AHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHA
A
AHHAHAHAHAHA

OH WOW MY SIDES
No wonder they're delaying that 18 core Skylake-X for next year

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/intel_s_skylake-x_and_kaby_lake-x_cpus_will_not_be_soldered/1
rockitcool.myshopify.com/
imgur.com/a/wMm1C
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Double ring bus strikes again.
It's not even 100% of a older arch 8 core.

Threadripper 16 core 3200 cinebrunch score confirmed?

Should be close.
Depends on clocks, but everyone's expecting something close to 3.5/3.6

MUH MONOLITHIC DIES!
MUH AVX512!
M-MUH M-MUH 4.9GHZ (under LN2 plz no remind me)

This is quite frankly pathetic, a 1700x2 using 60% less power would score the same with two less cores.

What the fuck, Intel?
WHAT THE FUCK

CORE I9 IS DOA. HAHAHAHA

>165W TDP @ ~1V
>only 2.7Ghz base
>only 6 cores turbo to 3.4Ghz
>only 2 "preferred" cores will turbo to 4Ghz+
>Intel Mayonaise inside
>Water cooling recommended by default
>RFID chip for unlocking RAID functions via dongle
>$2000

Is this the most JUST processor released in recent memory or what?

>Intel Mayonaise inside
I'm late to the party, somebody aware me on this meme

Intel is dropping soldered TIM from their CPU manufacture entirely, pulling the heatspreader now reveals jizz even in their high-end parts and presumably, by extension, Xeons too.

overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/intel_s_skylake-x_and_kaby_lake-x_cpus_will_not_be_soldered/1

Intel is using shitty toothpaste instead of solider to this very day, preventing overclocking unless you DELID the chip and apply your own thermal paste or solider or liquid metal solution.

I'm not sure what the fuck I'm supposed to be looking for with that conglomeration

>I thought DELID THIS was just some variant of spurdoposting
>mfw it's real

I think you should look for this

The real question is, will VIA also btfo Intel?
Seems like anything's possible these days.

rockitcool.myshopify.com/

Explain to a the non initiated what is going on plox. Is AMD releasing something better than Intel?

Intel's core scaling is fucking terrible, ergo their Skylake-X lineup will end up terrible because it's all about more cores.

No, AMD peaks at 16 cores, while Intel is releasing an 18-core for consumers. AMDrones just mad that their precious Poojeet company lost in the core-count wars.

They already did when they released Ryzen, except for the i7-7700K and G4560 there's no reason to go Intel anymore. And the G4560's days are numbered, too. APU's will take that one out too, eventually.

This is so cute.

Intel should at least include this in their high end processors

Go away, Brian.

no user, there is literally a USB port on the motherboard where you can put the usb key

Doesn't matter if intel's cores scale like shit and cost a billion dollars.
Also AMD always gets 64 PCIE lanes, Intel maxes out at 44. Enjoy your house fire CPUs and being a lanelet

Intel releases new high-end platform against AMD.
AMD surprised Intel (and everyone else really) with thread ripper; more cores and features than Skymeme-X.
Intel gets buttblasted and announces several more HEDT processors above what they had previously announced, these are just repurposed Xeons.
Now the X299 platform is ridiculously fragmented as it has to support CPUs with core counts anywhere from 4-18, TDPs anywhere from 100-165w, PCI-E lanes anywhere from 16-44, and memory anywhere from two to four channels in one or two dimms per channel depending on CPU.
AMD chips are all consistent with feature set and are quite poaaibly going to be cheaper as well. Also its rumored that AMD's 16-core will br quitw a bit faster than Intel's 18-core.

TL;DR: Intel got caught with its pants down and full of shit.

Neat thanks

>house fire
>lanelet
Why are (You) so memed, friend?

AMD has a 32 core for servers

Oy vey, who should pay for that? Are you an antisemite?

Oh yeah, and on top of that, no one even KNOWS when these Intel chips will launch, because they haven't been validated for consumer use yet. It was said that they won't be out until 'sometime' next year, but by then TR will be out for several months and everyone who wanted something of it's caliber will have already bought AMD.

Yes, but it's very likely that the RFID chip is still there to validate the authenticity of the dongle or other (((Intel certified))) devices, otherwise people would figure out how to bypass it in short order. RAID0 is free, it costs $99 for basic 1 or 1+0 RAID and $300 for RAID5/6

and in 2018 AMD comes out with 7nm zen 2, so it will destroy covfefe lake and 10nm mobile cannon lake too

Why do they even bother with the heatspreader?

Because if fucking embarrassing for a multi-billion dollar company with nearly unlimited R and D money and 90+% market share to to be blindsided by a an almost dieing company that just dug up a guy from his grave to design a CPU

To stop the mayonnaise going stale too soon.

At least post the superior webm version.

its

It's a safe-guard against shitty coolers (or a dumb user) cracking the CPU die, which is very fragile. In this case delidding itself works as a litmus test of whether or not you can be trusted with an exposed CPU in the first place.
In order for you to cool a CPU die directly sans lid, you need a special bracket that makes it impossible for a cooler to put any pressure on the die itself, and you still need to buy a liquid-metal interface as well. It ends up being rather risky and expensive to save 20Âșc, which they believe most people can do without.

>you need a special bracket that makes it impossible for a cooler to put any pressure on the die itself

Laptop coolers have this since ages

A lot of older processors had exposed dies, the headspreader came into focus when AMD and Intel were noticing that a lot of them started getting damaged due to shipping, and yes, also due to dumb idiots failing to mount properly.

I wasn't sure whether Sup Forums started supporting webms, mp4s etc. It's been a while since I last posted

the old Pentium III days and Socket 462 dies cracked if you put too big a cooler on. later Pentium IIIs started using a heat spreader.

