Speccy/cpu-z thread

just found this by a dumpster, new hard drive and its good to go

who /2500K/ here

Will be mounting better watercooling next weekend, then we'll see what this cpu is good for. Also gonna throw in the gtx1060 6gb.

I have the option of this 12gb ram kit in triplechannel which is running at its limits already, or a 16gb kit in dualchannel that can do 2133 10-10-10-24..
Will have to test what gives me the best performance..

Pretty nicely tuned there, 2133 8-9-8 is tight! Hoping the vega cards will give us good back for the buck oc potential, lord knows my gtx1060 did NOT..

My 780ti died and it was the happiest day when I RMA'd the card and got a 1080ti as replacement.

>winblows 10
No wonder the owner threw it away

>things that never happened.

hi

It's evga, their stepup program is apparently really good.

how is a 780ti still in warranty?

Thinkpad still going strong

>mfw my computer is too shit for music production

I regret building this.

what's the cpu

Why though

It's a waste of money

Did you have anything better to spend it on? Because I sure didn't

Not really. But, it's money that could've been saved.

How does 1080 handle 4k at 165Hz

>tfw didn't wait for DDR4 stuff to be released
That's really my only regret with this. If I ever want to upgrade I have to get a new CPU + mobo + RAM.

Werks for me

I haven't tried 4k, but it does 1440p just fine. I still submitted a step up request for a 1080ti black edition though

Built this back in 2011 and upgraded ram 4GB to 8GB and then last year got a 1050ti to replace my old HD 5750 1GB
Getting this build in a few days:
>Ryzen 5 1600
>Gigabyte GA-AB350M GAMING 3
>Sapphire RX 580 8 GB Nitro+ LE (burgers cant get it for less than 400 but I get it around that price in my 3rd world shithole for once)
>2x8GB 2666mhz
>Kingston SSD 120GB UV400
>WD 1TB Sata 3 6.0Gb/s Caviar Blue
>Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 Black Blue LED
>EVGA 650W GQ 80 Plus Gold (only decent PSU and a bit expensive, everything is cheaper on this site)

get 3000mhz ram on the qvl list. my friend is running 2933mhz on a gaming 3 no probs. maybe go for a seasonic bronze. once youre in the metals, gold>bronze isn't much difference.

I wanted to get 3200mhz but 2666 is the max they have for 8 GB, a few days ago they had that speed but they run out of stock quickly and I delayed my payment.
I checked some benchmarks and with my graphics card it shouldnt make that much of a difference anyways at least in games.
About the PSU, the other one that I could get for like $70 less (yes prices are shit here) is the XFX XT 600w 80Plus Bronze, but is rated as 2 or 3 tiers below the GQ and I'm afraid it won't be enough for my 580, since it's really power hungry.
What's your opinion?

I run a overclocked ivy 5 and a 390x off an antec 550w psu. I'm sure 600w will be good. check specs for max wattage on 12v rail. mine is 514w and has never shut down even with cpu and gpu power limit at 150%

I'm checking online and everyone say the XT has shit quality, but I have been using a generic PSU for 6 years and my i5 750 and 1050ti PC still turns on, I could get 240GB SSD instead of 128GB if I make the downgrade, but I don't know if its worth it cheaping out on the most important component.

send help

Got any overclock on that i5 750?

Had mine at 4ghz on a DFI Lanparty P55 mini itx board back in the day on a small water loop.

Later got a x3440, and made it to my file server/backup gamer.

Still is quite powerfull actually, enough for all the games I've tried.

Computer: MSI MS-7721
CPU: AMD A6-5400K (Piledriver/Trinity, TN1-A1 (Trinity))
3600 MHz (36.00x100.0) @ 1397 MHz (14.00x99.8)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 (MS-7721)
Chipset: AMD A55 (Hudson-D2)
Memory: 8192 MBytes @ 665 MHz, 9-9-9-24
- 4096 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Crucial Technology ST51264BA1339.M16F
- 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - Samsung M378B5173QH0-CK0
Graphics: ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7540D (TRINITY2 SCRAPPER DESKTOP) [Micro-Star International]
AMD Radeon HD 7540D, 512 MB DDR3 SDRAM
Drive: WDC WD5000AAKX-08U6AA0, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 3Gb/s
Drive: ATAPI iHAS120 D, DVD+R DL
Sound: ATI/AMD TRINITY - High Definition Audio Controller
Sound: AMD Hudson-2/3/4 - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Network: Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter
OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (x64) Build 9600

No overclock since I have stock cooler and a shitty thermal paste

I built this back in 2013, video card crapped out and I had to get a shitty replacement from a friend. Doesn't run anything new too well obviously but I'm not well-versed in any of this stuff.

Is my CPU still good to go? I know I definitely need a new graphics card, any suggestions?

