Stallman was right

An RFID chip found on new Intel processors!

deise.de/newsticker/meldung/RFID-Tag-im-Intel-Core-X-Prozessor-3730254.html

Other urls found in this thread:

rainrfid.org/about-rain/what-is-rain/
deise.de/newsticker/meldung/RFID-Tag-im-Intel-Core-X-Prozessor-3730254.html
heise.de/newsticker/meldung/RFID-Tag-im-Intel-Core-X-Prozessor-3730254.html
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6dinzy/why_do_amds_psp_drivers_make_my_pc_publicly/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who cares? What matters is that 160w housefires and not going to be soldered.

>checking out at grocery store
>ask cashier behind counter where wall outlet is
>plug extension cord into outlet
>plug tower and monitor into extension cord
>boot up tower, navigate to checkout
>lift tower and swipe it over credit card machine
>shut down and pack everything up
>by now this whole ordeal has taken 5 minutes
>I just wanted to buy some ice cream

Who's dumb fucking idea was this?

Still waiting for someone to rip it off and see if the processor still works properly.

Wait a second. It's an RFID chip, not an RFID tag, right?
So it contains logic for reading RFID tags? I don't see any obvious antenna or area for the antenna that would be required for an RFID tag, unless it is running around the outside, and RFID tags don't need chips that size.

Could this perhaps be like even when the CPU is in an S0 state the RFID chip is powered so when someone with a correctly programmed RFID card scans it by a connected scanner it can cause the computer to turn on, or act hardware level authentication or something?

Although these things do not have enough power to become beacons, I can see a possibility where two computers, next to each other, could be used to spy or even issue commands to the other, including power on/off commands. This, combined with the ME technology, makes intrusion so easy.

reminder that there are people actually unironically considering buying this piece of shit

When wasn't Stallman right? He's extreme, and doesn't compromise, unlike the general consumerist populace that eat up anti-user, anti-privacy features as long as it provides a measurable amount of convenience.

Shit like this is why I laugh when I hear anyone say "AMD is just as bad!"

This is retarded. How the fuck is this tag going to be read from outside a computer, which is shielded to prevent rf leakage? You'd need intimate physical access to get the contents, and it's probably just some manufacturing data.

All processors have been backdoored since pentium. It's all black box, unverifiable, untrustworthy blob shit. Go build a cpu on an fpga using the x86 spec and write a compiler yourself if you don't want a backdoor.

> Tracking seniors with RFID: Middle Class Senior Care in Guangzhou
> Health Intel Asia (blog)-23 May 2016

not an engie, but what if the antenna is routed to ground (case)?

That's a good way to introduce a shitload of noise and severely attenuate an already weak signal.

>Who cares?
found the nsa

Theres clearly a running line seemingly coming out of the chip, circling the outer perimeter of the package, ending just before the aforementined chip.

> Jun 21, 2016—

> Global computer technology company Intel Corp. and Seattle-based RFID provider Impinj are teaming up to offer EPC ultrahigh-frequency (UHF) RFID-based platforms that systems integrators could build into inventory-management and real-time location solutions for the retail industry.

Does older chips have this "feature"?

>Some literally who website makes a claim.
OMG Intel is spying on my ultra leet hacker activity!!!11!1

Sounds like gen4 onwards

> Nov 25, 2013—

> Individuals using computers or tablets containing Intel's 4th Generation Core processor can make payments for goods online by simply tapping their Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled credit card against their device. That's because the Intel processor comes with a built-in NXP Semiconductors PN544PC NFC RFID reader chip, capturing the credit card's ID number and transmitting an encrypted version to a merchant, as well as to MasterCard's MasterPass e-wallet service, to complete a purchase.

well that settles it, I'm only using pentium 1 from now on.

rainrfid.org/about-rain/what-is-rain/

> Tagged items store and send information
> Thousands (of tags) can be identified simultaneously and do not have to be visible

> - RAIN RFID Readers

> Have antenna(s) for either short or long range communication
> Can be small and portable, or larger and installed, or embedded in other devices

Powered tags have a +100m range

>Go build a cpu
That is impossible for us plebeians, we can have the silicon but printing the circuitry inside the die is the impossible part.

There are also clearly breaks in that line.

The populace isn't anti-privacy. They just don't recognize, understand, or believe the privacy risks.

Worst I'd say is privacy agnostic.

That's why I said use an fpga. It's not hard really. Have fun with your 300MHz single core with

Hi NSA!

If you're gonna be anti-privacy than go fuck yourself. My dignity matters more to me than any mission you have to creep on others.

Go fuck yourself, Fed. Seriously - go commit suicide. The world would be a better place for it.

Even if the cpu won't work if you pop that chip off disabling it is as simple as breaking the very obvious antenna trace. 10/1 odd that there is a ground point somewhere along the antenna trace that you could scratch the enamel off and short the antenna too.

see

>FPGA
does these things support being reconfigured more than one time, or is it a one time thing like a burnt CD?

Lets say that the trace we're looking at isn't the antenna. That's a BGA chip. If you faggots are willing to pay me 100 bucks I'll reflow it with the ball for the antenna missing. Even hand reballing 10 minutes of work tops.

this

this

they support being reconfigured more than one time

DeRFID dis!

there's already a backdoor in both manufacturer chipsets, what the fuck does it matter that there's and rfid chip that can't be interacted with unless you're within proximity of the machine.

if there's LEOs within that proximity to your machine you're losing it anyway.

Go.

Kill.

Yourself.

