lacks directmusic though, so no gaymes

>>tiny size (

directx
DirectX

>12GB is considered tiny nowadays

Even fucking ubuntu disagrees with that

it has directx but any game that requires directmusic won't run

>boots from an external device
like every other OS since at least 15 years ?

>tiny size (simple
>clean
?

Shill thread if you ask me

Who the fuck boots external windows?

No I haven't. :^)
What have you in mind exactly for features?
This thing is literally made to be stable and secure. It's meant for non-consumer applications.
Windows has a funny anti-feature that only allows Enterprise to be booted from a removable media. I used Rufus to work around that restriction.

>Who the fuck boots external windows?
You dont know what PXE is do you?

>tiny
>12GiB

>What have you in mind exactly for features?
Games. I rarely play anything now but if I ever get the itch I want to be able to play.

>
>No I haven't. :^)

this is Sup Forums, most people here don't even know what dhcp is, i doubt there are any people here who have even heard of pxe

>size
The actual -install- size is around 9 or 10 GiB I think.
>simple and clean
No pre-packaged bullshit except an app store and some other things I could do without.
I can't speak for that ATM. I imagine you can play games just fine, but that's just me talking out of my ass until I find out myself.

Am I the only one who can't run VirtualBox on it? It fails everytime I try to start a VM. It works fine on 8.1 Pro.

just pirate VMware
vbox is such a bother it's beyond words

Games work fine. I play GTA V every day.

I mean the game I'm most likely to play is Java so I'm sure it'd be fine. I guess I could always fire up a VM and find out.

>The actual -install- size is around 9 or 10 GiB I think.
So its the same as Win 10 Enterprise with a swap file. Wow it is fucking nothing.

I know and it is sad.

Hmm. Might try it out later, thx.

>whiteman'sOS.png
Poo in loo, pajeet
The white man uses OS X or Linux

Here's the things in the start menu. I added FF and drivers so I can connect to WIFI; the rest came with the OS.

The size might mean nothing to you, but it's a big step up from the crap I endured in Windows 10 Home. Plus I got this for free and through legit means - I'm not complaining RN.

>The actual -install- size is around 9 or 10 GiB I think.
that's still fricking huge
>No pre-packaged bullshit except an app store and some other things I could do without.
and where the fuck are those 9 GiB coming from ? most other systems manage to stay below 250 mb including GUI

Nice. The next time I reinstall winblows I'll try it out.

But does it play any games?

How retarded are you? You do realize that the entire purpose of the Embedded versions is that you can remove all that bloat? I havent fucked with it since the XP days on Wyse thin clients but pic related. The entire OS is broken down in to thousands of packages. You can shrink that down a few hundred MB most likely.

>12 GiB
>tiny
is this a new meme?

You know Pajeetsoft. Their code is so bad that I'm sure they include files and folders which the OS doesn't need.

8.1 with Classic Shell is the best Windows

>the rest came with the OS.
>No pre-packaged bullshit
calculator, paint, math input panel, wordpad, widnows media player, one drive, ... seriously ?

I also need to say that I have an Radeon R9 280 btw. Dunno if it works for Nvidia.

see

Keep rocking that XP, gamps. Right, I could possibly cut some things out. I still stand by my argument that the size is very good for a modern version of Windows.
see

>This thing is literally made to be stable and secure. It's meant for non-consumer applications.
So why don't the use the same magically secure codebase in regular Windows? It runs off the same kernel and runs a majority of the same services. Don't be naive and think this is somehow immune.

is there any way to get that piece of shit below 2 gb disk space and 256mb ram ?

Calc, paint, and calc are still useful, f@m.

one could argue about the calculator, but paint ?

>Classic Shell
Enjoy being part of the botnet

>Simple
no
>Clean
no
>12GB
not tiny

bait/10

Niggers I ran an OS off a 1 GiB flash drive with all my programs and files when I was poor and had no hard drive. I even had Quake Live on there and a 256 MiB swap file.

