twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumping for comfy thread

This should totally be a thing here

kek

YES

>Apple II
>Graphics
Ugh, shouldn't it be an Amiga?

Theme for Sup Forums is nice. I may have to find that.

Ciao /ita/,
spero tu sia marchigiano

The theme has been posted several times before on /retro/, you will probably find it after browsing the archive for a while

Topkek!

kek you retoasted mine 1 second before I did

CUTE.
Is the PC-98 cold?

Sorry, dude. Your pic is nicer tho. More angles.

replace the meme BeOS screenshot with a Workbench/MagicWB one and then we would have 3 top tier oldtime (consumer) UIs

It's k

These thingies I picked up not too long ago. Made a video about them.

Yes we saw ITTFami

Oh yeah!

Those are cool

I-I just-
Sorry.
Here, have a 5160 running GEM/3.

We won't shut up about the dongling 3 1/2" floppy drive until you fix it.
Otherwise nice.

I got that same box of dysan floppies

Fix that floppy drive, that machine deserves better then that.

Gib money to buy the adapter then. Also gib a twisted pair MAU, there's an Ethernet card inside that thing now and I can't use it bacause I don't have a 10base2 hub.

I wish I could send you my 5.25 to 3.5 bay adapter

... but it costs like $80 to send it from burgerland to you

Anyway, a new bay adapter off of spainebay is like only 20 eubucks

The computer along with the monitor cost me €10. I ain't spending twice that on an adapter. Also, the only thing that's missing is the bezel, it does have a 5 1/4" to 3 1/2" adapter installed.
Don't have any more retro hardware pics right now, so here's a picture I took with a Polaroid 635

corrugated plastic sheet and an x-acto knife

make your own!

>listening to vaporwave on Windows 98
maximum comfy

Try System 7 or AmigaOS

Such comfy....

normal case covers for CD/DVD slots from newer cases work fine too

With the amount of shit you seem to have I'm surprised you haven't come across one already, though most of them are still beige so they'd look shitty.

I've seen 720K drives that match PCs/XTs perfectly, though, down to an IBM-style blue button and properly textured plastic.

not enough blocky polygons. windows 98 is the way to go

is there a way to install plug ins and stuff to get netscape to work with some new sites? I can still use it to browse Sup Forums, but not post.

>not enough blocky polygons.
not sure if trolling or clueless

I don't usually come across spare parts.
>IBM-style blue button
Wasn't that design introduced with the PS/2 line?
Anyway, I've only been looking at adapters, I didn't even think to check for the drives themselves.

As of right now, my allowance this week is going to a set of belts for the Betamax VCR, which needs them ASAP.

I'm not good with plastics, I'm more used to modding metal cases. But I'll give it a try, I think I have a couple covers from some junked P4 PCs.

it's the second. lemme see those aestethics

CDE is so hot.

>Wasn't that design introduced with the PS/2 line?
Yes and no, there where some less known IBM machines with similar floppy drives and no PC/XT/AT had an official 3.5" drive before the PS/2 itself came out.

Which country are you in?
I got an adapter for mine on the cheap.

>Wasn't that design introduced with the PS/2 line?
Yeah, which is why I found it nice since it looked even more like an official upgrade.

Wish I could find pictures of it, fuck I wish I bought it, it was something I saw on Ebay forever ago.

I think the convertible is the only one that comes to mind for me that had that color scheme in the PC space at least.

The country where the Sun works full time on burning German tourists' skins and corrupt politicians rule, Spain.

(Also, I absolutely love your setup)

Take a pic of your setup with a temp email address on a sheet of paper, I can paypal you £30 for the parts.

vwestlife you fucking faggot

he isn't vwestlife, he's ittfami

I'm pretty sure that this isn't actually retro, it's just some guy's attempt at a DIY sound card.

Here's something heartwarming.