Extreme deference to authority is not tolerable. Either you're a fed or a useful idiot.

this is true, the backdoor is present on both chipsets either way this is intels edge

Thank you my dude, guess this will keep me busy for a good while.

If I remove it, will it die?

Fucking newfags..
This feature is clearly so you can pay for online shopping stuff by using your phones nfc.

This is going to revolutionize online shopping.
Just imagine a world where you can buy stuff online without having to go tot he store and buy gift cards first!

Ryzen doesn't have this problem

i got nothing to hide

Platform security processor.

AMD are founding members of the "Trusted Computing Group" which is what all of this shit is.

This.

So you don't think (((THEY))) already won with all the third party ad tracking, access to isp's, PRISM bullshit (basically tapped the upstream routers)?

The horse has left the barn already. This is what you deserve for shill Microsoft bullshit and forsaking GNU in the early days when we were trying to warn you. If you don't have a freedom respecting distro installed and if you are constantly bitching out your friends and talking to them to do the same, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. This is a LOSE FOR YOU. You fucked up.

And to add to this, you fucking idiot autistic Microsoft normie fags,

JUST PUT YOUR PC IN A FARADAY CAGE.

>but my wifi
>wifi
NORMIE SCUM

>JUST PUT YOUR PC IN A FARADAY CAGE.
I'm not a pedophile or terrorist so I don't need military grade electromagnetic radiation protection.

Except your location so people don't punch you.

Why would this be a problem?
This is for security reasons. It will be used to detect where the CPU is located in and will be useful against pedos/terrorists and more.

>ice cream has melted

kek

It would be extremely painful

AMD has a binary blob running on a separate ARM chip, but it doesn't connect to the Internet to phone home even if power is off, unlike Intel ME.

I have nothing to hide. :^)
Come at me, feds.

hasn't been proven yet, last I heard it was listening on certain ports

>pedophile
>with dignity

Digital only paedophiles have dignity by definition.

How does it taste?

General Alexander's cock that is.

Since when was it in the NSA's charter to go after pedophiles?

this

From the very beginning - they are a perfect blackmail material. Of course if they aren't from Skull & Bones and overlooked by a bit different structures.

>if there's LEOs within that proximity to your machine you're losing it anyway.

True, but you're forgetting all the ultra powerful antennas that phone companies have scattered throughout the city. This will make hijacking any CPU very easy. The only protection will be creating a thick lead box around the case. That would be pretty cheap.

>I'm not a pedophile or terrorist
You can be made one very easily.

>An RFID chip found on new Intel processors!
>deise.de/newsticker/meldung/RFID-Tag-im-Intel-Core-X-Prozessor-3730254.html
????

I dunno wtf is going on with the website.

Any metal computer case is basically going to be a faraday cage for RFID.

Oh so if an NSA agent gets within three feet of my desktop then I have some real things to worry about

Thickness and material matters. The cell towers are very strong and they're planning to role 5G soon. It has been speculated that 5G will be so powerful especially for spying purposes, not for the official bullshit reason.

>deise.de/newsticker/meldung/RFID-Tag-im-Intel-Core-X-Prozessor-3730254.html
SHUT
IT
DOWN

found the intel cuck

Intel is doing their "DLC unlocks for your CPU" thing again. That's why the RFID chip is there - it's for authentication.

hope you like your overclock subscription service and unlockable instruction sets intelfags

down for me too, holy fucking shit, THEY TOOK IT DOWN!?

>all this tinfoilhat fucking bullshit
lmao

heise.de/newsticker/meldung/RFID-Tag-im-Intel-Core-X-Prozessor-3730254.html

this
truly Sup Forums is the most autistic board

Paying for others to film the abuse of children is a gentleman's sport.

everyone said the same thing about the NSA before the leaks

So much tinfoiling about a literal product feature.

So much paranoia over the inclusion of a new piece of hardware.

Kill yourself, NSA.

links?

>So much paranoia over the inclusion of a new piece of hardware.
You mean completely un necessary hardware that no one asked for.
Not even massive data centers need such a thing for RMA of dead chips because it happens once a month if that.
So an RFID to 'streamline' is more hassle as you have to write software for it/impent new hardware to read it. Instead of just entering the serial number off the chip.

The chip is also clearly wired to the PCB, and those resistors are not random placement.
The fucking thing is storing encryption keys.

for people who don't understand why they do it

CPU identifies itself online through a backdoor so that your online activity can be tied to the CPU which later can be identified by the RFID chip. That's it.

how?

this

Yes, I know , but here's the link:
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6dinzy/why_do_amds_psp_drivers_make_my_pc_publicly/

not that fellow, but perhaps they just use the RFID chip as a unique identifier?
the rest is done through the magic of the IME

That'd be my guess. It's not that hard to leak your identity unintentionally through TCP/IP timing so doing it intentionally would be trivial. There's a million ways to do it.

Elaborate on the timing thing?

maybe stop being lazy and google it?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

gtfo to /vg/

And?

Even the shampoo bottle I bought from the pharmacy had an RFID tag beneath the sticker

You're a big die.

Headlines written for the ignorant. Moving on.

I was thinking this the whole time. Reminds me when they put RFID in Chiappa revolvers. Everyone blew a gasket over a chip, that didn't effect function, but the stupid thing was just for inventory management.

>Field programmable gate array

yeah you can re-write it all the fuck you want, it's literally all it's meant to do.

shut it down

It's not an unfounded shit-flip. If it's just a glorified barcode then put rfid stickers on the item and remove it before shipping, or do something else like qr coding. Figure it the fuck out, this isn't a hard problem and leaving tags in a product is sloppy at best.