Linus finally comments on intel situation

youtube.com/watch?v=fkHNgGaYR0I

youtube.com/watch?v=TWFzWRoVNnE

Intel was trying to run their business model based on the monopoly they have on the market. They set price and decide on what is hedt. Amd's products turned all the on its head. Amd subjectively and objectively has the better product based on price for performance, for gaming and content creation and soon for running servers.

Linus has been on intel's payroll. It's clear by his content. I mean really, 1k budget computer build with an i5? ok, no. Recently he posted a video with his response to intel's new direction. He knows this was a very anticipated video. There has been lots of hate towards intel for the obvious reasons. Linus knows his credibility is on the line and his reputation will depend on his response. So he made this video calling it like it is, intel dropping the ball and being shit.

Linus was still playing politics and being too nice towards intel. In his video he ends with "Am I being too nit picky? or being unfair? I don't know leave a comment." He clearly didn't make a conclusion that intel has fucked it this time. Instead he went soft and BENT THE KNEE to intel, by not being explicit and blunt and stating that intel fucked up and to stay away from their products. Instead he second guess his entire speech by basically saying "i dont kno guys maybe I'm just complaining for no reason and there is nothing to be upset about here, what do you think?"

Take aways:

>linus knows intel has a shit product
>Linus still bends the knee to intel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DXPfE2jGqg0
community.amd.com/thread/215773
linux-audit.com/linux-aslr-and-kernelrandomize_va_space-setting/
youtube.com/watch?v=DzRGBAUz5mA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, I don't care. If I have any heavy computation to do I just do it at my workplace' datacenter

What do you expect? Linus is payed a shitton for intel shilling.

Who cares?

But what if the Ryzen CPU bug is real and AMD has to issue a recall, won't that push Intel into a certified monopoly?

Youtubers want as many comments as possible because it helps with SEO. It makes the video more relevant. Youtube is larger than any other search engine in the world with the exception of google. Video-makers use all sorts of techniques to get more comments than they would otherwise.

also, who gives a FUCK about this guy?
>Mfw someone's life is so unimportant they have time to sit around gossiping about "public figures"

>Yvonne Ho

anyone who is bored and has an internet connection.

fucking weaboo AMDpoo kill yourself

he's a Sup Forums level understanding of PC builds, meaning he can communicate to idiots fairly easily.

So he's popular with that crowd and intelligence level, however it is good of him to at least spread this info around otherwise they'd never know about it.

yeah yeah the youtube algorithms.. every freaking youtuber is baiting their audience for comments. linus on the other hand has the luxury to not care too much, anything he post will get tons of views, its what he is saying that matters not that it does

>spends his life on an anime website
>complains about anime

>ESD strap on sock instead of touching his skin
What a fucking retard.

you're a fagget for letting a "fagget public figure" be a fagget without calling him out on it. People lurk this board you know.

>>Linus still bends the knee to intel
I would kiss Moore's ass if Intel would pay me what they pay Linus.

You'd have to kiss Otellini's ass first.

Yeah then you would be a lying fagget sell out. I would to desu.
whats your point?

Do you listen to justin bieber albums so you can criticize them when you see a 14 year old girl?

Is this your first attempt at logic?
And to answer your retarded question No because I don't care about justin bieber and what 14 year old girls listen too.
I do care about "technology", prices on technology and what influential figures are saying about it.

Companies are erroneously focusing on Parallelism when engineering for performance.
They don't seem to care much about contributing code to mature Vectorizing extensions in software, namely AVX*. This problem is also prevalent in software engineers who code for better parallelism.

Check this out, it's a bit long but worth the watch:

youtube.com/watch?v=DXPfE2jGqg0

>I mean really, 1k budget computer build with an i5? ok, no.
what's wrong? That is perfectly fine.

Fuck. Off. Shill.
Use these words to construct a sentence. Guess which one I want to convey right here. There may be multiple correct answers.

>mature vectorizing extensions
They're perfectly fine user. There's no need to 'mature' them they've been fine since SSE2. The reasons we don't go wider (than 512Bit) are hard to explain well but it's not really feasible without sacrifice right now.

