lies told by misinformed scientists decades ago. Carbon emissions are bad because they pollute the air causing breathing problems when it gets to China levels. Ocean dumping is bad because it fucks up some very tasty ecosystems. The world won't catch fire though.

Im making it better for the future. I dont want them feel this cold.

>disagree with someone
>call them stupid/racist and claim the debate is settled

>confusing anthropological climate change meme with ecological climate change

>not including a zinger image
I think you just lost.

and why should OP care?
he won't be around, he will simply cease to exist assuming there is not afterlife, there will be no repurcussions for his actions either.
So why waste precious time trying to clean up something that ultimately does not affect you?

Life is pointless without God's love user.

>you didn't abandon God
>God abandoned you
how do i know?
your second green-text failed to be green.

>So why waste precious time trying to clean up something that ultimately does not affect you?
because when i reincarnate as a loli i want to live a good life

because then he can't project how good of a person he is

Climate change is a natural cycle occurring over millenia. Landscapes vastly change, previously arable land is ruined, and ecosystems are destroyed. Our current civilization is dumping tonnes of carbon into the atmosphere on a scale not seen before. This creates a runaway greenhouse effect which traps energy inside our atmosphere unable to escape into the vaccum of space, in a self-feeding cycle. You could also google the greenhouse effect to learn more.

>Our current civilization
China and India account for around 80% of carbon emissions

implication being that the causal effect would be perpetual warming, which isn't the case

And both have signed onto the paris accord to help limit their carbon emissions

>if this is all we have, of course we should take care of it
poor logic, you just assume that because there is still religious taint left in you.
everything in life has no intrinsic value, only has value for the individual if it benefits the individual, most things don't.
You won't exist after you are dead either.
You are the prduct of biomechanical prcesses and the sum of your behaviour, you yourself have no intrinsic worth.
What's more, since you are the product of biomechanic forces, you have no free will so even the idea of seeking purpose by action is meaningless since action itself is an accident which itself has no inherent value.
Everything will die inevitably, so it makes no difference if you do or do not postone the inevitable fact that all things disintigrate as enthropy rises.

Welcome to the product of a Godless existence: nihilism.
Fuck you, Fuck me, we are all dust and ass such should only seek to benefit ourselves. Fuck everybody else unless they help us to achieve our goal.

Please elaborate

there's a reason it was changed from global warming to climate change

>implying they will do anything
China historically have signed regulations and have completely ignored them every time. They only do it for good press.

do the world a favor and kys

get out of my 4chin gramps

>godfags have absolutely no reason to care about what happens here
yes we do.
from the christfag perspective:
>Life is an experience and a blessing bestowed to us by God as well as life
>He wants us to be happy, happiness is increased when regulations are set on what is and is not okay to do
>Therefore God desires for us to life happy lives though following his law with the purpose to bring glory to God (which is done by acting like decent human beings) and wants us to enjoy this existence, thus why fruit is sweet and why the sunset is so colourful (inb4 - science is the reason. i know that but im talking about why it is there, not how it is there. don't be retarded)

Nihilism cannot exist so long as God exists, that is why neitzche claimed that "God is dead".

We will see. They've reaffirmed their commitments to it, even after trump dropped out of it. If they were planning on doing the same now would be an opportune time to do so. There's many other reasons to think they'll go through with it like clout with the EU and other major powers, the fact that they are investing heavily in renewable resources, and that they have some of the most polluted cities in the world which seriously impacts the health of those who live in them

What about those of US who don't want to waste their genes and want their kids to thrive ?

Nihilism was deconstructed and is now left as the playground of edgy manchildren who didn't care to keep reading.
You can't take deconstruction on head on, you have to slink down and in and slip through it, and we're starting to.
Whatever happens, the future is bright - Shit's cooler than it's ever been and I don't think this will ever stop being true.
True selfishness is understanding that your neighbor's wellbeing is you own. What you profess actually stands in direct opposition to what you claim it supports - You're not being selfish, you're just being irrational and retarded.

nice quads fag
>Once you have self-awareness
that cannot exist from a materialistic stance, self-awareness is an illusion user, as is free-will and purpose.
>You are not a passive observer simply at the mercy of your genes
yes you are, please see the field of genetic determinism
>This doesn't deny those, it is an integral part of them
lol no. learn some philosophy faggot, your logic doesn't follow and is flawed at best.

