/nrg/ - Nyaa Replacements General

Previous This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer, and other nyaa alternatives.
The aim of this project is to write a fully featured nyaa.se replacement in golang that anyone will be able to deploy locally or remotely.

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

Links
>pastebin.com/40aFT7CN

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Most likely because the team is deploying changes. Wait for a bit and refresh the page. It should be mostly stable now.

News
>AniDex and .si scrapers are done (deployment soon)
>Elastic search is fixed and has been optimized
>Trying to ensure pantsu uptime (over 90% now)
>Possible AniDB integration (shanaproject like)
>Working on CSRF protection
>Improving SEO
>Adding auto-refreshing
>Theme fix up is still ongoing (made more consistent)
>Sessions no longer expire when we restart
>Actual config files
>More mod tools
>Deployment script updates
>Various bug fixes and general improvements

Dev live server:
>dev.pantsu.cat

Database dumps:
>nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps

Local Client:
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at
>nyanner.net
qBittorrent plugin for Pantsu.
>github.com/4chenz/pantsu-plugin

Development roadmap:
>trello.com/b/gMJBwoRq/nyaa-pantsu-cat-roadmap

NyaaPantsu Status:
>status.pantsu.cat
>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

netelligent.ca/
hostkey.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

akuma06: I need you

>broken shit general

Serious question why is this weeb sissy shit allowed here on Sup Forums.

because it's made by people from this board. You can telll because they have no idea what they're doing with code.

Because you are a reddit cuck.

These threads are absolute cancer for not including nyaa.si

Put your trip back on Jaka

And continuing to lie about their code being free.

nyaa.si is just as much cancer. Both sites fucking suck and are amnned by incompetent faggots

ewhal closed pull request #920: HTML5 Compliancy
00:43 Rotini ewhal pushed 1 new commits to dev
00:43 Rotini (b14933a) HTML5 Compliancy (#920) * One error * Another error
00:43 Rotini ewhal closed pull request #917: Update Japanese translation
00:43 Rotini ewhal pushed 1 new commits to dev
00:43 Rotini (6d627f0) Update Japanese translation (#917) * Update ja-jp.all.json * Update ja-jp.all...
00:44 Rotini ewhal closed pull request #913: Clean mafuyu.svg
00:44 Rotini ewhal pushed 1 new commits to dev
00:44 Rotini (341bb5c) Clean mafuyu.svg (#913) * Clean mafuyu.svg * Update mafuyu.svg
00:44 Rotini ewhal closed pull request #916: Reindex table for sukebei and nyaa (Fix #914)
00:44 Rotini ewhal closed issue #914: Reindexing uses same table for both sukebei and nyaa
00:44 Rotini ewhal pushed 1 new commits to dev
00:44 Rotini (ace214b) Reindex table for sukebei and nyaa (Fix #914) (#916)

P A N T S U D E V I S A W A K E

Yeah they are not objective, but that doesn't matter since the difference between both sites is as if Cricket was pretending that AT&T doesn't exist. The real issue is that the threads have no valuable information. There are many a day and there are barely a couple news a week; if they're made by the staff then they're just doing it to stay relevant, and if they're made by users it makes no sense, since they don't have access to insider info. Regarding the discussion it's the same issue; there's nothing new to say, only 300+ posts of pointless circlejerking and shitposting. The project started here and replacing Nyaa had to be done, but it is already done; When are the threads stoping? Will we still have them in a year? Nyaa has already been replaced and the proper channel to spread the occasional news is Twitter, requiring only two tweets a week instead of 20 threads. This shit is retarded, but thankfully some mods are already open to the idea of banning it. Hopefully soon.

more like they're boh cricket and at&t is anidex

>barely a couple news a week
I've seen this same broken ESL before. For someone who claims to not like the threads you sure post in them a lot.

>This shit is retarded, but thankfully some mods are already open to the idea of banning it. Hopefully soon.
Source?

I seriously can't wait until these cancerous threads are gone.

>the threads have no valuable information
That's just bullshit, they have a shitton of valuable info, not to mention a stable stream of lulz.

>reddit spacing
>talking about cancer

At least nyaa.si works all the time, and when it doesn't they give reasons like the server moving maintenance the other day. They might be shitlords but if they run a better website does it really matter? As an end user are you actually affected by any of this shit? I'm willing to bet you aren't. And you will end up using it just like you used nyaa.se despite mostly the same people being behind nyaa.se as well. You people are all talk honestly.

where's your gif

Nyanpasu~, motherfuckers.

