What's with all the Macs?

>Dan Tentler
>well known security researcher
>epic haxxor
>all these other haxxors at defcon
>using Macs?

What the fuck Sup Forums, I thought you said Macs and Apple products are just for kids and faggots?

Are these people retarded? Why the fuck would they use Apple shit?

Why are all these "smart people" using Macs?

And why are so many "smart" college professors(specifically CS professors) using Macs?

Seriously, what the fuck is going on I thought Applel products were shit?

Hipster journalist getting haxxed is pretty funny though.

youtube.com/watch?v=bjYhmX_OUQQ

>Seriously, what the fuck is going on I thought Applel products were shit?
you're a retard who fell for the Pajeet trolling.

All those Poojeets hate Apple because they can't afford it.

When in truth, Macs are the best laptops. By far!

Holy fuck that phishing blonde was a qt3.14

Maybe I did fall for the poojeet shit :(

Depends on what you'd call "the best laptops", but yeah, Macs are pretty great.

Yeah pixar and every audio studio is really hipster

Visual studio is now always online botnet and xcode rapes it

> hacker
> not using Unix certified os over the unsecure windows nsa backdoor

Choosing, out of principle, not to use apple products doesn't mean they don't make nice hardware.

Yeah I'd expect that from audio studios and whatnot. But I'm surprised all these security professionals are using Macs

People like apple because they make slick machines with good battery life. The "no software" meme hasn't really been true since the early 2000s, so that's not a problem. Also people who work in these fields (tech, engineering, media production) earn enough money that the "apple tax" isn't a big deal. The only people who hate apple at this point are freetards obsessed with ricing and gaymer kiddies who only care about getting more frames in League of Losers or whatever they're playing now.

This sums it up well. Gayming is for neckbeards who don't have a life.

deriding others for hobbies you don't understand is totally the kind of mature activity that people with "lives" and Apple machines do.

Whatever nerd

Probably provided by whatever company because "Macs don't get viruses"

>b..b..but muh hobby!
>You're just like my mom, you don't understand how epic muh League of Losers is!

Jesus Christ go do something useful with your life.

As you get older, you realize that fat neckbeards telling you something is for "gay faggitss that are gay go get your Starbucks fag" is stupid. The MacBook Pro is an actually good laptop for day to day tasks and light power user stuff. I wouldn't take it as my only machine personally, but it's a great desktop compliment.

Games are a waste of time. Anyone over the age of 12 understands this unless they're retarded. I know a guy who's girlfriend is literally about to dump his ass because he won't: Buy a vehicle, get his drivers license(yes, hes' a 22 year old man who doesn't have a fucking license), save money so he can go to college and get a real career instead of working at a fucking grocery store for the rest of his life. But what does he do? He wastes his money on a PS4 shitbox, wastes money on alcohol, refuses to do anything productive with his life(car, license, school etc.) and is now thinking he needs an epic le gaymer battlestashun so he play league of losers and whatever else his epic le gaymer loser friends are playing. Everyone in his social group is constantly trying to get him to get his shit together but he fucking refuses. this, ladies and gentlemen, is your typical gaymer.

>hacking
>social engineering hackers
This is just con artistry.

>22 y/o
>no license

I'm trigg'd, only because i live in a UK city with great public transport, and this city is horrible to drive, so i never bothered getting a license. USA tho, cars would be mandatory I assume?

That guy sounds like an arse, but he is addicted to games, not everyone is like this.

So, he should get a higher paying job, so he could boy more shit to his girl?
Life is generally a waste of time, so you should waste it as you wish.

Yeah you can get away with it if you live in a nice city like Paris, Berlin, London etc. But here in America, unless you live in a big city with good public transport, or Uber/Taxis you're a loser if you don't own a car or at least a nice moped/motorcycle. We love our cars over here m8. And sure not all gaymers are like that, but I still think there are way better things to do with yur time. We're humans and we always seem to forget how fucking awesome we are. We shouldn't be sitting in a fucking dark room obsessing over muh framerates in muh CS:GO. We should all be improving ourselves by working out or or reading a damn book and learning new things to improve the lives of other people around us. When you compare all the other amazing shit you could be doing, gayming is a terrible waste of time and money.

>goes straight to implying he's some sort of cuck and he needs to provide more for his girl.

I mean, he's kinda a cuck but he's gotten better. At least now he pays her parents rent for the space he takes up in their house and also helps pays for food stuff for him and his girl.

The point is, if they're gonna be together, he needs to get his shit in order because it takes two in a relationship which includes two people making money and getting on in life.

Nah, she works and is going to school and has a plan in life. Meanwhile, he works at a damn grocery store and doesn't see any reason to improve his life. It's a damn shame.

>Life is generally a waste of time, so you should waste it s you wish.

