/wt/ - watch thread fine examples of horology, non-shitterz edition

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

Chrono24 - price guide and trust worthy place to buy pre-owned watches
DavidSW - great online grey market for luxury watches
HQ Milton - great online vintage dealer

Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Other urls found in this thread:

artificehoroworks.com/shop/seiko-013mas-skx013-enhanced/
ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PATEK-PHILIPPE-CALATRAVA-18K-YELLOW-GOLD-/201928502905?hash=item2f03e06e79:g:kM4AAOSwt5hYYr2v
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1970-Mens-Omega-Seamaster-DeVille-Automatic-Wristwatch-1Year-Warranty-/182598899587?hash=item2a83be1783:g:-H8AAOSw8oFX0ei0
janistrading.com/subs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR FAKE TUDOR CUNTFUCKER THE LAST THREAD IS NOT DEAD AND I JUST POSTED SOME PRIMO LOLIS WEARING WATCHES

$14,000 watch, frayed crappy strap that looks like it was cut from the fabric of the corduroy pans your mom bought you with a butter knife

Has Rolex ever made a nicer watch?

>when you finally adjust your Vostok to gain/lose less than 10 seonds a day

Only ten seconds that is impressive

Yeah they make a thing called a "sub"-mariner

google it

>$14,000 watc
AHAHAHAHAHAAA

do people actually pay that much for FALE ROLEX??

do you get jokes?

>This thread is about the appreciation of horology
Then why the fuck did you post an homage and not the original?

S A V A G E

>when you finally don't adjust your $15 casio and your gain/lose is less than 1 second a day

Can i wear seiko Alpinist with a suit?

No

Don't buy one of those green alpinists

Recently inherited this

melt it down for the gold

Why not

they meme ugly

Just don't they are absolute shit m8.

I like these don't no bully pls

sure

>tfw you will never be able to afford a top tier rolex

THATS THE SPIRIT! Just maintain that attitude and you will still not be able to afford one in ten years.

>THATS THE SPIRIT! Just maintain that attitude and you will still not be able to afford one in ten years.

I have a rare hematological condition, I only have a 40% chance of being alive in 5 years

>I have a rare hematological condition, I only have a 40% chance of being alive in 5 years

I don't know what this means. Please explain. Also if your longevity is fucked just take out a bunch of loans you're never going to pay back. Normally I would consider this immoral but because the banks are so severely leveraged as it is and all of the fractional reserve fuckery that's going to collapse it's basically like free money.

Get off Sup Forums take money from everywhere you can and go bang prostitutes in Thailand and Vietnam until you die.

Snzg15j1 or the cream version?

Need something to wear with my service uniform which is a khaki shirt and black trousers. Also want to wear it with my camo work uniform.. My gshock is boring as fuck.

Do you know how many ailments can be cured by being in contact with solid gold for extended periods of time? Just buy a solid gold submariner and wear it for life.

>cured by being in contact with solid gold
Wait, is that a thing or you just being a dumbass

Whoops, must've been thinking of magnetic bracelets.

Seconded

dying is for poor people

This is going to be a fucking ambitious project but is it at all feasible to take an SKX013 and:

1. upgrade to a 6R15 (or otherwise)
2. domed sapphire
3. New bezel and insert
4. New hands

Is this ridiculous ?

Ah The case is iso certified so i wouldn't change the sapphire. Bezel inserts are easy to change no need for new bezel. hands and movement are not challenging. That sounds cool as long as you don't spend too much.

kinda spending a lot on a cheap watch

if you have questions I would get a watchrepairfag to do that for you

You live on the east coast?

Maybe check out this guy. Does some mod work.

artificehoroworks.com/shop/seiko-013mas-skx013-enhanced/

I live in Canada why?

I sent him an email, we'll see if he can divulge any secrets

Good point about the crystal, I'm just wondering how scratch resistant hardlex really is

You'll be spending quite a bit more on all that other shit than the watch itself costs. Might as well buy a better watch in the first place.

If you were by NYC I would have helped you out personally.

My problem is size. I am wondering if I can fit into a new PADI

Thanks for the offer, you a watch repair user?

What is your wrist size?

You might as well save up and get a midsize seamaster.

Na but i built a few watches and modded a few watches. I have the tools you would need as well. You will need to order some tools to properly mod your watch. If you are just swapping movements and hands i would probably get a hand press a hand removal tool some plastic to protect the dial a pair of good brass tweezers a thin plastic pry tool and some micro mm screw drivers.

you can use some cheap plastic pipettes to put on hands ziplock as the plastic a sanded guitar pick as the pry tool but the tweezers you do really need and the screwdriver you need for the ne15 stem removal.

Look at the NTH subs, they're smaller in size and in the right price range. Armida has a few smaller models too.

Can't decide whether I should pull the trigger on this tomorrow, or not.

