When did you wake up to the realization that Linux will forever be irrelevant, insignificant and utterly useless?

When did you wake up to the realization that Linux will forever be irrelevant, insignificant and utterly useless?

>Linux
>Useless

Gentoo is used for computers that trade on the stock market

Windows is used by 13 year olds to play CS:GO and jerk off to hentai

werks 4 me

>not using *ubuntu to play CS:GO and jerk off to hentai

When I realized normies love the walled garden approach, ie Apple becoming hegemonic

Not really irrelevant, but glued inconsistent bloated madness where when few parts don't play well, everyone just starts pointing on each other and nothing gets fixed and all becomes full of workarounds with legacy syndrome.

I'm kinda glad.
If tomorrow, every laptop came with ubuntu linux, every forum would be filled with literal retards complaining about the OS and why it's not like windows and malware devs would start targeting linux and so would proprietary software devs and it would be like another eternal september.

normies already complain about windows being too complicated.

when windows 10 will let me keep that video where I'm fucking your daughter

I play cs:go on debian, I miss my fav 1.6 server, it retired last year

>Linux will forever be irrelevant
in the eyes of the main, mainstream, sure,

>Linux will forever be insignificant
it puts the meat on some peoples plates, I doubt they find it insignificant

>Linux will forever be utterly useless
it isnt, I wrote the resume that got me my job on libreoffice, before I scrapped windows I had to use it to download drivers when I put a new wifi card in, I use it to shitpost, and view media

pidof thispost
sudo kill -9 60728947

when did op wakeup and learn that the linux kernel is in the majority of peoples pockets wrapped up in ART with java toolkits

is it really linux kernel if nobody can see it

For who?

People who are involved into video production, graphic design, etc... Of course will always be irrelevant and useless.

For Software Developers, SysAdmins and other IT professionals Linux will always be relevant and the best option for their work.

Linux Gaming is also taking off and could be an alternative to Windows soon.

Nice meme kiddo

>Linux Gaming is also taking off and could be an alternative to Windows soon.

been hearing this for most of my adult life

>Not using sudo kill -9 $(pidof thispost) or pkill -9 thispost

The shill threats have never been amusing. Fuck off back to Redmond and tell the higher-ups at Microsoft they're all cuts.

That depends on how well Vulcan takes off. Microsoft isn't going to allow that to happen. They know gaming is one of the few things I keeps normies on Windows.

this

also: killall thispost

help?

anoobis@botnet:~$ sudo kill -9 $(pidof firefox)
[sudo] password for anoobis:

Usage:
kill [options] [...]

Options:
[...] send signal to every listed
-, -s, --signal
specify the to be sent
-l, --list=[] list all signal names, or convert one to a name
-L, --table list all signal names in a nice table

-h, --help display this help and exit
-V, --version output version information and exit

For more details see kill(1).
anoobis@botnet:~$

post the result of
echo $(pidof firefox)

> tfw Linus and stallman will die within your lifetime

>not just using pkill

Microsoft hired summer interns? What does bashing GNU/Linux pay these days, $5/hour?

I didn't even know about this bloat, I've been always using the old good kill.

God i wish that was me

lol im dumb, just realized im using firefox-esr

Hm. Probably that I've ended up in an alternative reality and need to check which of the laws of physics might be different.

Just to be sure, I come from a planet where Linux dominates almost everything apart from desktops, a smaller niche of personal computing. You?

When I finally installed Windows 10 yesterday

Everything just works falwlessly desu senpai

>been hearing this for most of my adult life

Six months isn't very long, though.

Meanwhile, there are more Android devices browsing web than Windows PCs. Desktop Linux is trash though, horribly fragmented software written for horribly outdated code bases. There should be a central distro with everything written from scratch and immediately ready for daily use, and other distros branching from it but remaining compatible with it.

>irrelevant
It's not irrelevant to the people that use it

>insignificant
Linux is quite significant in many servers, supercomputers, and for other developmental purposes. The only market it isn't "significant in" is consumer desktops, and even that is debatable.

>useless
Linux is only as capable as the user

- - - - -
you've just been kekt n rekt™

>central distro with everything written from scratch
So, BSD?

Are they really based on each other though? I held an impression that OpenBSD kinds stands on its own.

>useless
>pretty much every server runs Linux
>Android is Linux
>useless

Well it works for me
>using Windows 10
It's laggy and windows keeps using the disk for something slowing my whole system down.
>using ubuntu
It just works and actually keeps my computer fast and usable.

yesterday was the rock bottom, today I got rid of every linux partition on my machine. Might try out another distro in the near future, but as for now I've had enough

lol. What happened?

realised there is no fuckin reason to struggle with every little tiny shit on the OS when there is an existing one which does them 100 times more efficient and faster. also dont really have the time right now to become a programmer just so I can config the OS just the way I would like it