Bruh, you sound like you need someone to talk to about your depression. I've been there too, but I got it sorted out....seriously.

because macos is actually a decent unix desktop OS with a pretty interface.

windows is garbage, and linux even tho its great, looks ugly as hell so why not choose macos unless you're poor?

Even poor people can afford Macs. It's like these neckbeard faggots don't know how to look for deals or refurb stuff or even used machines on letgo

there's nothing wrong with buying second hand machines or phones, but personally i don't do it.

those devices are too personal to just own after someone else owned them, can you imagine all the dry jizz?

memes aside, personally not a fan of it.

Eh, just try to buy from a clean asian or a girl....or really just any normal human being with normal standards of living. But yeah a lot of people are fucking disgusting.

Loving every laugh at all these neckbearded faggots getting butthurt over seeing real tech professionals using Apple products.

Dat unibody. Generally people buy macs for the hardware - that means the build quality and design. They're plenty capable but people tend to use MUH GAYMES as a measure of power and think they're shit because of that 5 less frames in whichever game.
And the expensive meme is pretty much dead in 2017. I got a 2yo mbp on amazon for a third of it's retail price, 9/10 condition. That was 3 years ago and I expect another 3 years out of it.
Who actually shoots all over their computer? Srs question. I hear this recurring meme of "jizz in the keyboard" or whatever and it baffles me. Is this really a thing? Seems like the keyboard would be fucked in no time.

>Who actually shoots all over their computer?
its just a stupid example, a more realistic one would be keyboards full bread crumbs or dry chocolate, because a lot of people eat in front of the computer (which is fine) but don't wash their hands afterwards and use their greasy fingers all over it.

which is ok, but some people are so disgusting that they never clean their machines and over time it gets really dirty and greasy..

Turns out that security researchers have more important things to worry about than the logo on their laptop

>open lid
>lid opens without tipping entire machine back
>no need to peel it open
>no squeaky sound of flexing plastic
>boot up, don't hear a jet engine fan
>low battery? Stick magsafe charger on it - no wiggling around a male connector until it charges
>dark in here? Keyboard backlight adjusts to ambient light
>drivers for every single component provided by apple for windows if you choose to use it
>timeless design that looks good in every setting
>everything is servicable by removing one back panel

/g praise shit apple
what went so wrong?

>Social Engineer Village
they're not techies

>I can't formulate an opinion of my own
>Oh no, how did this happen

OP you're a complete and utter retard. It doesn't matter if you realize what better products are, keep your hands off.

osx < windows < linux < osx

>Why are all these "smart people" using Macs?

Because they're smart?

>Neckbeard who can't handle the thought of being alone once the other neckbeards move on in life.

>T...t...those normies are so stupid am I right guise? I...I...I bet they use Apple products h...h...heh heh

>W...w..we're gonna keep the cringy morbidly obese neckbeard Wangblows PC masterrace R9k circle jerk going r....r...right guise?

>What's with all the Macs?
>I thought Apple products were shit?

Well you see user, when people actually do something with their lives instead of sitting around circle jerking each other about how superior they are to those damn "normies" they usually go and get themselves a thing called a "career." These people who have a career don't have time for playing Vidya gaymes or being fat neckbeard faggots. So they use Apple products which work well and allow them to focus on shit that actually matters in life.

>TL;dr people who have lives typically use Apple products

after 2012 apple went full iphone and is alienating their osx-userbase. macs are now basically addons for iphones, not the other way around and since apple does not give a shit about the creative community anymore they are using the professionals to windows.

>they are sharing the professionals to windows

Nice grammar, Pajeet.

And seriously? You think they're abandoning Mac OS? Tell that to all the devs at Google and countless other tech companies who rely on Mac OS to be a stable environment for literally whatever the fuck they want to do. Despite what your think, Windows is a steaming pile of buggy shit.

Wow if only you could install any os you want on a mac
If only a mac was a computer

Mods please kill this obvious Apple shill thread.

MODS
MODS
MODS

You don't know what he's running as his OS and that's all that matters. There's nothing different from Apple products but it does help you blend in with the normies. Red team pentesters don't have shitty stickers on their laptop that makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

macbook pros are the best built laptops now that lenovo went full chink with the thinkpads.
and the more people who use macs that aren't complete vapid shitheads the better the user base becomes making it more appealing for normal people.

the "creative community", meaning electronic music faggots, are moving to windows because their whole field is over saturated so they're all poor and have to move to acers.

MacOS is Unix-like and less fiddly than Linux. Also, the hardware is nice.

> he doesn't deserve her, she works so hard
You sound like a jealous faggot.

thats me, well i play megaman 2 and fzero, and I got my liscense this year

macs are leet

And you sound like you have mommy issues.