What is the point of the asymmetric logo?
Ugly as fuck.

While certain things might have changed now, it will not go long until you find a software which will not work out of the box on a light version of windows.

Then you will spends hours enabling services and adding features back into the system.

>tiny size (

Tell me more.

That's my go-to program for crafting dank memes. I will add Infranview later on.
Nice meme.

why ? it already comes with powershell which can be used as a calculator if needed, and why would anyone need paint ?

Please tell me you are not using the ISO size of Windows 7 as proof that the Windows I am using is bloated as hell. A Windows 7 system must be in the ball park of 35+ GiB freshly installed.

See pic related and GTFO.

>Please tell me you are not using the ISO size of Windows 7 as proof that the Windows I am using is bloated as hell. A Windows 7 system must be in the ball park of 35+ GiB freshly installed.
Are you retarded? This is 7SP1 Ultimate x64 fully updated and LTSB2016 fully updated too.

Not that user, but I literally showed you that Win 10 Enterprise is less than 10GB installed you retard.

in the risk of sounding like a retard

how did you make windows boot from external hdd user?

>whiteman'sOS.png
sucks to dissapoint you but every post-WindowsXP product from Microsoft was made in Designated IT Outsourcing Country

Is this pretty much W10 LTSB, but for 8.1?
Basically the most minimalistic, de-bloated edition?

anyone who says "botnet" and doesn't back it up with proof is a retard, user

>winblows 8
shite. actually everything about that screenshot is shite.

>This thing is literally made to be stable and secure. It's meant for non-consumer applications.
that means not connected to the internet

Even in terms of install size my system is -smaller- than your own.
I have no idea what you are talking about since we were just talking about ISO back there. Point me to your post.
No trouble. I used Rufus. Make sure to read the documentation and look up a YT video if you need clarification.
Yeah yeah Mr. Pajeet code monkey and all that jazz.
I can't speak for LTSB, because I never used it. My opinion is that, right, Embedded is supposed to be stripped down. From a consumer's viewpoint it checks as being actually usable in spite of it (that opinion might change after more experience).

Fair enough.
Which edition of 8.1 Embedded is the most lightweight one?
There's Standard, Pro, & Industry from what I see.
I only really web browse, media, and occasional 3D modeling.
Don't care for games.

>Even in terms of install size my system is -smaller- than your own.
There's ThinPC (official 7 build) that's like 2.3 GB installed. But since I'm not concerned about space I use Ultimate.

It's 8.1* and I did not have to go to Digital River or use a loader to get it authenticated for free.

neowin.net/news/interview-we-chat-with-the-creator-of-classic-shell

>8.1
Same shit

>Digital River or use a loader to get it authenticated for free
Neither did I for my 7 Ultimate..

True dat.

windows vista was like 1GB installed after using tool like vLite

>12GB
>Tiny

wwwwwww

>activating Windows with a loader

Enjoy being part of the botnet

>Boots from an external device

Hmm. Not bad. But 12GB is not tiny at all.

Maybe this is good for that time in which you need Windows for some very specific thing and you have some faggot family member, friend of coworker asking for help.

Again, I am too ignorant to answer your question. On a different note: if you are a student you might be able to get Pro for free.

I heard about Tiny7 but passed it over for what I got now. I am similarly not strapped for space, but saying what I did was still worth noting. It's hard to go wrong with Ultimate.

8.1 Is the best windows version, that much I will admit.

Much more stable than 10 and still less dated and more feature filled than 7.

>12GB
>tiny

GNU/Linux distros can go down to 400MB.
macOS is about 8GB.

This.

>more feature filled than 7
Like this? Or NFS? Enjoy your store botnet, unique ID and location service "features".

>OP thinking he's the shit
meanwhile i have a USB 3.1 type A and C 128GB flash storage drive that has Windows 10 Pro on it. And I can still use it as a regular USB drive to transfer files between other computers.

