ElectronConf postponed until a “more diverse slate of speakers” can be delivered

You can't make this shit up: electronconf.com

>We published a list of speakers that does not reflect the standards to which we hold ourselves.

What do they mean by this?

It means there were only disgusting dirty sexist men.

welp, guess I'm not using nodeJS anytime soon. And perhaps gitlab is a better alternative

Bitbucket

>Bitbucket
ty

Why is it better than Gitlab?

good goyim

Imagine actually thinking this

Does anyone have the list of speakers? I'd be pretty pissed if I had agreed to be a speaker and was then told I didn't meet their standard.
(Assuming I was someone worth actually listening to)

Nicola (((Sanchez)))
Karolina (((Szczur)))
kek, why does it keep happening?

This is just stupid, people go there to learn about technology, not to look at tits on stage. Men should boycott the event, no male speaker should participate.

sanchez is not a jewish name though

Are you male?

Then you're not up to their standard.

I would boycot the shit out of it.

Checkmate, atheist!

You say that like that's the sufficient reason to take a huge dump on electron.

So thats what the discord devs use

explains why they cant get video and screen sharing to work

>thinking

What makes it extra funny is the fact that speakers were selected by a blind review process, so apparently the merits of the talks are not enough.

Wouldn't that give the feminists what they want?

SHUT UP, GOY!!!
YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!

Yes, so let them have it.

>what they want

What, a presentation with 1 (ONE) speaker?

>tfw nodejs developer

goddamit.

>allowing this to happen
But what if none of the women had anything interesting to say?
I deem it unlikely. But they're probably very selective about what they want to present at these conferences so some get excluded based on that

Not him but imo they're approximately the same.
Maybe the sourcetree-program is better supported on bitbucket but it's not even supported on Linux yet so that's a dead feature.

No probably not. But it'd bomb the conference. Eh, poor choice of words. But it'd not be good for their publicity.
I don't think it's wrong to want some diversity. Literally only dudes is a bit weird.
That'd be like C++ con. Juck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it is fucking electron, no one has anything interesting to say about it other than "why the fuck do we think that shipping a webapp running in a snowflake instance of chrome is a good idea"?

>oh no I'm offended
>ok we cancelled event just 4 u sweetie
>no that's not good enough apologize immediately

We need another war.

>We need another war.
No we need to undo womens suffrage
Jesus christ this is pathetic

Y'know, I'm a live and let live sorta guy. But recently, I now wish that all men in this example would quit and refuse to show up on principle from here on out. Reject to be treated without respect from the actual sexists (womyn) and their cunt-quotas. Men should just quit these hell-holes, set up a rival company and just let these fucking parasites devour themselves. They are worth nothing without men; time to start ramming the point home. After all, men create, women move in and bring their diva bullshit and think they own the place. Fuck off.

Electron is shit anyways.

Because without men support end up only make shitty event, and worst don't could complain about anything.

The effeminate limpwristed """""""men"""""" would never let this happen, they'd attack their own and attempt to destroy their careers long before anything of value would be done by your new male only tech company.

Yeah, what are they gonna do? Accuse me of sexism for not giving a shit?

Why does anyone care?
Is there anything more boring than a programmer conference?
Nearly every single "talk" is just a verbal blogpost, most speakers aren't even good at speaking, and most talks consists of "hey here's some new app i played here's why it's the best thing ever!!!!!".
And then you have your NON-programmer talks and they're exclusively done by women and they're mostly about feelings and "how to contribute without knowing code".

SOMETIMES I have seen some interesting talks. To be honest though programmer conferences are more about meeting up with people and networking so you can more easily bail on your current terrible gig.

/thread

>Why does anyone care?
>Is there anything more boring than a programmer conference?