Laptop coolers don't nearly have the mass compared to what someone would put on there desktop CPU

Intel uses TIM for a reason you retards. Solder will eventually expand and crack your rypoo cpoos whereas TIM doesn't.

In other words
>I parrot whatever I hear on the net

Fascinating, where are those cracked sandybridges/nehalems?

There are so many examples of 10 year old soldered CPUs still running fine that you really have to be a complete retard to actually believe this. When the mayo under the hood dries up, temps skyrocket as well.

Well, you retards seemed to be uninformed

Wow my a64 3200+ surely fucking cracked by now. But wait, oh no, it fucking works.

Intel seems to be really in deep shit if they're training them like this.

>I read an article online and I know what I'm talking about gaiz, I swear

Intel's TIM has a very high boiling point and cpus 10 years ago were smaller and were on a larger node

I'll bite.
You fucks didn't complain about soldered CPUs back in the core 2 days up to the sandy bridge era or on any of the HEDT CPUs. According to you they all should be dead because of the solder.
If solder was really that unreliable, explain why Intel still continues to use solder on there Xeons to this day even on the tiny ass LGA 1150 ones

See

Wait, really? they're trying this again?

Yes, goy. Buy Xeons.

Silicon dies is not fragile at all. Especially small ones - ever tried breaking a short twig?

I rmeeber that was from some "Build a PC tutorial" from some retailer.

I'm impressed at how well you've managed to put the Helman's logo on the lil applicator syringe there. Congrats.

*are

show me a cracked 5820k then, or even a 6950X

>10nm Cannon Lake
Only if Intel manages to improve their 1.7% yields by then, lmao.

oh fucking shitwads am I really going to have to jump onto snowy owl

10nm on desktops by 2018, er, 2019 .. 2020? New architecture? Anyone? Hello?

More bingbus doesn't work? Simply fucking ebin, now Intel and their chosen people need to get back to the drawing boards and deduce how the fuck IF works.

Jeeze. So Intel fucks over everyone by releasing 4-core 5% improvement chips for years and when they're finally required to add more cores they charge a premium and lock away features. It's like they want to alienate their customers.

I'm guessing you didn't read, If it was the case that current Intel CPUs can't be soldered than how come some current Intel CPUs are being soldered?
All Xeons still in production even ones based off LGA 1150 CPUs are being soldered. Again you know the processors are suppose to be rock solid are using this bad and unreliable soldered IHS apparently.

You can always buy Threadripper. It's faster, has more I/O and is soldered.

>It's like they want to alienate their customers
They know exactly how gullible their customers are though, so they're gonna sell like hotcakes.

How is being soldered good? You can't delid a soldered cpu for free performance like you can with intel cpus

cool story bro

Yeah, because the last time they sold a similar product at 2x the price people were just flocking to it.

imgur.com/a/wMm1C

Can't tell if trolling or just retarded.

You don't NEED to delid soldered CPUs - solder is almost as good as direct contact with the die.

soldered cpus don't have to be delided because you already have the best thermal interface material already there, its called metal which is better than any TIM paste

Now the bigger question is: when will my oc'd 3570k will kick the bucket? Its shitpaste should've dried to sand now, right?

Delid it, dumb kumikoposter.

came here to post this, delid, reapply thermal paste, use it for next 10 years

>userbenchmarks

Even if the chart is true, it just shows you that the 6900k didn't have any anomalies due to the Ryzen launch so I don't know what you're trying to prove here.

No, the TIM is designed to last as long as the cpu. It doesn't dry up because nothing is evaporating

Granted the shit they use as TIM lasts a while but not for ever. it depends on how much air gets to it

Solder's performance degrades over time and will eventually crack your cpu due to the metal expanding. TIM doesn't expand and is able to fill in all the imperfections because it melts a little at high temperature. Every time you use your cpu, the TIM melts a little allowing it to readjust and refill all the imperfections.

Simply ebin.

PLS BUY INTEL

Is this upgrade your CPU v9.0?

Oh shit guys I guess my i3 2120 should be dead y'all along with nearly all the other Sandy Bridge CPUs. Now that I think about it all the core 2 s are dead because of solder, oh wait no there not there still fucking everywhere and are still working you you still use one.

See

>retards crying over having an option to completely delid the CPU and make it as cool as possible
unbelievable.
>normies don't give a fuck about sperm TIM under the IHS, so it's fine
>gentoomen care about cooling, so their best choice is to delid and get better results that soldered IHS
Is this so hard to understand?
Fucking pleb.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT HAHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAHAHAHAHHAHHHAH THIS GUY PPPPFFFFFFF HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

My Q6600 overclocked, which i overclocked the fuck out it says otherwise.

Where do you retards even come up with this shit? Is there some Intel fanboy forum where you dipshits sit there cooking up this crap?

>physics are for fanboy normie dipshits
back to your designated AyyMD forum, pajeet ghale

All the broadwell-e CPUs should be dead soon because of solder right? There made on the same node as skylake/kabylake, or is your next excuse is that the die is bigger?

Sure I can get threadripper, but it seems Intel is shooting themselves in the foot. They're making it harder for the consumer to get these processors ($$$) and harder for motherboard manufactures to make boards for the platform. Unless they unfuck themselves they stand to lose a large portion of potential customers.
I know there are people with more money than brains in the world, but few people will spend ~$2000 for such a mess of a platform. Even LinusshillTips made a rant about X299

Seething.

Wild shill appears!
Shill uses bullshit!
It's not very effective.

surely Sup Forums isn't retarded enough to take the same b8 multiple times in the same thread

Ability to DELID will become a feature. You heard it here first, bois.