Covfefe Lake

Is Intel even attempting to try at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-delayed-2018-8th-gen-kaby-lake-refresh/
winfuture.de/news,97927.html
golem.de/news/cpu-roadmap-kaby-lake-r-im-september-2017-coffee-lake-im-februar-2018-1706-128176.html
trustedreviews.com/news/amd-zen-2-specs-technology-release-date-price
cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html
overclock3d.net/news/misc_hardware/ibm_has_revealed_their_first_5nm_chips/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its very clear they're not.

Its very clear you're samefagging.

When will zen2 be out, is the question
I'm certainly not buying another 4 core processor again if it doesn't have a substantial IPC increase over previous generations

Its some point in 2018, no exact date yet. Aiming for a new 7nm process mid to end of the year is likely for when it'll be available for purchase.

Newfag.

Intel doesn't even have to try, AMD doesn't stand a chance.

covfefe love pepe

No way this is true

>Stats from before ryzen

They've lost, and they know it.

tic (penryn)
toc (nehalem)
tic (westmere)
toc (sandy bridge)
tic (ivy bridge)
toc (haswell)
toc (haswell refresh)
tick (broadwell)
toc (skylake)
toc (kaby lake)
toc (kaby lake refresh)
toc (coffee lake)
tic (canon lake?)

Intel, are you okay?

>Pre Ryzen
I doubt they've changed that much but it'll be interesting to check again this time next year.

For comparison, this is their original roadmap:
penryn (2007)
nehalem (2008)
westmere (2010)
sandy (2011)
ivy (2012)
haswell (2013)
broadwell (2014)
skylake (2015)
canon lake (2016)

Two (three?) years late.

AMD doesn't stand a chance against those IPC increases

You forgot 14nm Cascade Lake in late 2018, Cannonlake is mobile only. 10nm server and desktop parts in 2019 with Ice Lake, then Tiger Lake after that.

That puts it one year after baby lake. Coffee lake should never have been expected any sooner, Intel might release their mobile chips this year but desktop has been jan/Feb launches for a while.

Klake refresh is a good joke though as it's already a refresh.

>Cascade Lake
Skylake-X refresh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH They're going to end up releasing them just in time for Zen 2 at 7nm on a HPP to dumpster their entire product stack.

Wow, just in time for the Zen refresh at higher clocks, which might or might not have IPC increases.

Intel is fucking fumbling.

They actually going down in share since march, you can check yourself.

PLS BUY INTEL. PLSSSSSS

What's even the point of Coffee Lake when the Cannon Lake die shrink is scheduled to be released so soon afterward?

>Scheduled

CNL has disappeared from Intel's radar completely, lmao

And we know why, it's limited to mobile

Coffee Lake makes moar coars and Iris Pro mainstream. Intel wanted to do half of that with Broadwell, but their 14nm node was still giving them too much trouble.
Cannonlake when it launches is going to be low power SKUs only, mobile parts.

Coffelake and 128MB L4 might actually be a real fucking neat thing, I hope it's true.
But there's no way they can price it at $350, margins are far too low for Intel

>Cannon Lake die shrink is scheduled
Haven't you heard? Cannonlake is missing in action along with the entire of Intel's SoC roadmap thanks to our lord and saviour Brian.

Coffee Lake is not delayed, holy fucking shit WCCFmorons fags

Intel already confirmed 6 cores 12 threads Coffee Lake available in August-September

>Haven't you heard? Cannonlake is missing in action

I was asking the question more from the perspective of Intel's scheduling. On their roadmaps, Cannon had always followed very closely after Coffee.

Intel has never done that before. In the past, whenever there was a die shrink, only a small amount of time elapsed before a high majority of new releases were done at the smaller node size.

But they've broken that pattern by planning Coffee and Cannon so close to each other. What was the point of actively *scheduling* that overlap into the roadmap?

I cannot even keep track of what Intel is supposed to be releasing next and what product is for what market. What a fucking mess of a product line. I think AMD were playing helpless for years on purpose. This hit Intel hard, they had no idea.

Cannon will only com to laptops.
Coffee is for desktps only.
Cannon on desktops will come in late 2018/2019 is Intel manages to do anything with their shit 10nm process.

when is zen+ habbening?

>using steam stats
Please go back to and contain your autism there

AMD BTFO

At least 2019. Amd doesn't need to release anything next year. They'll be releasing zen apus.

nope.

they're so invested in the MOAR COARS race despite the fact that for once AMD is getting competitive again.

Funny how 10 years ago it was quite the opposite. Intel was king of the CPU world and AMD was running straight into the "more cores" race.

Kill yourself you perma-BTFO'd tripfaggot

It wasn't about he being an asshole it was about he being wrong. 90% of gaymers use old as fuck hardware. If you check steam stats you'll see increase in people using shit like pentium and old amd cpus

Are you going to post this trash in every thread?

