The madmen at Microsoft just baked an game anticheat directly into the windows 10

The madmen at Microsoft just baked an game anticheat directly into the windows 10

>anti-piracy baked in the system in 3, 2, 1.....

source: wccftech.com/game-monitor-anti-cheat-windows-10/

>inb4 system baked-in piracy protection
>ONLY ON UWP GAMES

This kills the Windows.

>Turning this off may limit the games you can play.

Closer and closer to the next Xbox console just being a normal Windows PC.

Watch as it doesn't work just like the supposed "pirated content scanner" that Microsoft claimed it would have.

>Setting that only affects UWP and windows store applications
And nobody cared

>he hasn't switched to Linux
>tfw playing video games with no limits (except how well Wine can run them)

play dota

Holy hell, now this is something. At this point it may be wiser to buy a console and switch to Linux.

Play smite

What are the odds this fucks with mods in singleplayer games?

year of the linux gaming desktop!

>he fell for the gaming on Linux meme

PAJEETWARE WINDOWS IS GOOD

PAJEETWARE WINDOWS IS GREAT

100%

>mfw i dont even use a computer anymore

Good thing I'm switching back to all Apple hardware. Microsoft and their security is a fucking joke.

Not yet but linux is definitely gaining some ground when it comes to the amount of games, though. I'm at least glad that Valve decided to raise a bit of interest in Linux as a gaming platform but they definitely half-assed their push with SteamOS.

>Sup Forums will defend this

Thank you Microsoft. Now whenever some kid says that my operating system of choice has no games, I can reply that it also has no built-in DRM for games.

hwhy in the fuck
most populated mp games already have decent anti chet

this botnet better not be in my future vidya

Another rootkit.

Why would they even want to as long as its offline like skyrim for example. Nobody gives a shot of someone cheats in skyrim.

From one botnet to another. Wise choice.

what the fuck are you talking about
CSGO is a shitshow, and don't get me started on MMOs

Do you honestly believe microwang could produce a better anticheat?
Fun fact: You can flat out hide MmGetPhysicalMemoryRanges in Windows 7, making your cheats 10/10 undetectable.

>introducing Windows X
>it's Windows 10 but pared down to just basic resource management, directx 9/11/12, anti cheat and crash telemetry
>Xbox/360/One emulator built in
>comes with a bunch of controller drivers, live store app, steam pre-installed
>cheaper than home edition standalone
>"xbox" label now refers to midrange preassembled pcs with this os, Microsoft version of the steam machine
why haven't they done this yet?

>windows 10

Windows 10 Enterprise ltsb doesn't have this problem ;^)

>idk what pared down means

this could actually be a good business move.

You sure about that? WIndows 10 in its entirety is a botnet, ignoring any anti-botnet countermeasures you make, and the moment you actually block it successfully at a router-level the shit hits the fan and the OS ceases to work.

LTSB isn't any different, user.

That guy was a moron who fucked up multiple settings and then was surprised when it didn't work as he expected.

That said, if we're going to take him as an authority, if you check his tweets even he claims that LTSB isn't doing anything nefarious. The tweets in your pic were about Windows 10 Enterprise, which is different from LTSB (and is a cancerous mistake).

LTSB can't even run UWP out of the box.

Enterprise != Enterprise ltsb
Also, I never said it's not a botnet. Ltsb doesn't have forced automatic updates though, and I highly doubt it would come with some bullshit "game monitor" even if you did install the 2018 version.

you have to buy the mods, you pirate :^)

Holy fuck lads this is why everyone needs to switch to Linux and complete steam hardware surveys etc. so that there's a considerable Linux userbase.
Soon Microsoft will start paying AAA devs to only release on their Windows approved safe space and they'll agree because they want the money and "no one plays games on linux lul" and then PC gaming will be dead.

>2017 Microsoft Studios titles
Who cares?

>he fell for the "windows is the only option for gaming" meme

Good.

Cheaters deserve to get fucked in every way they can.

GNU/Linux + PlayStation = comfiest setup

>implying there's anything worth playing outside of Steam, GOG, or old CD games
it's literally fucking nothing

>steam pre-installed
But how would they earn their windows store shekels then

MS already pays game devs to release only for Windows.

HOLY SHIT WAS RIGHT

QQ moar

Merge windows and live store
>the reason game devs don't support Linux is bribes not the fact only 2% of desktops use it

literally an excuse to log your gaming, mine it and sell it to devs

>the reason only 2% of desktops use it is that only 2% of desktops use it

>2% of the desktops
is this the reverse holocaust

>liking babby hand controllers
sorry, xbox 360 and up did do controllers correctly. even the original xbox S controller was more comfortable than the PS controller.

>fucked up placement of D-pad
>better

xbox controllers were disgusting for a very long time, retard. They didn't start getting comfy until recently. Now it's to the point where it doesn't really matter if you use an Xbox or PS controller.

Welcome to 2003 and up, the D-pad isn't really used for anything anymore. Shooters, driving games, MMOs, everything except fighters is better with analog sticks.

Just turn it off.

