Admit it, Linux is fucking shit and designed for no-lives

I've been using Linux for just over a day now, and I can honestly say that this fucking piece of shit was designed for people who sit in their parent's basement.

I installed the Linux, and when I try to google how to install node.js for web development because I am a developer full stack always looking for business.

However, it says to use the apt get to get the nodejs, but when I use the apt get it says command not found. I googled and it turns out that's only for the ubuntu, but I thought they were the same.

I consider myself a pretty active cyber-aficionado, but the fact that even I could not figure out the linux really shows how it was designed for people who don't spend their time doing anything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nodejs/node/blob/master/BUILDING.md
nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager/#debian-and-ubuntu-based-linux-distributions
deb.nodesource.com/setup_6.x
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wat id de ap ged i cand dype comand becod me findr hid too many key dis id ablidst

Is that supposed to be english?

>I consider myself a pretty active cyber-aficionado

Is there anything wrong with that? I do consider myself that.

What is with all this low tier anti-Linux b8? Put some effort into it.

>I consider myself a pretty active cyber-aficionado,

I'm not familiar with 4 chan's lingo, I'm sorry. What does "b8" mean?

Sorry I incorrectly 4channed. I did incorrect "quote", haha apologize english is not primary language.

u r ableistfd im dibsabledd

VPN, torrents, and media server all work just fine for me

github.com/nodejs/node/blob/master/BUILDING.md
linux IS shit tho

>github.com/nodejs/node/blob/master/BUILDING.md

bash: sudo: command not found

help??????

eh, i dont have it too
i just translate it to
su
the rest of the command(s)

It doesn't work and it booted back into windwos i do not know what to do

>I am a developer full stack

cant google a simple problem

Are you retarded? It is this easy.

>developer
>can't understand basic, fundamental computing concepts
Kys pajeet

That is windows you Idiot!

Baka,xy has windows avaible.
So It simply works.
Windows will detect the bloatware called GNU/linux and implent the needed parts.

Well if you put as much effort into learning Linux as you have into this post then no wonder you can't even manage to use apt-get.

this, there's been like 8 anti-linux threads in less than 24 hours and they all get tons of replies.

try a little harder the next time, it's way to obvious

too*

>I've been using Linux for just over a day now,
kek

tl;dr but it's pretty much only good for native development and servers.
I hope this changes, though.

>I've been using Linux for just over a day now
>pretty active cyber-aficionado
I didn't know you were such an expert.
Clearly it is the computers fault you couldn't do something simple as install an application.

>It says apt get: command not found

This is where you fucked up in the bait. It would actually output Invalid operation: get

yes i do feel do doo feel the same XD

Linux will always be more devloper friendly, and there's literally a replacement for every windows app there is. The only thing you can't do is game. Get an xbox and a life.

GNU/Linux is more pleasant to use in almost every single way if you're an actual computer enthusiast.

If you're a developer, recreational or otherwise it's amazing. The operating system is both open source and transparent.

If you want to learn you can literally look at the source code of any package you like, learn it's internals and become a better developer.

This also gives you the flexibility to tinker and collaborate with other developers in adding even more the open source community.

GNU/Linux and foss is like actually driving the car. While Windows is like being a passanger.

For instance try opening up wireshark on a fresh install of ubuntu and look at the traffic.... none. Nada. Zilch. Except maybe a some NTP syncs.

YOU didn't tell your OS to access the internet, and so it doesn't.

Now try the same thing with a fresh install of windows 10.

Within seconds they'll be over 200+ outbound connections established. Now try blocking them all. Seriously try it. It's almost impossible.

Even with 3rd party tools it's nearly impossible to block windows 10 from sending data to Microsoft. It even uses malware like techniques to stop you from blocking it. YOU have no control over windows 10. You're the passenger. It tells you what to do.

And can you tinker with Windows 10? View the source? Contribute to it's development? Even find out what data it's sending to microsoft? Nope.

What if you're on a mobile plan with limited data (like I am) and want to turn off windows update so it doesn't cost you $300+ in data fees. Nope. Can't even turn off the updates.

Nonfree software is trash. It's shills are trash and you op, you are trash.

Have a nice day.

You're a filthy web dev who doesn't know how use a CLI package manager. Please just kill yourself.

>cyber-innuendo
Fixed for you.

I only use it for my HTPC

>the linux

try Solus

it's pretty damn close to the Windows experience. I was able to get it all setup up and running on my laptop without having to open the Terminal even once.

>However, it says to use the apt get to get the nodejs, but when I use the apt get it says command not found. I googled and it turns out that's only for the ubuntu, but I thought they were the same.

Came here to post this

I have no life and have a Windows install. What now?

>However, it says to use the apt get to get the nodejs

nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager/#debian-and-ubuntu-based-linux-distributions

It says curl, you fucking brainlet.
curl -sL deb.nodesource.com/setup_6.x | sudo -E bash -
It's a retarded shit practice and they should provide hashes.

>looking for business
You should consider going back to that basement.

sounds like op likes the taste of disks in his mouth

I don't use it any differently than you would use Windows. Except that I can change anything I want.

>I'm developer

>I use the apt get it says command not found. I googled and it turns out that's only for the ubuntu

Can't make that shit up. Just stay away from computers and get a job fitting to your talents, like for instance toilet cleaner

Let me just interj...

Nah, you know what? Fuck you op, go back to windows.

Web developers aka "I would really love to code but I'm too retarded for it".

You can buy a Mac if you wanna pretend you use Unix systems, like you're pretending to code with your job.

>linux is designed for no-lifes
the same was said about vidya 10 years ago and now its the most normie thing ever. Jesus, i hate the present

***ATTENTION NETIZENS***

OP is not only a faggot, he is also a blatant troll.

SAGE, REPORT, and HIDE this thread!

The Sup Forums userbase thanks you.

Brainlet get