>implying people outside the US wont be living in shitholes soon

implying China gives two shits about their citizenry

>implying people won't have fled the shithole that is the us to mexico and canada by then

Deconstruction as a concept isn't something that needs to be attacked and proven illegitimate. The only bad thing about deconstruction is it's praxis.

nice pseudo-argument r/pleb
>Nihilism was deconstructed and is now left as the playground of edgy manchildren who didn't care to keep reading.
please show me this "deconstruction"

>You can't take deconstruction on head on, you have to slink down and in and slip through it, and we're starting to.
nice evasion but prove this "deconstruction otherwise your "argument" is null

>Whatever happens, the future is bright
keep telling yourself that to feel better, that logic is based on an attempt to feel good about life while ignoring how shit it actually is. You look at neet tech and tell yourself: "wow this has no negative repercussions and looks cool, life is great" so that you don't become depressed or sociopathic.
>True selfishness is understanding that your neighbor's well-being is you own.
why should i care? Morality is relative so selfishness has no bearing on being either a virtue nor the antithesis of one. Logically my neighbor is merely a stepping-stone, especially from an EB view on morality. Face it: nothing matters except surviving, so human beings are obstacles and tools to help increase your chances while reducing the competition.

>What you profess actually stands in direct opposition to what you claim it supports
prove it. claiming something doesn't make it true.

You say that because you have no children.

nice falseflag

It's not illegitimate at all, that's not what I meant - It just doesn't mean (as some have thought) that there's nowhere else to go.

that rebuttal was so weak i barely noticed it existed until now.

I wish people like would practice what they preach and remove themselves.

>It just doesn't mean (as some have thought) that there's nowhere else to go.
\nice attempt to sneak a concept of the after-life into the argument. From any materialistic stance there cannot exist anything beyond what we can see or measure empirically. Therefore there cannot exist anything beyond life. Therefore the "afterlife" is a null of existence and as such nothing beyond life matters, nor does life matter as there is nothing to put it into context it simply IS.
We are born for no reason, and die for no reason, reason itself is a lie we created to feel good about ourselves, as is morality.
Please suck a dick if you think otherwise, fag.

this guy in charge of reading comprehension
what are you even
nothing in that post is talking about afterlife or whatever you're on about you dolt

I am practicing what im preeching.
Currenlty i have scammed tthe bank for 3000 and have been keeping my landlord addicted to a drug that i disribute for free so that my house is free, dont distribute to anyone else.
Blackmailed landlord by promising him that i will kill his family if he tells anyone, have an impromptu bomb in the basement if he ever does.

>It just doesn't mean (as some have thought) that there's nowhere else to go.
>doesn't mean there's nowhere else to go.
please, tell me what else this could imply/mean?

What a pathetic fuck you are. I'd go as far as to say that you're ignorance and pathological malcontent has led you to a completely uneducated and moronic conclusion.

Through philosophical relativism, just by the nature of my arbitrary assignment of value, things have value.

If my individual consciousness decides that posterity matters, then to me it matters. There is no objectivity when assigning value to things or ideas, it is entirely dependent on the individual.

explain gravity and magnetism

they're talking about deconstruction and philosophy
she's saying that philosophy doesn't end with deconstruction, there's still work to do and ideas to explore

i can't believe i'm still responding

I don't know which is worse anymore, nihilists or godfags.

>just by the nature of my arbitrary assignment of value, things have value.
for you yes, for everyone else no.
>then to me it matters.
but not to me or anyone else you dumb fuck.
>There is no objectivity when assigning value to things or ideas, it is entirely dependent on the individual.
never said there was.

my argument:
>nothing has intrinsic value
>value of "morals" are relative to the individual and thus do not have objective or universal value
>therefore i will do whatever the fuck i want

>for you yes, for everyone else no.
thank you for reiterating my point
>never said there was.
then
>nothing has intrinsic value

read a book duder

Magnetism is the prduct of relativity between electrons, it is an imaginary field made up by a retarded god-fag named maxwell, more like maxfag.