Good fuck I there are so many fucking cheaters. Its all games that require skill with your hands and not your brains like RTS's and to a lesser extent Sports and Moba games. The whole thing is that It takes a while to make cheats for a game so games that are alive for a long time like most Steam multiplayer games there is enough time to polish off cheats that cant be detected on steam or other types of multiplayer game servers. Eat me

>steam pre-installed
that would never happen. they want to get rid of steam since it's their competitor.

My god when will Microsoft make a product worth a single shit

Why do they even exist, they're completely and utterly worthless. Would they go bankrupt it would only mean better things

Xbone is essentially running Windows 10

worse girl

>he doesnt play pirated eroge on his PC

Just checked and LTSB doesn't have the Game Monitor shit, nor the Game Bar and all of that other crap.

this trash is in the insiders build

>Windows x
>Not calling it The WindX

>windows gives two fucks about client machines

All this parania when all they care about is businesses buying their products...

Windows 10 was free. The only way to profit from that is by selling the information they gather from the user.

it will :^)

>linuxshills out in full force today
sad!

>being this desperate
POO

Literally a matter of months before somebody cracks the anticheat.

Wasn't that the point of xbox? bringing the PC experience to consoles

How does it ceases to work? Like, does it gets stuck in a loop of trying to send data and goes BSOD?

>>Xbox/360/One emulator built in
I don't think it needs to emulate any of these, user. Much less One.

I know this isn't really the place for it, but how will does wine on a basic ass distro like Ubuntu handle games? Like how close could I expect it to be to running it on windows? Literally gaming and virtual machines are the only thing right now keeping me from seeing my desktop and laptop to Linux..

>how will does wine on a basic ass distro like Ubuntu handle games?
The distro really shouldn't make much of a difference here, apart from how up to date Wine is on it. A bleeding edge distro like Arch will have a more recent version of Wine, which I find tends to work better.

The other major factor is graphics drivers, if you have an Nvidia card. Nouveau is basically unusable when it comes to video games.

>Like how close could I expect it to be to running it on windows?
If the game's running DirectX, it will be a lot slower through Wine. This will mainly be CPU bottlenecked. Some games also stutter a lot while shaders are loading for the first time. GTA4 was initially extremely stuttery, but about 2 hours into playing the stuttering was mostly gone. Then the new GTA4 patch came out last november, which broke the game for me on Windows and Linux.

Older games typically work reasonably through Wine; the performance will be bad, but usually not unplayable on a decent CPU. Some games will just refuse to work. GTA5 just refuses to run under wine, for me.

If your hardware supports it PCIe passthrough on a VM is also an option.

The 360 would definitely need an emulator.

hilarious, i bet Sup Forumseddit is loving it

if your library consists of purely valve games you'll be fine, otherwise enjoy garbage performance and glitches with wine. but that really is the least of it, free software sucks ass

Why would it need an emulator, isn't it all x86?

360 is PowerPC, they'd still probably need emulators for the other two, having the same architecture doesn't mean you don't need an emulator. I can't run PlayStation games on my MIPS hardware without an emulator, for example.

>if your library consists of purely valve games you'll be fine
There are plenty of other games that run natively on Linux. Since Unity and Unreal 4 are cross platform, most recent Indie games work on Linux.

>microsoft doesn't let you manipulate your RAM now
the madmen

Will go down as well as "Games for Windows Live". Why do they bother... windows isn't an xbox.

You'd only need to emulate the BIOS and architecture specific shit, and translate the GPU commands to a standard api

They haven't deployed the pirqcy scanner yet, but the patent cleared so it should be any day now. Just be sure not to download that upda- oh right.

but that "piracy" scanner is just something that scans for pirate uploads to their cloud service shit (forgot the name of it).

Sup Forums making a mountain out of a molehill yet again.

>tfw the only AC that matters to me uses MmGetPhysicalMemoryRanges to find potential cheats anyway

Yes they have. It's used in the Xbox One, not intended for Windows 10 PCs.

>his kernel doesnt have VIDEO GAME ANTI CHEATING SOFTWARE

linux cycks btfo

>being so shit at games that you have to cheat at online multiplayer

>being so shit that you can't make your own aimbot

still with muh windows 7 :^)

>Not intended for
After all these years you still think Microsoft knows where to stop

I stopped playing games when I switched to Linux. Nothing of value was lost. And it was time to move on anyway since retards were beginning to use Discord.

Linux doesn't have this problem. Enjoy your microdick shoved in your areshole

CSGO runs on Linux
VAC does not work on Linux
This means hackers will come to Linux

>implying I need cheat to play eroge

Microsoft want to take away native code all together.

If a user tries to run ANY unsigned native code on Windows 10 the user gets a nag that implies that they'll die if they run the program. The nag also does make it obvious how to bypass the nag. (pic related)

Microsoft justify this annoying restriction of freedom by calling it `security' but in real Microsoft know the average user will be scared and confused when they see this nag and probably won't run the application.

Microsoft hope to force developers instead to NOT publish native applications but instead publish as UWP Apps on the Windows store.

UWP apps DO NOT have access to native windows APIs and run inside a Sandbox. Giving Microsoft an effective lockdown over what code runs on a users pc, iPhone style.

Windows 10 is a joke. Microsoft is a joke. Just fucking lol @ all the children who justify using it on Sup Forums

does not make it obvious*