The CPU is fine, but you could definitely upgrade that video card. If you want something more powerful but similar to what you already have, go for the GT 1030 or RX 550.

Is there any manufacturer I should keep an eye out for? I've heard Zotac is next to garbage.

Don't get those cards, they are very bad value for the money.
Get a 1050ti / 560 at the least, your CPU is pretty good and if overclocked you will see no bottleneck even on 1060 / 570 / 580 cards.

EVGA cards are good since they have very good customer service, if your card somehow breakes you will get a replacement easily.
Sapphire is good for AMD, Nitro+ series being the best.
ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI are also good.

I've had good experience with XFX, but you can't go wrong with

Card had a 3 year warranty. Only a couple of months left on the warranty when it went.

>mfw Australian warranties are actually worth the paper they are written on

2500k FTW

How the hell did you get 5.1ghz :Of
I wish I could get moar then 4.8ghz out of mine. Mind sharing your settings ? Vcore ? Dram voltage ? Full AI tweaker sheet!

Impressive specs!
Good job user! Also guts ?

whats the numbers on the newest cpuz? They updated the benchmark.

Please don't bully me

not 4k, 1440p

What causes this chromatic aberration, this looks like shit

You should get your eyes checked, user

Every other image looks fine tho, they are clearly different, yours looks like how my monitor displays a picture when the DVI cable isnt properly connected

You're retarded, it looks literally the same as all the other pictures

These 2 look clearly different for me

Yes, they are two different screenshots.
You are retarded, user.

Stop taking drugs

(You)
Go get your eyes checked

Made this build last summer kinda regret buying the i5 since the ryzen 5 looks pretty good but i got it for $150 USD so i didnt do too bad.

getting a 1080 ti this week though

So if I RMA my 970 will they send me a 1070?

woops forgot image

She's cute, who is she?

>she

>she

>she enough for me

>doesnt know
boy, are you in for a surprise

ciara horan

She's very cute. Do you know where I can find more pictures of her?

her name is actually jhulia pimentel

Using this girl till it dies or isn't good enough for games.

why is my idle gpu so hot?

also i really need to upgrade

fermi I guess.

do you need a new or better one?
i'm ok with mine

>74
I loved my old phenom, shame it just outright took a shit

Im upgrading into ryzen and vega to go full team red this gen

the last upgrade I made was going from 8gb DDR2 to new mobo + 16gb DDR3

same CPU I bought in 2012. I don't even regret a bit.

>speccy thread
Post a speccy faggot

Speccy update for Ryzen and DDR4 ram when?

Forgot pic, i don't know why my 970 is so hot idle

afaik they are that way to be quiet.
so the fan is no running or at the slowest speed when idle or .

>babyfirelake
>31-32 idle
>59-60 under load
I guess Sup Forums is wrong, again...

God help me, I've been trying for months to get amd radeon settings to open.

Thinking of upgrading GPU. i5 currently runs at 3.7, which is default turbo-boost unless playing intensive games in which case i run it at around 4.2-4.4ghz. Will eventually maybe grab a Ryzen chip later down the line when cpu becomes unusable.

po

You shouldn't have to push to 1.7V to fucking get a dual core to 4GHz.

How is the 1060? I'm still on a gtx 670 however it is a bit long in the tooth for newer games and struggles a bit on higher settings.

Probably not because I got my 780ti from Aussie big box retailer Harvey Norman. Their 'tech' staff know fuck all about parts. So when it was time to replace they replaced on the price I paid for the card when it was new. Closest to the price was a 1080ti.

>HP
Why would you do this to yourself
stick to catalyst drivers and not the newfangled crimson shit

New paste really helped the gpu.

Summer temps on air

Maybe one day Speccy will work for me too.

I'm on an i7 haswell refresh and feeling really tempted to get a 16c/32t even though I know I won't be using all that many cores.

I do a fair bit of video editing I have a 7700k system I'm going to end up selling I can't tell the difference gaming but renders are 30-40% faster.

With that overclock what is the estimated TDP? It obviously isn't 65W anymore.

I don't know how accurate HW monitor is but most I've ever seen it pull on all 8 cores is 95 watts

Scan for deleted nudes

That's pretty good.

it's a happy gpu

umm, if that was really the issue he could have easily either downgraded to W7/8/8.1 or simply download a linux distro and install it on his computer. couldn't he? far more cost-effective than throwing away a computer for a problem he would have solved in an hour, two at most, I believe.

it was fragged, it just clicked when powered on.
it had vista on it, I had the 10 installer handy so I just put an old hdd in to test it. Prob put 7 on it for the kiddos. Just ordered a $4 e8400 and $7 worth of ddr2 800 for it. putting my old 7750 in and it should be alright with the bacon and chives.

it's shit, but it runs Overwatch fine and I can shitpost / watch anime on it, so im fine with it. might "upgrade" to a 1050ti eventually.