I've never bought a smartphone before and I'm looking at getting something mid-range...

I've never bought a smartphone before and I'm looking at getting something mid-range. Two phones that are with the carrier that I like are the LG G5 and the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. The LG is $50 more, even though it is a year older.

Which one should I get?

I mean to be using this phone for a while.

xiaomi redmi note 3 pro

>xiaomi redmi note 3 pro
I live in Canada, don't think that's available

>Which one should I get?
an iphone. only poor and colored people use android.

>I live in Canada
fuck off Mohammed.

I've been using the G5 since last August. All in all, its a pretty solid phone. Nice front and rear camera, Fast charging with USB C, fingerprint scanner, and removable battery. My biggest issue with the phone is the fact that the screen just isnt very bright if you are going to be outside. The brightness has to be at 100 percent to really even be able to see. Despite that, i dont plan on changing phones anytime soon.

Thanks for the only useful reply in this thread. My son told me to ask my question here, but it seems that this place is a holding pen for idiots.

*wife's son

the g5, i still use the g4 and have no problem

>da cuck meme means u r dumb!!!
don't you have upvotes to whore for, andrew/keith/braden?

What about the V10? Not OP but I still use a G4 but it always gets hot and slips out of my hands with its stupid curved back.

iphone SE

Protip: If you intend to use a phone for a while (ie not chuck it out every year like a consumerist cunt), a removable battery is extremely useful.

Battery performance steadily decreases over time, and having a removable battery means you can easily swap old batteries out with minimal cost.

Its also awesome to have multiple batteries at once and have an external charger. I do this with my G4 and never have to waste time plugging in and charging - ever.

so what's the best fone with removal battery then? any "current" models?

You can swap out batteries that aren't removable too. Not that difficult

Definitely the G5. Is better to buy last year's flagship than this years midrange for the same price. Plus, Samsung Mid range phones are usually terrible.

Definitely G5 since it's the last year's flagship

Been using my G5 since November. I have a couple screen complaints as well. I agree completely on the brightness issue. The second is screen burn in. It's fucking terrible. Goes away quickly but so damn noticeable. All in all a solid phone though.

I have a G5 since like half a year and the speaker is fucked with buzzing noise that you hear when someone is speaking in a video, but its practically impossible to hear if you just listen to music.

I would send it under warranty but knowing LG Ill probably be without a phone for more than a month.

Abdullah my friend, get SGS7.

>Buying non flagship phones
>Buying chinkphones (OnePlus is good though)
>Buying LG
They all die after a year
Coming from a chinkphone owner and a LG owner
Buy a Galaxy S5 or a S7

i never actually tried a xiaomi
bought a remi 4a
nifty little phone
with mid to low usage its battery stays up for 4 days
its a 720p with nice specs all around

is touchwiz as bad as they say?

>calling him dunecoon names because he said he was a leaf
more likely to be a zhang than abdul

I don't see any problems with it the newer ones are good
S8 also has 'Samsung Expirence' now

I haven't kept up with all smartphone brands, but afaik LG was the last manufacturer to offer removable batteries in flagship-level phones, the latest being the V20 (late 2016; definitely current). The G6 (early 2017) does not have a removable battery; its unclear whether the upcoming V30 will have one.

Still takes a considerably larger amount of time and effort though - especially if the phone has an unusual, super thin, or waterproof design.