How the fuck did you get all of that bullshit from what I wrote? All I'm saying is the dude needs to get his shit together or his girl is probably gonna leave him. They've broken up like 5 times over the years already.

>TL;Dr the dude needs to stop being an epic le gaymer faggot and get his shit in gear

Apple hardware is complete and utter shit and overpriced. Asthetics and status are their only selling points which is why most people buy them because people are sheep and will use whatever products the people around them use in order to fit in.

As far as Apple software goes this is a trickier question. The Unix base does have certain uses but custimization and adaptability are slim to nonexistent. Its a dumbed down and locked down system designed for people who are tech illiterate. This is a brilliant design choice along with asthetic designs and unique marketing because Steve jobs unlike other real engineers working for apple understood that most cosnumers are mindless retards who need things to be so simple they almost cannot fuck them up. Hence the "it Just Werks!" meme. If you are too stupid to use a normal computer apple is the perfect choice for you. Of course Apple will charge a large premium as a tax for your stupidity.

Even if you want the Apple OS and view it as superior for some reason it would be more intelligent to buy better value hardware elswhere and just install Apple's operating system which is what we call a hackintosh. Its not that hard.

The "no viruses" meme is just that. Macs do get viruses and pretty bad ones to they are only less common because most people use windows so for a hacker writing virus software it makes the most sense to code it for the windows operating system to make it compatible for 90% of all computers instead of the

Thank your for the autistic run on sentence wall of text, Timmy. Now go back to playing CS:GO and getting buttblasted Everytime a grown man calls you a faggot or says they use an Apple product.

>t. mactoddler

Sup Forums isn't smart. Or maybe they're smarter than everyone else in the tech industry. You decide.

>I can't think of a proper argument so I'll just regurgitate what my fellow fat, stinky, neckbeard faggot "friends" say again and again.

Oh I am laffin

2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Rajeesh.

>Sup Forums isn't smart

Yeah that about sums it up right here. That's why there are so many anti Apple faggots here.

>t. mactoddler subhuman

>Mental midget CPU at 100%
>Still can't think of a proper argument.
>Hurrr I'll post a shitty pic of hand picked people who have mental issues and happen to use Apple products.
>We both know these faggots don't represent typical Apple users

C'mon you really need to apply yourself. Your mother and I are getting very worried about your coping skills, user. She even said she wants to get you tested for autism!!

I love gay beastiality.....mostly dogs and horses because of their beautiful cocks. I use Windows, Linux, and Android. I guess that makes me gay huh?

Because the build quality is nice, they don't need a non-dogshit GPU or bleeding-edge specs, and you can easily dual boot Windows.

Honestly I think it's mostly that a Macbook gives you a mobile platform that can run all major OS distros hassle-free. Getting OSX or iOS to run well on any non-Apple platform generally isn't worth the difference in purchase price.

Literally paid street shitters working for Applel PR like you.

See

>small percentage of x population uses macshit
>OMG DEY ALL USIN MACX!!!111

>t. mactoddler

broke up 5 times, he lives at her parents house
>he aint going nowhere

>he ain't going nowhere

I hope so. They're a great couple, but he seriously needs to get his ass in gear. I'm worried she's going to outgrow him if he doesn't wake the fuck up.

I posted it again lol

>game
why don't they just say strategy? are three syllables too much?

His mommy must be so proud. Just like that faggot whose mom told him she was proud he got a chinkpad. Kek

>everything is servicable by removing one back panel

You seen the inside of a new Macbook Pro? No servicing's going to be happening in there.

>he ain't goin nowhere
At least he's not a wizard shitposting about somebody else's relationship on a technology board on an anime website.

Macs don't need to be serviced since they're more reliable.

Awwwww did my post about someone not taking life seriously and playing their retarded le Vidya games strike a chord with you?

I'm sure mommy yells at you everyday to stop wasting your life and get out of the and go get a job. All you have to do is get up and get moving, user. You can do it, we believe in you.

Those weren't my posts, I don't play video games. Go back to facebook and gossip chad

>Chad get out REEEEEEEEEE!

Lol it's so easy to make you tards freak out.

>all these other haxxors at defcon
>using Macs?
EVERYONE knows that you do not bring your actual work equipment to defcon, you only bring what you are willing to accept as able to be destroyed

macs are brought because they are disposable toy things

1/10 post.

Please apply yourself next time.

>writes paragraph responses responding to one liners
>XD they're freaking out
Kek, this is a tech board chad. I think you're lost.

Just leaving this here

>b-but my mac toddlers go suck a dick macfaggot only hipsters use memebooks!!!!
>Sup Forums said i'm only a real hacker if i use a thinkpad...

none of the desktop computers are mac however. they only use macs for what they're good for, note-taking.

>Multiple laptops visible in every image that aren't macbooks
>N-NOTHING TO SEE THERE H-HAHA!

