So the internet as we know it is over...

So the internet as we know it is over. ITT we predict what the internet will be like in five years and come up with ideas on how to make a better internet 2.0.

>c. 2022
>internet is basically like tv, you get a package with all the web sites you know and love and for a fee you upgrade internet to get even more websites (maybe the alexa top 500).
>illegal to hook up an unregistered server on the open internet
>illegal to visit un-approved IPs (they're blocked by default)
>illegal to use unbreakable encryption
>open source OS users put on watch lists

Not even exaggerating.

who are you quoting, my good man?

also, I believe this is happening because (((they))) are losing control.

I'm just green texting. It's a meme that originated on reddit/9gag

stop being retarded op, the internet will never be like that.
I know you are super occupied putting cocks down your throat but please take some time off to read up on how the internet works

Nah man this is just Murica cause you are all cucks there

oh yeah Brittain is cucked too
suck it cucks

> not exaggerating
> more than half of these sites don't exist and even more aren't even used

>move to a place where no one gives a shit about fucking anything
>be Free As In Freedomâ„¢ to do whatever you want
For me, it must be India. Overpopulated, careless, corrupt and bureaucratic as hell, and with a wicked sense of humour. I'm telling you anons, getting lost in a proverbial and literal sea of people will give you the freedom you long for.

Anyone who believes the pic in the OP should drink a gallon of bleach because only literal retards are worried about this happening

> using meme parens on 4chugger
this isn't reddit user, spell it out, "eedds the joooz"

Who thought it was a good idea to impose restriction on the kind of data a consumer can get instead of leaving that vital human right and freedom to discriminate data in the hands of the actual consumer?

How can oligarchs be allowed to shackle us like this?

they aren't you retard, the OP pick is pure fantasy

>the internet it's over
No, it's not. Go fuck yourself.

i propose we make a new internet, like an internet part 2, built by the people for the people. We The People

There's i2p already.

oh look more scare mongering

There's really no difference between data from Facebook and data from some obscure website, so what even is the point of this?

It's like differentiating between clouds because they have different shapes. Completely arbitrary.

They'll sure make a lot of extra money from this though, lol. Seriously, the amount of power ISPs got in their hands now... It's not even funny.

It's still less than Google or Facebook, collectively

So many shills itt.

Comcast was blocking archive.org a couple of days ago retard.

substantiate your claims. Also, their DNS is shit so attributing malice to sheer incompetence helps nobody

>comcast
that's what you get for having shitty ISP

idiot

Everything in that thread points to a system error and nothing intentional. This literally just happened to me with TMobile and LinkedIn, and they also fixed after inquiry

Yeah, good luck with surviving in that smell. Also,
>designated shitting streets

But there is the difference between data from Facebook and data from some obscure website. Owner's wealth. Without net neutrality this is gonna get more and more important.

>you will never have a bookmarks list of 5000 different obscure forums with 20 members each again

The worst part about this is that nowhere on the internet has its own unique culture anymore, sure those little forums might still exist, but all of the members of those forums are also members of some sort of social media giant like facebook, youtube, twitter, etc. Apart from the odd in-joke they develop the community largely just repeats whatever is popular on the "normalfag" internet. Every website is now just a repost destination for garbage created on facebook/twitter.

>They'll sure make a lot of extra money from this though, lol.
Not enough for when companies like Google or Facebook will sue their asses for cutting access to their services.

>IIANA has been abolished and every country has their own government-approved agency
>Encryption is illegal under any circumstances
>All software must be closed source and must be backdoor'ed for governmental interventions
>All social networks require ID scan to register
>Fingerprints must be given every time you renew your ID
>Blogs of any kind require legal approval and the identity of the owner must be archived

looks like I'm reading books now

Blackmail is legalized with the removal of NN, user.

ISP/media shills pls go

Did it get fixed or are they still INTENTIONALLY blocking it?

>(((ACCIDENTAL)))

They want to mimic to something similar that happened to the media, just takeover and control everything

It's almost as if we live in a connected world where companies can quickly get called out for this shit and be held accountable

The 2007 smartphone invasion really was the end.

American problem. Should've voted wiser

>(maybe the alexa top 500)
COME ON PANTSU GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

Wow, it's nothing. Britbongs can do whatever they want, it still won't stop the Trucks of Peace from mowing down their children.