I've got a screw driver set and hand removers etc. I might just try the 6R15 if I can get it cheap enough

The lume is nice I am personally not a huge fan of the face that is up to you to like. The movement is Chinese but not terrible. Really up to you its not that expensive.

>I have a rare hematological condition, I only have a 40% chance of being alive in 5 years
And you are wasting your time on Sup Forums.
Kudos!

of course

Are you guys trying to make him do this so no one will ever breed with him and his genetic line will be extinguished?

Of course it's possible. But for that money, I would just get a watch that is good, without needing to modify it.

They should have made all chrono hands red and the running seconds white. It would make so much more sense.

I wear mine with dress attire and like it. Though it is just a bit thick for under the cuff. But not impossible.

GG kys

For proper formal events you should never wear a watch, for less formal events a thin manual wind dress watch that matches your cuff links and has no complications is acceptable. Wearing a 400 dollar giant green Japanese watch is not acceptable under any circumstances let alone with a fucking suit. Fuck thread is full of poor people.

Those are actually really nice. Anyone have input on NTH subs and how "good" they are?

9015 is a great movement, the brand is run by the same guy who does lew and huey but without the stupid dog logo. I am a big fan of the case design that lets them squeak in under 12mm thick. Lumed crown is a silly feature but it does look really cool.

What is with all these people LARPing like they actually own anything haute horology, which apparently is all that matters to them? I have only seen a small handful of people here who actually own anything high end. Most of these people seem to just be shitposting.

people post $10,000+ watches here every day

and high end gold case swiss shit a few times a week

>Sup Forums board populated by 18-25yos does not have enough Patek Philippe 18k Gold Perpetual Chronographs for my liking

wew lad

I think its of the alpinist guys that is really upset over the fact that no one likes his seiko.

No just tired off the flood of shitposters that happens every weekend for some reason.

What's a good watch for a 35-y-o?

Something sporty but with some prestige.

Have you noticed the price of Rolex submariners have gone up 100% since 2008?

would you like to see a chart?

What are you on about? I am saying I hate the archie type larp fags.

They're made differently too, though.
Gold indices, ceramics, new machines in controlled-temperature rooms to get the clearances tight as shit, ...

ROLEX SUBMARINER

lew and huey is reportedly quite good, so that should be the same.

>They're made differently too, though.
>Gold indices, ceramics, new machines in controlled-temperature rooms to get the clearances tight as shit, ...

wow they keep their rooms air conditioned ? FANCY

Since 2008?

Something a little less snobby.

I'm trying to see if it's a troll post fishing for "Rolex" answers.
Because the obvious answer there is Rolex. Maybe a Daytona.

I'd like a less snobby brand than Rolex.

What does that even mean?

what the fuck does that even mean? Rolex is not even a snobby brand... Do you mean cheaper? Get an Omega I guess?

While there is a lot to like about Rolex technically, Rolex is not just a, but THE brand associated by plebs with "expensive".

I want the watch to show some sophistication and not scream "expensive" before all else.

So you're saying you're a pleb?

I can almost guarantee you are too retarded to be able to afford a Patek or an Audemars If you really want to be classy get a vintage Calatrava something like that

ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PATEK-PHILIPPE-CALATRAVA-18K-YELLOW-GOLD-/201928502905?hash=item2f03e06e79:g:kM4AAOSwt5hYYr2v

something cheaper

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1970-Mens-Omega-Seamaster-DeVille-Automatic-Wristwatch-1Year-Warranty-/182598899587?hash=item2a83be1783:g:-H8AAOSw8oFX0ei0

Is this the brand you mean?

janistrading.com/subs/

>"Rolex is not a snobby brand"
>"if you don't want a Rolex, get an Omega"

>what the fuck does that even mean? Rolex is not even a snobby brand

Yes that's correct.

I'm actually considering buying a shitter (Seiko Diver)

I prefer the black dial/black bezel, but I noticed the SKX007 is 45mm!!??

Is there a 40mm, or max, 42mm anywhere? Is there one that's made in Japan?

I'm saying I want to avoid getting constant "wow a Rolex, must be expensive" thoughts and remarks from plebs.

>too retarded to be able to afford a Patek or an Audemar
The word you were looking for is "too poor".

And the Calatrava and that vintage seamaster are both dress watches.

I want something a little sportier for daily wear.

SKX007 is 42mm.

>giving money to the mountain jew

Sportier but not a Rolex or an Omega... What is your price range?

get a speedmaster then

Couple grand, I guess.

I really like the look and technology of a bunch of cheaper Seikos, but the generic S E I K O logo kills them all for me.

This was my go-to for a while, but then I met this tremendous douchebag who has one, so it's out of the question since I'm going to be dealing with the guy professionally for a while.

That's actually why i'm asking right now; I need a new option.

Fuck man i don't know i wouldn't spend thousands on some other shit just cause a douchebag wears a speedmaster... You could get an iwc i guess?

If you live on the east coast of the US i can make you a watch but i am going to use Off the shelf parts.