>anecdotal evidence
I still game and I'm doing pretty good. Just got my first apartment and I'm 23.

>social engineering
>phishing
>password manager
Silly normie.

Good for you faggot. Now go sit in your little one bedroom shitbox apartment and waste your life playing Vidya gaymes.

Games are in the lowest teirs ov hobbies

>this city is horrible to drive
Is it Manchester. People say they're the worst

IMO Paris has the worst drivers.

Correct. Why waste time on adventures on a screen when all that time can ne spent on REAL adventures? Gaming is just a lazy way of doing something activ and adventurous. Would you rather play a video game or climb mountains or ride fast vehicles off road. Videogames do not build character or gain anyone real skills. People might remember playing the game but they might not remember the actual experience like they would with something else.

wow he sounds like a fucking retard
that's not the fault of video games, he's just obviously fucking stupid.

that's also not typical at all, how many people like him could you possibly know?

blaming video games for that guy's inability to operate is like blaming spoons for making people fat, or accusing inanimate firearms of murder. Why don't you blame his alcoholism? Oh, because you need a convenient reason to be contrary, of course. Your attitude is just as destructive as your buddy, there.

Smart people usually make more money than the plebeians so it doesn't matter if the computers are overpriced.
They usually also work a lot, so it makes sense that they don't spend a lot of time on configuring their computer and for a lot of fields, osX is better than windows.

But he's being tricked. These companies want people to be losers. There's a trend of men bekoming losers becauz of TV and videogames. There has been no innovation in anything except for leisure. They ar trying to turn men of the west into losers that just stay in their homes. They try to get them into it from young ages too. There's TV shows and videogames that children could spend hours on. We need to get people like him to wake up and see that they have been fooled. Videogames ar designed to make people forget their life. It makes them lose responsibility and their sense of purpose by limited it to game objektivs. They might be losers IRL but they can win all the time from playing in thier pretend world.

Mac
>overpriced
>software limited
>cheap ones are a bunch of crap

PC
>ugly
>bloated
>poor quality

Unix
>limited software
>compatibility issues
>workarounds everywhere

At the end, you'll just go on facebook so it doesn't matter at all

>Why waste time on adventures on a screen when all that time can ne spent on REAL adventures?
money, time, commitments, dangerous infeasibility -- please inform me where I might find a job as an interstellar starship pilot somewhere in your warped reality.

>Gaming is just a lazy way of doing something activ and adventurous.
It's appreciating the artistry, effort, and skill that went into developing a computer program that can simulate a reality and enjoying the discovery of the distinctions and similarities between real life and the game.

>Videogames do not build character or gain anyone real skills.
Unless you are playing a game that intentionally simulates real life, like a driving or flight simulator, which are played by professional and amateur racing drivers and pilots alike. Formula 1 champions play shit like rFactor. You can teach yourself real skills if you play the right games.

>People might remember playing the game but they might not remember the actual experience like they would with something else.
You've only played games where you just Press X to Jason, haven't you? You know there are deeper experiences than the casual trash you keep bringing up.

>But he's being tricked.
no, your buddy is a grade A retard and you haven't played a real video game in your entire life.

>There's a trend of men bekoming losers becauz of TV and videogames.
Oh yeah, the evil tv box that's been turning morons into couch-ridden morons for NINETY YEARS is all of a sudden to blame 'expectilly' now that we got some Jap-boys toy box hooked up to it! Yeah, burn the nintendo, Cleetus! The devil lives in there!

You are a tool of the people who want to keep us all in the dark. YOU are being tricked into not appreciating the art of your generation and culture so that it can be all wiped away without resistance.

I personally know people who learned to read and write fluent English from playing Pokemon. You clearly didn't get that.

>use photos of NASA board and meeting rooms
>meanwhile in mission operations

Macbooks are used because they are light so they are good for taking/reading notes, viewing PDFs etc

Work is done on other machines, including other brands of laptops that actually have power.

Like okay, you may not care about turn left racing, but this guy:

>Has loads of money
>Has gone faster in real life than most human beings will ever dare
>Has a racing license and several race cars
>Plays video games

And look at that smile, he's having _fun_.

Now look, here's Rubens Barrichello, well known for competing at the very highest levels of motorsport, having shit-loads of money, beautiful women literally in his pockets, also about to play some motherfucking video games. The one in the background is the Brazilian racing sim Game Stock Car Extreme, which you can get on Steam and play with an Xbox controller, if you wanted to.

These men have met incredible success in life and yet they still play video games.

I wouldn't use an iPhone or an Apple desktop but MacBook are like the big black dick of laptops you can't even compete with that. Even if you install Windows on top of it it's more virile and masculine than white bois could ever be on an a Gateway or whatever.

oops, here's rubens

>t. mactoddler