So why is pantsu down this time? Would be nice to be able to get shit.

Works for me!
Though new plain text design kinda sucks.

Well, at least it does something for you.

Works on my machineā„¢

Why is every host outside of us/eu openly crap or fine letter crap. Found an Indian one with Swiss servers that would suspend your account with no refund if your CPU usage was over 1% average or over 25% for more than 5 minutes.

What location are you after? I can make some suggestions.

Too many japs.

Anything outside of eu/us/ru/ca with decent connectivity that offers real 4tb+ bandwidth for ~35$/month max other hardware specs not that important could do with around 100gb storage.

this happened to me some hours ago.

press CTRL-F5
is gone

flush DNS can help too.

cloudfare "valparaiso" server gives me a lot of errors for no reason

Excluding ru and ca kinda kills off the options beyond US/EU. Maybe DigitalOcean Singapore? Most local ISPs in the APAC area for example won't have 4TB+ bandwidth for that price area.

I can't find a torrent for Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni. nor can i find a stream, can somebody help me out please.

AniDB says it hasn't been subbed yet.

Considered digitalocean but since they are still a us company they'd probably shut me down at first dmca for nyaa like content.

Yeah. I'm not sure why you are excluding RU/CA since they would be decent destinations I'd think.

>practically EVERYTHING but the most recent , most popular releases have 0 seeders
>even old popular torrents have 0 seeders

That's because for years everyone just relied on nyaa's tracker. Since it no longer exists those torrents will show zero seeds. There still might be seeds though, they'll just come from DHT instead.

This is pretty bad, I'm honestly just considering streaming at this point.

All the cool kids have Crunchyroll accounts.

Too bad none of the COOL kids have flash

Even pre-Nyaa.se shoah torrents of super popular shit like Memesuba and SnK have 0 seeders now, and not just on the site's stats, 0 seeders for real. How come?

Ru has been cracking down on torrent sites lately, could still go for them and just move if/when they shut me down. Similar case for Canada. Any particular host you'd recommend on those?

Because they try to connect to Nyaa's tracker and can't. Some of them pick up seeds from DHT. Of course, some uploaders would disable DHT for whatever retarded fucking reason (Sad Panda torrents are notorious for this and will be the next huge clusterfuck) so those are completely fucking dead.

>he isn't on a private tracker
LMAOing

seeding is a pain in the ass.

If you are doing anime stuff nyaa.se used to run out of netelligent.ca/ in Canada. For Russia you are a bit out of luck for English speaking options. hostkey.com/ might be alright. But the "good" RU options require connections and Russian speaking ability.

That tracker shit is a huge flaw, is it even necessary?

People stop seeding, or maybe disabled DHT.

Yeah it's why DHT exists in the first place. But there are inevitably people that are stuck on stupid and:

1. Want to rack up points in their secret club (see Sad Panda) so they turn off DHT and only put the tracker with their user hash in the torrent.
2. Are paranoid about DHT and turn it off because they're are dumb.
3. Don't put backup trackers because they are dumb.
4. Don't put backup trackers because they want their tracker to be some retarded exclusive shit (see BakaBT when it was semi-public or any private tracker)

Then when their single point of failure eventually fails everyone just runs around panicking. Seriously, just wait until Sad Panda's tracker goes down it's going to be fucking hilarious and tragic.

brb, going on a sadpanda downloading spree.

>Then when their single point of failure eventually fails everyone just runs around panicking
Just imagine a fakku-wani panic ramped up to eleven.
[spoiler]I've been saving any and everything i like that i can get my hands on, i probablt got most of the translated wani works[/spoiler]

>redditfrog

Kill yourself.

What's wrong with nyaa.si?

It sounds like nazi.

Is it really necessary go through the same thing every fucking thread?

I have 300 favorites, babby tier I know, what's the best way to get them all?

Yes if you retards keep replying.

ok torrent bros

why can't I seed on bakabt. I have these torrents sitting here "seeding" but nothing happens. I have my port open (if it matters), but it like rarely ever seeds. I've had these torrents on for weeks and have seeded only a couple gigs each torrent. I'm willing to just sit here and seed all night but what's the point if it isn't gonna pick up

using utorrent 2.2.1

Torrent the hell out of them, those that doesn't buy with credits.
Those that aren't in sadpanda anymore use google but chances are that most of what you want would be on nhentai otherwise it's pure elbow grease.