An autoshop in Poland used a homemade setup for balancing driveshafts for the last 25 years. It uses RC oscillators and piezoelectric sensors for picking up vibrations and a C64C that survived leaking roof and pigeons shitting on it.

youtu.be/fJAB0_D6WJQ

Pls be real

And the monitor is commie-made Neptun 156 CGA monitor.

sent ;^)

Bella la ps2 affianco

Welp, I guess it was all an elaborate ruse.
My PayPal address is on my youtube channel anyway.

Nice. I used to have a Quadra 950 with DayStar PowerPro, 80MHz PPC601 with 4x 72 pin RAM expansion slots. So my 950 had 20 RAM slots total and supported 384MB RAM

I had to sell that extremely rare card when I lost my job in order to support myself, along with pretty much my entire vintage computer collection

Many many many thanks mate.
Want me to mention you in a video? Make a specific video about something?

Nah jts okay, just post a pic once you tidy your PC up ;)

Not a computer but an awesome power supply. Got it for only $75. It has more amps and volts than new power supplies which cost $300, while having lower ripple. Its not very energy efficient though. Its neat though because it has a built in variac (variable transformer)

You got it.
Hell, I'll take the picture with my analog SLR even.

I can smell dad's tobacco from here.

I would to play with one of these

I feel bad because it got damaged in shipping to the guy I sold it too. Fucking 3 corners got dented in.

I have the strangest love for pre-OSX Macs. It's weird because at first I thought it was just linked into some vague fantasies about the San Francisco Bay Area circa 1999 planted in my mind by Flight Unlimited 2 (Thanks Looking Glass!) but now I'm not so sure that's really the cause.

There's just something very nice about them, even if emulation has been relatively tedious and prices are creeping up. Perhaps for the hardware itself in particular, it's the weird way they came and went. "Hey, we're not beige anymore, let's be colourful > Actually this is pretty Gaudy, we're white now > Nah silver is cooler.", although even the pre-jobs-return stuff like the trackball powerbook and the 520C are also pretty great.

Loved this machine. Dual 200MHz (or maybe 300MHz?) SPARC CPUs, I think 2GB RAM, a 15MB video card. I ran Debian on it, and it was surprisingly peppy. Surfed the web just fine

Absolutely wonderful. That mid-90s Sun aesthetic is the best.
Yesterday I got my E250 up and running with Debian, finally. Now it's compiling the latest 4.11 kernel for mad internet cred points. It's a dual 400MHz UltraSPARC II

It's your fault for not packing it properly.

I labeled it fragile and kinda just assumed they wouldnt fucking throw the thing around. I mean it was so heavy it would practically be easier not to throw it around. But yes, lesson learned.

At the time, i had no car. I had to sell pretty much everything I owned, car included. I had to literally walk to the post office carrying this stuff. Not to mention walk to get all the packing material in the first place.

Heres the box to that ultra-rare DayStar 80MHz PowerPro

>I labeled it fragile and kinda just assumed they wouldnt fucking throw the thing around.
aw that's cute

If I had to guess it's either ISA or S100 which is in fact retro.

If that's the damage it doesn't really look that bad, can always order some new plastics from a reseller.

I need to get some for mine, the entire front is fucked and needs a door and an XZ badge anyway.

> ISA tho

Yeah, no. Warehouse/shipping/receiving guy here. Never, EVER do this. If you want anything to survive shipping you need to pack it to survive a 5 foot drop. I wouldn't have used less than two layers of heavy bubblewrap and packed the rest of the box space with paper.

No such thing as too well packed.

Does anyone know if drivers still exist for gameport Sidewinder Force Feedback sticks?

No that pic was before the damage. Im not sure if I have any after pics. But it looked like it got dropped on 3 separate corners

Sucks shit, is it still just plastic damage at least?

>I wouldn't have used less than two layers of heavy bubblewrap and packed the rest of the box space with paper.
Pretty sure I did this, but since its so heavy it probably popped through the bubbles

> need to pack it to survive a 5 foot drop
It probably would have if it was dropped flat, spreading the load. But it was clearly dropped directly on the corners