>2017
>CCCP is dead
>KCP is dead

Is it best to just use vanilla MPC-HC to playback muh animus?

inb4 mpv

Other urls found in this thread:

nibl.co.uk/bots.php
diff.pics/2LlvhMKcad2W/1
ixirc.com/
diff.pics/lRp8gSTrxJH3/1
mpc-hc.org/
sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/
diff.pics/
gist.github.com/igv/
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-no-border
github.com/Argon-/mpv-config/blob/master/mpv.conf
github.com/wm4/mpv-scripts/blob/master/auto-profiles.lua
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You strike me as a VLC kinda guy

>cccp
bloat
>kcp
bloat

Just use mpchc with mad vr.

MPC-HC+LAV Filters+MadVR is the way to go

M8 lav filters have been integrated into mpchc for like 2 years.

>not using mpv

Just use MPC-HC with madVR

so true

>KCP is dead
? Last update was this week.

CCCP is not dead, its just devs dont want to push rc releases as final versions.

>111MB is bloat
must suck being a poorfag

Yeah just ignore the mpv shills. It never ceases to amaze me how many pathetic people there are on Sup Forums who use an inferior and more inconvenient media player on windows.

>It never ceases to amaze me how many pathetic people there are on Sup Forums who use an inferior and more inconvenient media player on windows.
Yeah, why don't those people switch to mpv?

You know what else is dead?

MPC-HC

If you're not using mpv by now, you're doing it wrong

>he's this dedicated to shilling for a media player

>Can't even navigate between items in the same folder by default
>You actually have to add that ability in via config files
>Still doesn't have seekbar thumbnails in the year 2017

CHALLENGE: produce an mpv upscale as sharp with as little noise/artifacting as this MadVR upscale. Source file is [Doki]_Yuru_Yuri_-_07v2_(1280x720_h264_BD_AAC)_[DF080EE5] which can be found at nibl.co.uk/bots.php

Several anons attempted and failed in the last mpv thread.

came in like a kekking ball

Here's a source image for those who don't want to download the whole episode. Also, you must post repeatable mpv settings to qualify for this challenge.

This. NGU AA is a vastly superior upscaling algorithm to anything mpv can use right now. mpv is good for toasters, though, as it's less intensive with equivalent settings than MadVR.

MPC-HC had a new version released in March 2017. It's not dead.

>no youtube-dl support
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>there are actually people who don't have JDownloader2

does it let you stream videos from hundreds of sites with mpc-hc?

You can stream directly to MPC-HC/MadVR with Livestreamer. I've used it to make poor quality soccer streams watchable with NGU AA, which is way better for poor sources than anything mpv can use.

>download manager
>in the year 2017

Let me guess, you also use IRC and screensavers, too?

diff.pics/2LlvhMKcad2W/1

try livestreamer/streamlink

Actually, yes, I still use IRC to download anime, as I'm American and IRC doesn't place my IP address on a tracker for anti-P2P companies to harvest.

doesnt support as many sites
youtube-dl is much better

Considering JDownloader2 usually downloads even the largest Youtube videos in a matter of seconds, there's little to zero functional difference between it and youtube-dl.

>>cccp
>bloat

so it can stream to mpc-hc and be able to seek?

xdcc right

how do you do your searches for episodes, i want to switch my torrent based series downloader to just use xdcc behind the scenes

nibl.co.uk/bots.php is the largest available collection of bots searchable via a packlist. Aside from that, if I see a release I want and it's not on that website, I'll generally use a search engine to check whether the subbing group who made the release I desire has their own IRC channel with bots and a packlist, as they often do. For example, I recently downloaded all of seasons 1 and 2 of K-ON from Chihiro's IRC channel, as their K-ON 720p release is the highest quality release available.
For games I usually search on ixirc.com/ as well as various search engine results for the search xdcc search.

madvr retards btfo, stay on you inferior mpc+memevr

Congratulations, mpv can produce an equally blurry result as an improperly configured MadVR. Call me when you can complete the challenge here:

mpv easily won that last thread

t.mpvdev
Every mpv screenshot posted was either much blurrier or much noisier.

Sup Forums is strongly biased towards mpv and will never give MadVR a fair evaluation because mpv is FOSS and MadVR is not.

true and also because mpv is windows only

er madvr is windows only

mpc-be.
mpc-hc fails at 4k h265.

mpc-hc*

t.faggot
>mpv users prove me wrong that you can improve the still of this shit animay using this release. I am the one judge on what looks better. PROVE ME WRONG.

>Get's proven wrong on several accounts. Refuses to take the fedora off and accept that MPV is superior.

>he bought a meme resolution display before the 4k standard is even finalized

why do i need newer codecs than my 3yo ones

Post the screenshot and repeatable mpv settings which supposedly fit the criteria laid down by the challenge You will be assumed to be fabricating your claims if you do not.

PotPlayer master race

Has someone compiled comparisons of MPC-HC+madVR vs mpv? I'd love to see downscaling, downscaling, interpolation, etc. on both. I don't have a choice on Lincuck and have grown to love mpv, but I'd like to see if it's a better choice than the competition.