Gravity is the displacement of space-time due to the presence of mass. particles come into and out of existence all the time around matter, when they do they create a pulse in quantum fields which push other objects in that same quantum field. all matter shares a presence in this quantum field, the more matter there is the more pulses and the stronger the "push" on the quantum level, which then scales up to the physical level thus causing a displacement of physical objects, or in terms of relativity "a displacement of space-time" -fagstein

What a retarded argument. If nothing at all has any intrinsic value, then where do instincts come from?

No you don't get it, NOTHING EVER EVER has value.

especially this "argument"

wtf is your argument retard? you just supported my point in the same post that was trying to prove me wrong. this time you aggreed that my argument was logica when i reiterated what i lready said. wtf is the point of arguing with you if you have nothing to say?

your a waste of everyone's time retard. no one loves you, go kill yourself.

then why haven't you killed yourself yet faggot?

> If nothing at all has any intrinsic value, then where do instincts come from?
instincts have in intrinsic value, i (like everyone else) amre the product of biomechanical forces and accidents (like your and my existence, but especially yours right now). there is no intrinsic value to anything and those who deny are either god-fags or retards who don't want to commit to the logical conclusion of atheism.

youtube.com/watch?v=hy_J1YMzfNM

>this the sort of person i spend the majority of my time with online

>be atheist
>still have empathy
What now?

>she
how do you know it is a "she" retard?
>"she" never defined what "deconstruction" is either, retard.
"she" just used it as a way to refute an argument without ever having to actually refute it.

My point is that the *individual* assigns meaning. Each and every individual consciousness as a singular entity assigns its own personal meanings, sometimes they are the same, sometimes they are vastly different.

You can't simply state that "nothing has meaning" when clearly, lots of different things have meanings to lots of different people. You're flatly denying something that is inherent to consciousness. It's illogical really.

>What now?
kill yourself and cleanse the gene pool. Empathy is useless for survival.
be useful and practice eugenics on

I remember my freshman year of college too

he's just taking the path of least resistance like a good goy

It sure is Summer.

>Empathy is useless for survival.
We're reaching levels of retard that shouldn't be possible.
I haven't been shocked like this by something posted online in quite a long time, I wasn't sure it was still possible.
If you're not trolling, may RMS have mercy on us all.

To go further, what is meaning? Do you mean teleologically, or perhaps metphysically? If so, then you there is a whole school of debate concerning purpose and metaphysics that you can't dismiss with sweeping statements like
>nothing matters

Philosophers for centuries have debated and will continue to debate purpose and meaning, and for that reason alone I would have to say that philosophical relativism is exceptionally pertinent in this discussion.

>meaning
you mean play-pretend?
>consciousness
consciousness does not exist retard.
>i assign my onw meaning
you mean you make up imaginary values so that you can feel good about yourself. Assigning values does not mean those values are real, just like assigning genders, it is a made up fantasy that only you hold to be valuable.
>You can't simply state that "nothing has meaning" when clearly, lots of different things have meanings to lots of different people.
but nothing has any actual meaning. only meaning people made up to feel good, just like people made up God to feel good about living.
>You're flatly denying something that is inherent to consciousness.
again, consciousness is made up and cannot be empirically proven, therefore it does not exist(see materialism).

It's almost as of you're oblivious to the fact that your having this conversation through a shared language, which is in itself INCREDIBLY VALUABLE. Fucking retard

nice attempt to excuse my argument basement dweller.
>teleologically
the beleif that all things are controlled and ordaned by god.
>Metaphysics
the school of philosophical though having to deal with the nature of reality.

firstly i know you have no clue what you are talking about since teliology is itself metaphysical.
second, you argument added nothing ot this discussion, it simply assumed shit about what philosophers are doing and attempted to make user feel justified in believing in faeries.