Ruby = dead

I was interested of state of Ruby these days considering everyone seems to be going full-on JS.

No wonder, Ruby community seems to be full of disgusting fag-enablers. 8th post of Ruby subreddit is about enabling homosexuals. Not about coding, not hacks, no questions.

A homo symbol. That's Ruby now.

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/jobs?q=ruby&l=
tiobe.com/tiobe-index/ruby/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But it's downvoted.

>0 points
This would get 200 points in /r/rust

but it's not deleted and author banned for offtopic

orly?

Why aren't you programming in the superior lang?

Ruby was only ever popular because of Rails.

Rails has been superseded by Node.js as the hip web framework.

Rails is no longer popular.

hes pretty on point tho.

OwO whats dat?

Just because you use Ruby doesn't mean you have join some lame ass club, become a sjw, or vote for Bernie Sanders. You are free to use Ruby and not tell everyone how much you support lgbtq and, you don't have dye your hair blue and discriminate against straight white cis males.

Ruby is a great scripting language, don't let the social issue jockeys ruin it for you. It's a programming language not a life style choice or political statement.

Ruby is at the backbone of infrastructure as code and configuration management. It's becoming more and more popular with systems folks, and rails is still a great platform for quickly making CRUD apps.

no

Node isn't a framework you fucking retard.

Crystal, it's in alpha right now, it's basically statically typed & compiled Ruby

You are worsening the politicization of software development by overassociating technologies with those who use them. Fuck off.

Through my whole career, I always segregate people into one of the following categories:

> My tools in life provide me with my identity
> My tools in life provide me with possibilities

People in the first group must be compensating for something else missing in their life.
Ideally everyone should fit into the second category and find identity in much more meaningful things

I used to love ruby. But the more I used it, the more I got sick of non-existing respect of backwards compatibility. So fuck it, using mostly python and bash now.

What the fuck am I reading here?

Just checked at a bigger job portal, there are 8 times (!) more Rails jobs than for Django.

And even for pure Ruby: about 19,566
>indeed.com/jobs?q=ruby&l=

Also Ruby got a lot of growth in popularity in the last two years:
>tiobe.com/tiobe-index/ruby/

Last but not least we are all waiting for Ruby3x3, which will is announced for 2019 or 2020 and it will be 3 times as fast as Ruby2. It will blow anything out of the water.

Bottom line:
Ruby is more alive than ever, Rails5 is great and there is a lot of things to expect in the future.

>reddit

Stopped reading here.

>I was interested of state of Ruby these days
user, I want to believe that you weren't genuinely thinking reddit is a good resource to check "the state" of a programming language.

I understand that the vast majority of Sup Forums are either underage or CS students who don't know shit, but you should have at least some basic adequacy to understand that the opinion of Sup Forums (or some subreddits) should by no mean influence your own world-views as listening to someone who doesn't know shit is a generally bad idea.

Nothing will ever be good for you, you'll always find reasons to bitch about.

If you go and actually read that thread, op and their supporters are heavily down voted and called out for trying to create an exclusionary environment. Your sex and sexual preference has no relevance in a Ruby fourum and you'll see most people won't tolerate bullshit like this. Leave your genitals at the door and just focus on the code.

>but it's not deleted and author banned for offtopic
Reddit moderators tend to not be too strict. Even the SJW subs that ban for using slurs only introduced that policy to deal with excessive trolls. So if you spam the ruby subreddit for a week with off-topic LGBT stuff, they might start banning, but until it gets out of control the mods tend not to get too concerned.

/thread

>Last but not least we are all waiting for Ruby3x3, which will is announced for 2019 or 2020 and it will be 3 times as fast as Ruby2. It will blow anything out of the water.

I wonder how they want to do that without introducing JIT compilation...

ruby 3x3 is the project to introduce a jit to ruby

Trendy language of the year which though isn't backed up by any major organization. So doa.