They're in a losing fight with the laws of physics.

>Implying Steam is indicative of the overall market and not just MUH GAYMURS and poorfags with craptops running Intel iGPUs.

ID DO LIKE SOME MOLE CAWFE

Most of these are laptop users so it makes sense

Well here's their link to it. wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-delayed-2018-8th-gen-kaby-lake-refresh/

And their sources. winfuture.de/news,97927.html

golem.de/news/cpu-roadmap-kaby-lake-r-im-september-2017-coffee-lake-im-februar-2018-1706-128176.html

If true it's going to be a long, hard road for Intel with not even a consumer 6 core until Feb. 2018.

trustedreviews.com/news/amd-zen-2-specs-technology-release-date-price

Sxyrp branded PC when?

You say that yet its the only relevant survey available.

lol.
It's from here cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html

The Steam survey has a sampling pool of 125 million users. So basically nobody cares about cpuwhomark

overclock3d.net/news/misc_hardware/ibm_has_revealed_their_first_5nm_chips/1
Dunno IBM and friends are doing fine.

A lot of the nanometer shit is just marketing BS. You need to look at actual physical features of the transistors, unfortunately.

Yes, but IBM are still doing fine with new nodes.

I'll never buy any intel CPU until they start to solder they fucking IHS...

Q1 2018, apparently.

Steam HW surveys don't sample all 125 million, you fucktard.
They don't even give numbers for the sample size of each survey. It may only be 10k.

So when exactly do I upgrade my CPU now?

When you feel your current CPU is not enough for your current workload.

Funny, they forced a competitor into the more cores race a decade ago and now they are just entering that race themselves and their competitor had a decade of more gores experience.

"Oh, so you think the cores are your ally. I was born in the cores. Molded by them."

You're a big die

I honestly try to talk to seriously to everyone on Sup Forums. But you fucking tripfags somehow manage to always be the biggest retarded faglords

Tripfags are the worst kind of poster. /o/ is a testament to that.

>/o/ is a testament to that
Don't remind me. They've ruined that board.

One of them leaked over here recently, he's an unbelievably obnoxious Intel shill.

wanna see out of control tripfags go to YKTD made such a cult around himself its insane

What's the problem here? You had a 6600K? Good. You need a new one? Get the 7600K.
It's not that hard.

I actually don't think they are, I think Intel is trying this one on deliberately.
AMD came pretty close to dying there and that'd be Intel's worst nightmare as USGOV requires x86 irght now but also requires competitors, if AMD had actually died, Intel might have either of been forced to license x86 to other US vendors (like nVidia, an apocalypse level nightmare for Intel) or might start to phase out purchases of x86 computers.

Intel is acting wounded and weak while AMD is riding their wave, as now it looks like Intel isn't a monopoly, they have real competition.

>Use steam for 7 years now
>95% of steam HW surveys I've been offered were on a laptop

I can't be the only one who's had this problem, definitely must lead to some garbage results. Maybe because it only asks on steam launching which I somehow do more with my laptop? Maybe it also counts waking up from hibernation/sleep which I do more often on my laptop? I have no clue but I've consistently mostly ever gotten these goddamn things on any PC but my main one.

Damn, I never realized tripfags were shitposting close to home. I never go in Brit/pol/ threads because I'm American, but damn, that's pretty bad.

>t-they were just pretending to suck!
Come on now, do you really believe that shit? Intel could make another licensing deal with AMD if they really wanted to keep them alive.

>it only asks on steam launching
Is exactly why.
Valve need to fix that shit, Apart from just prompting the survey at any time (send a token in the background, but don't prompt or annoy the user until they open the Steam window), not just during launch they should also allow users to submit the survey either multiple times or only once but for their most used machine (determined by what machine has the most gametime, not login hours - for streaming situations the host machine should be polled, not the guest) they have machine fingerprints from Steamguard, so it should be fairly easy...

i know that feel
in the last 2-4 years there wasn't asingle steam survey request on my main rig(s) but i get them fairly frequently on my 2009 laptop and now im eving to get them on my fckn tablet

furthermore it could be a shill ploy to boost intels image

Reminder that Intel Broadwell was released in 2014.
It's been 3 years since we went to 14nm, and it doesn't look like Intel will be producing 10nm chips anytime soon.

Maybe Samsung could start developing x86 CPU's.

>Run the survey on laptops and tablets.
>don't run the survey on your main rig at all.

It's Satan's way.

They'd need a license from Intel. They're not getting one.

>On their roadmaps, Cannon had always followed very closely after Coffee.

Not always.

At one point, Cannon was scheduled before Coffee.

The problem is intel charging you 180 bucks for dual cores

>barely any difference between 4th and 10th(tentative) gen core

Cascade Lake is another 14nm series after Coffee. It's main feature is support for xpoint in a DIMM form factor.