Regardless. It's a similar situation to parallelism. It needs developer work to be efficient. And companies don't do it as well as they should. Parallelism is about as important I'd say. They're very good good for different cases and share a rather small subset.

what ryzen cpu bug?

>Take aways:
who are you?

Just a guy, with internet access, and a bone to pick

sounds fair

It goin to be ok....

I want that Jack Burton shirt.

multithreaded compile seg faults

DELET THIS

>community.amd.com/thread/215773
two last posts on the thread

>> As suggested on phoronix forum, I tried /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space set to 0
>> and it seems to do the trick for me, please, try it. (Of course it should be considered just as starting point to investigate the iusse)

>In my case, this workaround seems to work. Before trying this, I could reproduce this problem at least once per ten linux kernel build (make -j16).
>However, after trying this, that build worked fine 100 times without SEGV.

>linux-audit.com/linux-aslr-and-kernelrandomize_va_space-setting/

I fail to see how this couldn't be fixed with microcode updates

Because it will? VME and FMA both got fixed with microcode in a month.

I mean, you could try to spin this that you need to update the BIOS, but then you'd have to argue for the abortion X99 launch.

Yeah the dumbass ITT claiming it's going to require a recall is just spreading lies and FUD.

Who gives a shit?

>I care about technology
>implying this isn't consumerism

>linux
No one cares homie

I'm not claiming it won't be fixed, it's user I answered to that is

>"Linus made a video shitting on Intel but didn't explicitly say they were garbage and asked his audience for their opinion! SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Are you trying to formulate a point? Seems like your just chucking broad statements without comitting to a valid argument with some kind of substance. All you've proven is that you'd lurked pol enough to shitpost.

Yeah you definitely summerized it up in an edgy mememy way. Grats. What else can you do? How about a backflip?

I can do a backflip. Asphalt hurts my heels though.

You don't have access to some grass or a Sandy Beach?

No, I do. I just haven't done one in a while.

Well backflips are not like riding a bike where you never forget. It takes a good amount of technique and athleticism.

kek yeah, that correlates with my own experience. Hit my chin pretty bad once after not doing it for a while.

I think I'd need to start from something higher than just standing again.

what's the tl;dr of the video?
is it "what is Intel doing? I'll """complain""" about them and still take their money but wtf?"

Could you stop this Linus shilling? He just says whatever his sponsors want him to.
He has taken the "I shill for these companies" page off his website, but he is probably on AMD's payroll already or looking to get on their payroll.

is this the guy who invented linux?
naming your only successful project after your own name what a fucking narcissistic imbecile

yeah it is
I don't' understand why he uses Windows in a lot of his videos though
If the creator of Linux doesn't even use Linux, is it good?

Using ESD strap at all is the joke.

he may just have installed windows ironically
or maybe it's just that loonix is shit

> not care too much
uh, wrong youtube.com/watch?v=DzRGBAUz5mA

Haha yeah that's prob for the best. Reminds me of me when I go from couch potato to playing pick up soccer at the park. I cant just show up and Sprint around, I'll hurt my hamstrings. I need to do jogging for a week to warm up my body for that kind of activity.

>strolling across the streets with red lights
What a rude piece of shit. I always floor the gas whenever I come across self important twats like him.

I'm sure you do buddy :)

thats a bad build, could have spent all that extra cash on 1070, which would improve performance by 30-40%, instead he spends it on useless bling? SSD really? just get hdd, 250gb ssd isnt enough these days. You need proper hdd atleast 1tb. He then spouts about 7500 being cost efective? Ok so buy fucking 4560, thats even more cost effective? Or better yet actually buy ryzen 1500x and have proper cpu with HT and a mobo which will still work win zen2 and zen3.

that's called bargaining for a better shill paycheck.
Essentially threatened intel with the prospect of turning his 10M fans against them if they dont pay him more

Yeah, plus he makes click bait shit videos with very little actual content.

Wish they would just get out, senpai.

Reminder to report shitposters.