Is it a good idea to install Windows on a Macbook...

Is it a good idea to install Windows on a Macbook? I've been borrowing a Macbook and damn the aesthetics are top tier but MacOS is pure shit for my work. Will I get any performance issues if I install windows? Please don't tell me to install gentoo thanks.

youll have the best-built windows laptop out there.

Install a GNU/Noose around your neck and fasten it to a lightning rod in the middle of a hurricane you godless aberration of life.

Windows works perfect on a MBP
>Install a GNU/Noose
There are not even drivers for the new MBP.
But of course you can install it. There just won't be any wifi/ethernet connection.
Your touchpad won't work properly.
Keyboard backlight won't work
Function keys won't work.

But hey... you'll have bluetooth

>Will I get any performance issues if I install windows?
Well yeah, your battery will just die instantly. The only thing that loves drinking your battery more than Windows is Chrome. Bonus points if you have the telemetry enabled. (And you will have it enabled)

Well meme'd friendo.

And what the fuck does that mean?

>(And you will have it enabled)

Dumbass buying the beta version for the touchbar computers. Literally wwdc17 in like 7 hours.

Are they going to announce new macbook pros ?

Yes, they are. If you're an apple fan, how do you not know this?

He's not part of the cult! get him user!

I am not yet, might become one this year

If I may ask, what is it that you do?

As a person who was once in a vaguely similar state of mind, I ultimately just tackled MacOS' learning curve and came away better for having done it. I almost never boot into my Parallels VM anymore.

And that brings me to my next point. Depending on exactly what it is you're trying to do, you might try installing Windows in a VM alongside MacOS as opposed to using Boot Camp to create a partition. There are two reasons why you might do this:

1) You can use both OSes at a time, and they can share all their files between one another if configured that way, so you never have to jump through hoops to get content from one OS to the other (for instance, MacOS' read-only NTFS support).

2) A VM dynamically adjusts in size to suit the amount of space it's actually occupying, as opposed to occupying a fixed amount of space at all times, which a partition does. This is especially useful on a laptop where you're usually working with less than a terabyte of space.

It's all very straightforward and turn-key, too. You might be pleasantly surprisd, I highly recommend trying it. A Parallels license is ~$70, but pirate copies exist.

If you want it to melt, sure.

Look at Louis's channel. MacBooks are garbage in terms of construction quality.

How much of that perception is due to the fact that they're valuable enough for people to open, look at, and try to repair? Most Windows laptops just sit in someone's junk pile when they break. People don't bother.

I used a 2015 15" MBP exclusively with Windows for around a year and a half. It worked great. No overheating or throttling, excellent performance, no glitches. Much better experience than the W540 it replaced. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind using a computer made out of soda cans.

He only does MacBooks. There are places where they do other brands as well.

>but MacOS is pure shit for my work
it's a small distinction but i really wish more people would write like this, each OS can be great or shit depending on your needs

why would you buy a ferrari just to smear shit all over it and stuff a dead rat into the A/C vent?

Agreed. It'd be even better to know precisely what kind of work it is he's doing, though. It'd help us collectively evaluate whether he's correct or just having trouble with the learning curve.

>ferrari
That's more like a prius, mate

>macs are not customisable or performant!!!

lol, mom and dad wouldn't buy you a mac? told you to get a job?

tough luck, kiddo.

ahahahahah

I don't know what work your doing but it must be completely worthless. Windows rapes your ram

The way you type you've got to be new here. Perhaps you saw a "15 second stories" video and want to be a meme Lord. Wrong board, faggot. >>Sup Forums

Why would you ever get a mac if not for OSX

I think the only thing that really could give you issues is the trackpad. The trackpad is designed for macOS and that's it. It's partially as functional on linux, and complete garbage on Windows.

>OP is literally saying Mac OS is shit for his work.
>Still bringing up Mac OS when you could be telling him to either get windows or trade in for a better laptop.

How retarded are windows users if they think osx has a learning curve? Oh its because they don't have windows guiding them though control panel constantly

He was offering some pretty sound advice and you're somehow upset? Even An iphone has a learning curve. He didn't say the curve was impossible just that it's there.