>I have no idea what you are talking about since we were just talking about ISO back there. Point me to your post.
see

Oh, it's my favourite kind of thread!

windows 8.1 is literally windows 7 but faster, more stable and less bloated. also, metro > aero

Western Digital My Passport with 2 TiB of storage. It's okay for my needs.

It's smaller and I am curious as to why. What do you do with it?

>It's smaller and I am curious as to why.
Because I manually removed a bunch of packages. You see all those features in your pic? The installation files are still on your hard drive. My NAS VMs are currently down because im expanding their virtual disk, but you can remove the bloat with dism.exe and some powershell command i cant recall off the top of my head. Also windows updates will leave the previous versions of the files on your disk so the updates can be uninstalled, there is a command to remove them too.

>What do you do with it?
Its a VM image for when I want to play pirated games. I just spin up a new VM and install the game on it. If it is loaded with malware, who gives a fuck because it is isolated in a VM.

>My NAS VMs are currently down because im expanding their virtual disk
I meant to include after this
>so i cant look at my notes

Only 10 has a unique ID.

8.1 has a ID too, but it's for ads. 10 has a unique ID for the whole computer, not just ads.

Btw, how is it in Russia?

ISO pls

>Only 10 has a unique ID.
8.1 has that feature too. The advertising ID is the same and unique per installation/machine.
Really nice, last time I've been there. I plan to go soon again.

I don't

I thought you live in Russia because your OS is in Russian?

The ID in 10 is more significant than in 8.1 tho.

>I thought you live in Russia because your OS is in Russian?
OS is English. I live in Ukraine.

How did you activate you Windows 7?

I have Ultimate key since I was a beta tester.

>having legit keys of Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and snowflake versions like industry pro embedded standard special bullshit edition
>when I no longer need Windows

God fucking dammit

Thx 4 beta-test.

You're welcome (:

But does it lack the botnet?

It all started with Winblows 8, so the answer is No.

it has the same amount of the botnet as windows 7

Pretty cool.

>store
>cloud sync
>microsoft account
>unique ID
>online location service
>encrption key "backup"
Yeah, last time I checked 7 didn't have either of these.

Ikr

So what's the better way to activate Windows 7? Is Daz downloaded from their site legit?
I'd just buy a key if I could remember that site with the finnish-sounding name (I think) being passed around here sometimes.

That is largely only aimed for Embedded Standard which are modular. Other Embedded Versions are not meant to be heavily stripped down allegedly as to maintain 'application compatibility'.

Also, the newer Embedded Standard versions uses ICE instead of Target Designer which is much less modular, so as to allow updates to be installed automatically. XPe and WES09 cannot update by itself due to the high modularity.

Windows 8.1 Embedded Pro is identical to Windows 8.1 Pro/Enterprise, with a different EULA.

There is no Windows 8.1 Embedded Standard, only Windows 8 Embedded Standard.

Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry have 2 versions,namely Industry Pro and Industry Enterprise. Industry Pro is 8.1 Pro with additional Embedded tools like UWF and keyboard filter. Industry Enterprise is 8.1 Enterprise with the same Embedded tools. Similar to 8.1 Enterprise, Embedded Industry 8.1 Enterprise only activates with MAK or through a KMS server, ie. volume license only.
Windows Embedded Industry 8.1 Pro can be activated with regular OEM/Dreamspark keys just like 8.1 Pro.

Thin PC only comes in 32 bit Vladimir.

Only the default apps like calendar, sports etc which can be obtained from the Windows Store. Otherwise it is 8.1 Pro with additional embedded features.

It can be somewhat immune if you run a properly configured UWF, which wipes all/certain changes after a reboot. The network is still vulnerable though.

>using a Microsoft Account

Installing WES7 would also be a good option, download the iso from Microsoft and activate with a key, no tools required since they use the Volume_BA(bypass activation) channel.