And don't forget to make back ups, i'm paranoid so i made a back up of the back up, might even make a back up of the backup backup once SSDs get cheaper

Do you have autism? If so, probably an infinite list of things. If not, probably nothing, especially since it actually works 99% of the time.

So did nyaa.se, if you are going to slur pronunciations, nevermind that pronouncing a TLD is full retard already. Also, the owner seems to be a communist anyway as .si is for Slovenia, a communist state.

I think nyaa.si is better since it's handled by the old nyaa.se guys. Closer to the original.

I think the guys who made pantsu got really upset about nyaa.si devs for some bizarre reason. They refuse to list in their general and get unbelievably pissy if you ask about it. I don't know what the point of having a "Nyaa Replacement General" is if you don't list any replacements except for your pet project though.

I used to think that pantsu was the best but they're into form over function now.

You do know what happens to the old nyaa.se, right?

you don't back up the back up, you have 2 back ups. See, if your back up of the back up fails, its back up is actually where you took it from! So, it wasn't a back up of the back up, but the other way around, but you wouldn't really know. It is wrong to call it anything but "back up" and then refer to the number of "back ups" you have.

Is this a repost from Reddit? I can't tell 100% but it reads like one.

not really, these threads don't have valuable information at all.

Yeah lets give everything back to the people running nyaa.se who took literally no precautions and had absolutely no disaster recovery plan in the event the site went down. Great group of folks to entrust the new site to. Grand idea.

How can you be part of this pet project nyaa pantsu for studying purposes?

Why do you think replacements needed?

thank you nerds of Sup Forums for making a non nyaazi alternative

Nobody wants to let the incompetents who let nyaa.se die fuck things up again so it's only a natural course of action.

They have an API for scraping if you want. So clearly they are making real efforts to be better than nyaa.se was. But you wouldn't know that would you, since you live inside your convenient reality.

Also, nyaa.se was wholly owned and operated by one person, he made the decision to take everything with him, no Nyaa mods had a say one way or another.

novogara. EU-based servers but the company is registered in seychelles. libgen is hosted there.
otherwise use ovh / hetzner and hide your backend IP behind cloudflare.

Yeah they're making "efforts" now. I still don't see database dumps either.

But that's besides the point. A large number of nyaa.si staff was involved with nyaa.se. And they had ZERO recovery procedures in place. They should be fucking embarrassed. If it weren't for random anons giving them DB dumps they wouldn't have been able to recover at all. That's how unprepared they were. But we're supposed to just brush that under the rug right? No, fuck that, they're incompetent.

>no Nyaa mods had a say one way or another
Oh? So in all the years they were moderating they just shouldered everything on one person? And they never had the foresight to ask themselves what would happen if he disappeared or died one day?

Seriously, I can't imagine how fucking stupid you'd have to be to not take some measures yourself. Random anons on the internet were more prepared for nyaa.se dying than its own staff.

FUCKING FIX YOUR SHIT WHAT THE FUCK

How on earth does a subdomain named "tracking" indicate they are spying on their users!?

nyaa.pantsu.cat apparently has too many problems to be considered a stable replacement. this new nyaa is supposedly made by members of the community that are very experienced and is officially going to be used by HorribleSubs which is one of the major subbing groups.

Yeah nyaa.si is run by the same people that shouldered everything on one person as a single point of failure and let nyaa.se die. Lets go use their site.

An API is just as good as db dumps, it permits scraping easily, and in a more immediately usable format than a DB dump would be. Shows what you know I guess.
Also see:
nyaa.se was ran by said person for over 10 years, and being a mod there was a voluntary in the form of just moderating content. Not a single one of them had the capability to do any more than said anons you mention. I don't see why you think the mods were required to do something barely anyone else wanted to do. And just by the fact a lot of the old staff are endorsing/working with nyaa.si clearly means they weren't happy with the decision either. You seem to not understand that being a mod was a more community based position, it came with no access.

>I can't imagine how fucking stupid you'd have to be
It's easy, just look into the mirror. You'll see a huge idiot there.

Why would mods need to care about backup and other shit? Majority of those people were simply fansubbers with very little experience in programming. Why are you not making Sup Forums alternative right now in case hiroyuki sells it to NSA and FBI?

>An API is just as good as db dumps
No, it's not. An API means someone needs to go write a scraper. Meanwhile I already have a recent backup of NyaaPantsu, and I got it by clicking a button.

