no

DOA

Watch Linus xD

don't ask for the impossible

Blatant overkill to cash in on the "enthusiast" market

JUST DELIDâ„¢ MY SHIT UP the CPU

>$2000
>Heatspreader is glued to PCB

Since low end and high end i7s have a noticeable gap in power versus low and high end i5s, the best i7s that would be released next year are now renamed i9 to categorize the powerhouse CPUs

just watch the Linus video. He's PISSED.
I don't really care though, I've always used AMD because of their price. Now they've BTFO of Intel, feels good bro.

this is great. how can intel ever recover

Linus is a hack with little hardware knowledge.

Regardless of his ineptitude, Intel is doing a lot of stupid shit with this release.

Rushed and poorly planned housefire

It's basically stripped down and gimped Xeons that Intel had to rush to market to compete with Threadripper.

its shit

>watch an e-celebrity on youtube

No thanks.

Garbage.

So it's too good?

Here's the lineup

It's mayonnaise.

Too good for enthusiasts. Just good enough for power users.

An off-the-shelf xeon that's been kneecapped twice.

All I have so far:
>$2000
>18-core chip has 2.7ghz base, 3.4ghz boost over just 6 cores, expect 4.0+ on just two.
>165W TDP; AIO recommended stock
>hardware DRM for RAID support
>Mayonnaise instead of solder
>44 PCI-E lanes only from $1000+ chips
>feature set all over the place due to wide range of CPUs
>early benchmarks show terrible performance for the specs, voltage spikes massive with frequency.
>release is half a year away

AMD's TR is simply objectively better in every metric and you'll actually be able to buy one.

But MY SINGLE CORE TURBO

>Those i5 7640x and i7 7740x

So you telling me Intel want to sell a $200+ Motherboard with $250 and $340 Dollar 4 Core CPU's.

Does Ryzen require Windows 10 like the new Intel ones do?
I do not want to stop using 7.

You can use anything you want but you won't get updates by Microosft.
If you disabled them then no problem.

i though they alteast soldered them, but nope same shitty tim, exactly the same cpu's, just on more expensive chipset

>how can intel ever recover

There's been a few issues with Ryzen on Windows 7 at launch, but you can now fix all of them pretty easily. It's perfectly usable.

Idiots
Never
Tell
Elegant
Lies

Here, if you plan on doing a fresh install. The main issue is USB drivers not working out the box.

Shit, by the looks of it. I guess Skylake based Xeons are the only way to go if you don't want a raisin cpu.

Or you know, just integrate them into iso file once and for all of your future installations.

Yet another reason I always keep a PS/2 in the closet.

>mfw I use the PS/2 exclusively for masturbation

Hardware DRM module to access certain RAID levels... Now that's just straight-up anti-consumer right there.

Rushed, overpriced, house fire bullshit from Intel. 18 core is coming way after the other ones.

AMD's Threadripper is coming very soon and will destroy the i9's asscheeks upon release. Price per performance will always be the most important. Intel's shocked.

Jesus Christ when did you become Sup Forums?

Raid 5 is going to cost you another 500 shekels goy. We can't let over-gouged server customer think we gave you a deal.

We are AMD marketing team
We are LEGION
WE DO NOT FORGIVE
WE DO NOT FORGET
EXPECT US

This is the 18 core Xeon the top end i9 will be based on. 16 core Threadripper is expected to match or beat it's cinebrunch score (est. 3100-3200) for half the price.

Fuck off retard Intel is literally spilling spaghetti all over the fucking floor.

MOAR COREZ is their fucking anwser to AMD BTFO them.

for 2X THE PRICE GOY!!

Jeezes fucking christ Intel is jewing themselves out of business.

Sad!

But most tasks are still single core these days.

1. That's boolsheet
2. HEDT is all about more cores and PCIe lanes

It will cost over a thousand dollars just like threadripper. The threads you see are all a part of a viral campaign.

PLS BUY INTEL. PLSSSSSS

I'll be surprised if 16 core TR costs much more than $1000. Intel's pricing has already been revealed, though.

>almost half the lineup is unknown
You can't make this shit up.

Good ol' Sup Forums shitposting when technology actually starts to make progress...

They slapped that shit on the menu when AMD announced Threadraper was going to have 16 cores. Pure reactionary panic move.

i ahte intel so much for adding 7640 and 7740 to X series, while they dont have of the X series features? Where is the QUAD SUPPORT??? THATS A FUCKING MAJOR FEATURE OF WHY YOU BUY 300 DOLARINO MOBOS.

Why would you even get a xeon? Skylake x cpus ARE rebranded xeons just for cheaper and threadripper will btfo them

I'm willing to bet they came out with this launch without even consulting their engineers, then went to them and were like, "So you can ship this right?" to which the engineers replied, "Lol no what the fuck are you smoking? This'll take years to develop." Which is why they have absolutely no specs available.

Threadripper has an estimated price of 959$. Double of 1800x

They're going to be rebadged Xeons. See

I - we
N- fucked
T- ourselves
E- over
L- by underestimating our competitors but instead of trying to compensate we're gonna shit ourselves and release emergency editions of our shit processors

>Pajeet rides eternal, shinny and chrome.

Literally this.

Angry Team Red fanboys, but I guess you can't spell "mad" without A M D.

Rushed response to successful Ryzen CPUs that they were too arrogant to think would succeed.

omg same

Butthurt levels approaching critical.

I find it amazing that a company like Intel are tripping up and rushing shit THIS badly, they announced things that they can't even indicate TDP for. They must be fucking sweating at Intel's HQ. I hope with the fact they they made Thunderbolt open and royalty free that AMD implement it so nobody has any reason to ship any product with Intel CPUs. Ryzen is more efficient across the board and also cheaper, its a no brainer.

You boot from PS/2?

kek

they were selling hyperthreading cards on 2010 to force you to buy one so that could use the HT on prebuilts..

A wrist of money

>mfw another new socket

Wow AMD paid a lot of money for a E-Celebrity to schill them that no one cares for.

it's garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=-AxZofbMGpM

seems kinda relevant

Holy shit.

DELID THIS!

Overpriced pile of trash.