Imagine the following example: Instead of a programming conference, it's a medical conference. Oh dear! The conference has just been cancelled because the lineup happens to be an all-male panel speaking about their work in cancer research or some disease therapy. Now, their peers that would have attended don't get to hear the speakers at all. If the conference is even rescheduled at all, you lose those best suited to give all the pertinent information that would have been presented due to some feminazi cunt imposing some arbitrary rule that there must be 50/50 gender equivalence (because why the fuck not, right?). It's an affront to society and the furthering of human knowledge. I've never wished for nukes to fly but recently I would gladly see some areas wiped off the map as this shit is a contagion.

>attlasian

But web development and CRUD app programming is hardly the life-saving, frontier-expanding field that medicine is.
Feminist shitcunts can shit up this field all they want, it distracts them from the good fields.

no we need a war because you can't take away rights from people but you can terrify them into focusing on the real issues with war

This, it's a containment field for mediocrity and annoying ideas. It also contains stuff like SCRUMM.

Got any interesting / informative speakers to recommend?

> informative
Raymond Hettinger (if you're a disgusting python snek like me)
> Interesting
Brian Lunduke. I know it's basic-bitch tier but I like some of his talks (besides linux sucks)

every time..

New York
Israel
New Jersey

How much do you want to bet the female speaker will only talk about gender diversity in the workplace and muh wage gap and it will be applauded by people that really just want it over with so they can focus on the actual technology problems.

that's fucking ridiculous
good thing that it doesn't affect the quality of the technology so I can still use it

Los Angeles
San Francisco
San Diego

just get rid of California and the world is fixed desu

who fucking cares holy shit
people who actually care about this conference already know that there are bright women in their field, it's not like any of the talks were even about sex

JOB OFFER

Our customer is seeking candidates for the position of TECH CONFERENCE SPEAKER
Qualifications:
- be black or a woman

Pls send your resumes to [email protected]

how fortunate, i happen to identify as a black woman!

now about your vacation benefits...

>diversity for diversity sake

¿Porque?

we'll call you back ;)

something like this probably

>who fucking cares holy shit

Have you seen the websites of US tech companies lately? All their promo photos look like they were taken on Noah's ark.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
When will the libtards leave us alone?
Is there nothing that will escape their taint?

I didn't expect more from a horribly cancerous software. Electron "devs" are just JS """programmers""" too retarded to learn another programming language.

It's a good thing actually. Github is the aboslute worst SJW company in the valley. They deserve this. Now they had to cancel their bullshit promo conference because one woman wrote an angry tweet. Beautiful.

It shows other companies that you have to stay out of this crap. You fight a losing battle. You hand over your HR department to some Twitter extremists for what? Your hiring goes downhill, your early employees will leave and while doing that, you still have to cancel conferences because SJWs aren't pleased.

i had the idea that we could keep postponing their conference.
every time they announce a date, add a new SJW demand until they cannot do it anymore. if they try in spite of the demands throw a shit-fit.

The entire javascript fad is a jewish conspiracy to destroy internet and software.

I thought everyone was equal? If we're all equal, what difference does it make who is on the list?

Friendly reminder to identify as a woman when you apply for a job to guarantee that you get it no matter how unqualified you are

You can always switch back to your real gender afterwards

It's one of many reasons to take a huge dump on electron.

>But what if none of the women had anything interesting to say?
>I deem it unlikely.
I think the word you were searching for was "likely."

I thought everyone was equal?
of equal worth as human beings, sure. In any other sense no.

The original people were top of their game and were intellectually diverse, but the demand for PHYSICAL and RACIAL diversity negates intellectual diversity and poisons the well.

Calling it now this will become an actual tactic widely used in SV within the next 5 years

Go tranny for graduation, then switch back a few months into your job

>how fortunate, i happen to identify as a black woman!
I just realized these vagina normative women ASSUMED the chosen gender and race of the speakers at the conference. They should be banned from ever using Electron or participating in any way in the Electron community ever again.

I've been looking for, and struggling to find, FT work after working as a contractor/consultant for years. (Was great for a while but work and income have been sporadic the past few years even though the economy is supposedly "good.")