>Not a single one of them had the capability to do any more than said anons you mention.
That's not the point. The point is that they moderated the site for those TEN YEARS and didn't bother to ask themselves what will happen if Nyaa is hit by a bus. That's incompetency.

This goy gets it. Mods at nyaa.se were more often than not just fansubbers and had no capability to do any backups or scraping than you did. If we are passing blame around for not "being prepared" you are just as faulty as the nyaa mods, and as is everyone else that sat around in comfort thinking that nyaa.se was reliable because it had been around for 10 years.

>That's not the point. The point is that they moderated the site for those TEN YEARS

Almost none were around for that total time. Also if we are passing blame around everyone gets a share, because you didn't prepare either.

>No, it's not. An API means someone needs to go write a scraper.
This isn't even hard, but something tells me you think it is an astronomical feat.

>Meanwhile I already have a recent backup of NyaaPantsu, and I got it by clicking a button.
I bet you can't even use it.

>Why would mods need to care about backup and other shit?
Why would they dedicate their time to a site they didn't care about?

>Why are you not making Sup Forums alternative right now in case hiroyuki sells it to NSA and FBI?
I'm not backing up Sup Forums because I think it should be ephemeral. As for what will happen if hiroyuki goes AWOL, I actually have written an imageboard already as a personal project so yes I could spin up a replacement.

>netherlands server based in Seychelles and takes bitcoin
That sounds pretty good.
hostkey has some really good offers they appear to be based on eu but their allowed content only mentions Russian law.

>Almost none were around for that total time. Also if we are passing blame around everyone gets a share, because you didn't prepare either.
Actually I did, even though I wasn't staff and I was completely unrelated. I scraped the entirety of the site after it came back from one of its major outages. I didn't leave the scraper running though, and never archived Sukebei. So while I had some foresight I could have done better. But then again, I almost never used Nyaa at all, unlike it's retarded staff that most likely used it on a daily basis and never prepared any sort of disaster recovery plan.

You seem really intent on blaming people who may not have even been capable of doing anything as they were mostly just fansubbers and may not have had the technical ability to do anything. You sure you don't have a personal grudge in this? Because it sure sounds like it. Complacency was a shared flaw for the community as a whole, nobody thought the worst would happen, was that a mistake? Sure, is it directly any single person's fault beyond Nyaa(owner)? Probably not.

And someone else scrapped the whole nyaa.se and sukebei part and literally nothing was lost. We had backups and replacement tools/sites in less than a week.
So why are you sperging in this thread?

>nyaa.si is handled by the old nyaa.se guys
>nyaa.se owned and operated by a single person that take everything with him
>nyaa.se guys doesn't know shit besides fansubbing
Something doesn't click.

More sites the better.
We'll just scrape from all of them and provide you with db dumps and scraping api.
If you don't like one use another one.
We'll continue working to the goal of a distributed nyaa anyway.
>Nyaa.si scraping api requires an account

I report issues in this thread cause I don't use github.

>>nyaa.se guys doesn't know shit besides fansubbing
How are they running .si then?

The missing part here is that people who do know shit are now involved in nyaa.si. There are no less than 4 people with DB access. Any single one could prevent what happened with nyaa.se. And there is a public API, so anyone can scrape easily. If this isn't an improvement I don't know what is.

>Nyaa.si scraping api requires an account
Don't shitpost Elliot, everyone knows it is better than nothing. Why not fix your own issues instead of shitposting?

Please continue reporting issues user.
We'll continue to do our best to keep improving the site and the code base.
Every report actually helps a lot.
I agree it's better than nothing and I've already requested that they remove auth from the scraping api.

Then why the blatant shitposting about it? Almost as if you don't want competition after all. Nice agenda there pal.

>and literally nothing was lost.
Except for a huge amount of Sukebei and the seeds for the vast majority of torrents.

Hey, I don't know.
I'm not the one saying that.
See >The missing part here is that people who do know shit are now involved in nyaa.si.
Are they the same people that let nyaa.se dies without any recovery procedures though?

>There are no less than 4 people with DB access.
Lets not forget that those four people are harvesting the IP addresses of all the uploaders on the site.

Because I can shitpost about unfixed issues sites have.
If more people tell them that it's shit then they'll be more likely to remove it as well.
Every new nyaa replacement should have an easily usable scraping api.
Scraping from anidex is really shitty at the moment.
Anyway I post here when I'm not busy fixing stuff with the site.

Wait, we have a tracker?