Should i sell my 1080 and buy this ?

should i sell my 1080 and buy this ?

Other urls found in this thread:

nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white
hardforum.com/threads/whats-the-point-of-sli-now-that-barely-any-new-games-support-it-properly.1899153/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>buying EVGA
>paying $30 for iCX (((((technology))))) that just doesnt have a backplate that makes your gpu a housefire

you should not have bought 1080 in first place.
sell it buy 2 x rx 580 the coinminer edition from sapphire.

what are you talking about? all 1080ti's have backplates

nahh

>getting 2 less powerful cards over 1 more powerful card
Have fun be able to use it in the 5 games that support it.

>multiple gpus in crossfire/sli

Not even once.

they are all sold out on newegg anyway

>buy a founders
>buy a g12
>buy a AIO
>profit

MSI Armor edition 1080ti has no backplate.

>710$ graphics card
>no backplate

yes it does it's just invisible

can any cpu cooler fit on a gpu?

slap on a hyper 212 or NHD15?

No. Check the compatible list:

nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white

>LE SLI MAYMAY
That has been a meme since 2011
SLI is fucking good these days
That is if you are putting together two high end cards, but putting together low end cards is still fucking broken and retarded

yes, good goy

do what i did op

No, it really doesn't work all that well still.

For SLI to work, that game needs:

a) SLI support, which needs to be coded in the game itself. Often companies partner with Nvidia, often barring getting AMD support, to get SLI working in their game. These games will also often get other Nvidia technologies buiilt in, like Ansel, PhysX, etc. Think of Batman: Arkham Asylum and the heavy Nvidia co-branding that happens here.

b) SLI profiles which sometimes don't exist until about a few weeks after AAA game launches.

If you _only_ play AAA game titles for maxing out settings and such, sure, go ahead. But if you like playing all manners of games, MMOs, etc. then you're going to be hard pressed to get value out of SLI as it's not some magical get 2x cards get 2x performance thing.

That would just be stupid if you're using GNU/Linux, the 1080ti has worse performance than the 1080.

Every game I play supports SLI
don't know about you bud but it works perfectly for me

>itt dumb inept faggots who can't figure out how to make sli/crossfire work for anything at all.

for fucksakes kill yourselves

Because you're a cuck that only plays highly advertised AAA games.

For games that don't have SLI support, the other GPU still eats power and is positioned in a way that restricts airflow to the one card that is crunching the numbers in the game.

hardforum.com/threads/whats-the-point-of-sli-now-that-barely-any-new-games-support-it-properly.1899153/

nah its not worth it unless your running 4K if your 1440p, 144hz below then its pointless for you especially if you have g-sync

Save your money and wait for Volta release next year OR wait for black friday sales and buy a 1080ti then.

I strongly reccomend waiting for next year because we already know volta release is going to be similar cards but with class categories knocked down a half tier.

So they are gonna have a similar performing 1080ti with 15% faster memory speeds as a 2080 with respective pricing. probably 550-600$ ish

The new Flagship with be a behemoth with like 5300 CUDA cores and potentially a 512-bit memory bus. Combine that with GDDR6 and AMD's HBM seems like a pathetic circlejerk.

This. If you play more than the latest cowadoootybattelfieldzombies2 games then a Stronger single GPU serves you better.

I love indie games like ARK and CONAN but they are horrible optimized so for best performance I need a gtx 1080 and a 7700K even for 1440p 60hz with all eye candy turned on.

Actually the only triple A game I play is Dark souls 3, and that supports SLI very well actually
I don't play any indie games, I do play games that aren't triple A though and those all support SLI as well