>mpv users prove me wrong that you can improve the still of this shit animay using this release. I am the one judge on what looks better. PROVE ME WRONG.

This.
>shit anime
Hi Sup Forums

It's objectively worse at upscaling, but equivalent at everything else and less demanding than MadVR with equivalent settings. Its subtitle renderer is also superior (faster) to xysubfilter or MPC's internal renderer. MadVR is better for nice PCs and mpv is better for toasters.
NGU AA + adaptive sharpen + crispen edges + denoising (either via video card or ffdshow's denoise3d with time set to 0) is a combination which is more powerful at creating quality upscales than anything mpv can use, specifically because NGU AA + sharpening results in less noise than mpv's upscalers + equivalent sharpening settings.

Oh, so you're just trolling. Got it.

wtf is mpv man

I always used to install CCCP and call it a day. So standalone MPC-HC can play almost everything now? Will I really need to add on MadVR or only if I want to get into audiophile levels of detail? How much more taxing is it on one's machine?

>only if I want to get into audiophile levels of detail
This is upscaled in MPC-HC with MadVR disabled. If you cannot see a massive difference between this and there's something seriously wrong with your eyes or your display.
>How much more taxing is it on one's machine?
For reference, I experience zero frame drops using the settings which produced on my FX-6300/R9 270x machine, which was low-mid-tier a few years ago.

Forgot the screenshot.

Nah, I actually work in video production. I don't think I've ever actually watched finished commercial 4k content.

Going to sleep now. I fully expect to wake up to mpv shills posting blurry or noisy screenshots and then samefagging claiming they're better.

That's really nice actually. Is there a recent guide on how to achieve the same thing or at least something that goes through its settings?

>FX-6300/R9 270x
That's reassuring, thanks.

>Improperly configure
Shilling this hard

I don't why you're shilling this hard when that scaling looks like a fucking oil paint

What madvr settings did you use?

>Hurr, you're trolling me because you're mocking the stupidity of my request. That means you're retarded and your point is invalid, gotcha.

Do you realize the ridiculousness of your request?

We (MPV users) aren't under any circumstance entitled to have to provide proof for your claim. You made the claim that MPC-HC + MadVR has the best quality upscale given ONE and ONLY ONE screenshot you've hand selected yourself.

The burden of proof lies on you to prove your claim that MPC-HC + MadVR is, without a doubt, better than even the _best_ configured MPV setup.

Literally suck a fat cock and swallow the load.

You're dumb as fuck if you think anyone's interested in trying to prove you wrong. I, nor anybody else, is particularly interested in torrenting your specific release's episode just to tinker with MPV settings to get an upscale that exceeds your biased standards for MPC-HC, because nobody gives a shit about changing your mind over to MPV.

The way you should be going about this is saying "I've experimented with multiple configurations for MPC-HC + MadVR and MPV and these are my findings for X. I've supplied 6 comparative examples. You can verify my samples by using the following releases and the following configurations. The results suggest that MPC-HC + MadVR has better fidelity."

In doing so you make your claim and you follow through on your own burden of proof and do your due diligence on documenting your experimental process.

This user already proved that NGU and ewa+nnedi3 are almost the same.
These are the comparison the user made:
diff.pics/lRp8gSTrxJH3/1

Just don't try to argue with the madvr fags, they need a gui and use windows(cause they're retarded)

*comparisons

>mpc-hc
>Not mpc-be

How do I correctly configure MadVR?
Because as a madvr user those settings look good to me( I use medium quality and AA tho).

M8 MPC-HC has not been updated for like 3 years.

you are objectively retarded

First we need some mpv user with madvr installed to verify your upscaling in madvr.

So these are not the same thing?
mpc-hc.org/
sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/

mpc-hc received an update like 2 months ago

Nnedi3 smoothing and ringing? Great combination you mpvfags have.

ewa_lanczossharp+SSimSuperRes+adaptive-sharpen

SMplayer is mpv without the autism

VLC (which is the best media player of all time) is still alive. Anything else doesn't matter.

I'm curious as to how those edge artifacts translate in motion.

You should use diff.pics/ next time
Also where I can get SSimSuperRes and adaptive-sharpen shaders?

Idk, I'm not an autistic, don't even know what artifacts you are talking about
gist.github.com/igv/

Thanks

Can MPV do borderless window? It's a feature I use frequently with MPC

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-no-border

Awesome thanks

>building font cache all this time

MadVR doesn't show up on screenshots though, unless they changed it recently. And that just looks like a waifu2x upscale which makes the lines look like shit

How do I create a profile in mpv?
I want 720p videos to use certain upscaler and 1080p videos other upscalers

I used this as exemple when creating my profiles, if you can't figure something out just search the manual

github.com/Argon-/mpv-config/blob/master/mpv.conf

github.com/wm4/mpv-scripts/blob/master/auto-profiles.lua

[SD]
profile-desc=cond:get('height',0) < 720
scale=haasnsoft
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft

>waifu2x
Looks like we have the answer on why nobody has been able to produce an upscaling like this even with NGU.

kys

So tell me the settings that were used in MadVR.
They're still (((undisclosed)))

What has the best video playback objectively?

quality is subjective

VLC