I'm having no luck despite everything I have on my resume (multiple languages; projects where I wrote every last line of code for highly integrated systems covering server, native desktop, and web) and recommendations from past clients who loved me.

A friend told me "it's because you're a middle aged white male. Change your resume to identify as female."

Is he right?

Go for it. After they're already invested in you after a couple months, just go back to being a man. It's called being genderfluid you fucking bigots.

It's hard not to be a fucking racist with this shit happening constantly.
Almost as if these people want to be hated.

>try to create new IT company that only hires the most qualified applicants
>all employees end up being straight white men
>go to prison for racism

Why does this keep happening in the anglosphere?

Activist courts

Explode the on high orbit on europe russia and us, to blow up all the electronics

Because some piece of shit thought if he helped women get the right to vote he would get laid more often.

He died a virgin.

nukes aren't that powerful

here's an idea, lets troll github into having 50/50 male/female workforce including and especially programmers and managers, because let's be honest, they wouldn't exist in a year or so with that amount of stupid cunts in a company.

>more diverse
That just means that all their speakers were more or less talking about the same thing. No one wants to listen to the same presentation over and over again just by a different speaker. They're just making sure that they will cover more topics and/or with more depth on the current topic, right?

North Korea, USA and middle Asia.

nodeJS is joyent though

but yes if you use electron you're talentless

Nah, it started with a feminist tweet critizising it as an "all male" event

>We will be diverse and tolerant and intelligent and hire the most capable speakers we can find!
>Oh what the fuck, they're all male. We need to fix this.

Imagine this in any other industry

> Sorry guys, Advanced Cancer Research Conference is cancelled, not enough women

Fuck these people. Fuck this stupid fucking industry for what is becoming. These people can't even program. They're fucking Google copy and pasters. No better than Pajeets.

aj9fhejwa0i9ohgheabng

>No better than Pajeets.
I'm all for a good Pajeet two minutes of hate, but honestly they are worse than Pajeets. You don't normally see Pajeet in a fucking dress with fucking lipstick demanding "moar womyn!" at a conference even though "she" has a dick.

>tfw Sup Forums-lac
>into politics
>can get really heated and angry about it
>use tech / vidya / music as my escape / de-stresser
>this starts happening
and they wonder why we hate (((them.)))

this x1000

>snarky passive aggressive remark
>"you're right, we'll fix this immediately and do what you want"
>that's not good enough, this shouldn't have happened in the first place

God I fucking hate SJWs.

Is there actually any reason why IT is targeted for diversity except for the fact that it's a desk job and isn't vital?

Is there seriously any argument for equal representation in this field over others? Why does equal representation even matter? Why do people just accept this? I'm going insane.

>because let's be honest, they wouldn't exist in a year or so with that amount of stupid cunts in a company.

I think history has proven that otherwise.

>why does systematic oppression matter?
It's inefficient.

Gitlab is currently eating their lunch in simultaneously all of cloud hosted, self hosted, and enterprise git hosting. It took a bunch of faggy devs getting together and writing Github a letter before they started actually improving the damn product again.

Their inertia will soon fade, and thanks to git being distributed, switching relatively painless.

A dead conference of circle jerking women's studies graduate? Who cares.

Because it's a relatively easy job that pays well and requires no physical effort, that happens to be male populated for the most part (because it requires mechanical thinking and no social skills). It's a hypocritical argument to make unless you also bring up the number of male nurses and elementary school teachers, and have quotas for women in the mining industry, logging, agriculture and sewage work.

They might have a good point in that getting rid of social perceptions and stigmas around various jobs MIGHT make society (very slightly) better, but this is fucking ridiculous as it is.

If we just replaced HR with Legal this would've never happened

The only vagina I ever saw was my cousin's. Our families found out that we used to be sexual and that was the end of it

I didn't even get to fug her :^(