Obviously that consolidation is happening, but you can still set up a little private forum if you want, nothing's stopping you.

One dumb question?? Please?
Is there a way to circumvent Internet Providers? I'm talking about 56k if need be.
I know you need too hook on server that is connected to anther server etc..
But, internet as global free network(or paid but,you know,all houses connected) will never come to pass,will it?

this, a lot of companies or persons who offerd his services have a account on facebook and even the info is more updated than the website

I've been online since 1997 and the peak of the internet for me was 2004-2007, with broadband becoming more common, video-sharing sites were just becoming more common, the pirating scene was still booming, government spying technology hadn't become endemic quite yet (IIRC, PRISM began around 2007), and there were still a lot of active communities on various forums. Also, Sup Forums was shit, but not as shitty as it is today.

It seems like after 2006/2007, everything has been getting progressively worse.

>companies are also datamining every single bit of information about you, even if you don't use their services, building entire profiles of every individual and everything about them
>government shills using the internet to manipulate public opinion
>drones being used for 24/7 aerial surveillance and military strikes
>quadruped robots being developed for warfare
>people walking around with handheld devices that can serve hundreds of functions
>said handheld devices can be hijacked remotely by the government for surveillance purposes
>private space companies are pushing the envelope to develop the commercial viability of space exploration and asteroid mining
>immersive virtual reality for the masses is here

>still no flying cars

This wasn't exactly the future I was hoping for.

The year is 2050. Encryption is still banned by most Western countries.

>human microchip program is in full swing
>Google's BrainLink neural interface is unveiled, prompting concerns that people will be able to encrypt their memories and communicate in secret with each other, which is against the law
>two United States Congressmen try to push for the decriminalization of encryption but suddenly become embroiled in two completely separate yet simultaneous sex scandals as they're writing the bill
>a California man is arrested for growing his own vegetables without a permit
>Microsoft announces the next version of Windows360 will have a new feature called "PersonalEncryption" which allows the user to encrypt their files on the cIoud through a legal loophole which stipulates that Microsoft and the government must have the encryption keys; mainstream media hails this as a great privacy feature
>the United Emirates of Great Britain and Northern Ireland announce that under concerns of safety, all new systems must have remote desktop enabled by default and be connected to government servers; European Parliament members consider making this an EU-wide law
>most Linux distributions are now banned
>superSSD (SSSD) and superSATA (SSATA) connections allow such fast transfer speeds that the US President says he will make them mandatory for all systems by 2060, after which a law will be passed to make it mandatory for all data to be copied from your laptop or tablet whenever you pass a security checkpoint; as part of TTIP and TPP, European and Asian countries are expected to follow suit with these regulations
>Sup Forums announces the death of its founder, Christopher Poole, who died in his Philippine beach house; the memorial thread on Sup Forums gets over 9000 upvotes

This image must have been spammed for over a decade by now.

this

We were saying the same shit 10 years ago, the internet is not going to go the way of the phone, television or radio due to the ease of user content creation and hosting, it is literally the defining feature of the internet and it can not simply be gotten rid of.

>the memorial thread on Sup Forums gets over 9000 upvotes
Truly, this a dark future

Internet will become a less shitty place. We will have slow mostly text-based nests with country- and region-wide DC and FIDO hubs.

Information will become valuable again. We will all have a great time.

>block all IPs but a few
>internet because almost useless as free browsing is no longer available, nor can individuals interact with each other on it outside of specific gardens
>but those gardens go away because internet advertising, already a low income model, becomes even less profitable since ad-based hyperlinks and impressions become meaningless since the advertiser's IP is probably blocked anyway
>the few advertisers left now face a special privilege as an even more scarce commodity, thus allowing them to get shitty image and text ads for hundred-thousandths of a cent on per-view basis.
>internet companies fail because of this
>not ISPs are selling you access to 404 pages
>people will definitely buy this

WOW WHAT A BRILLIANT BUSINESS MODEL QUICK DADDY GOVERNMENT CREATE A MASSIVE REGULATION I'M NOT ALLOWED TO SEE TO STOP IT

I want to believe this

>as we know it is over.
No "We". Just you ameridumb-dumbs. Enjoy your Drumpf lol.

Build our own infrastructure

whitelist the needed websites
blacklist everything else
Or create Kwangmyong or something like The Great Chinese Firewall

Enjoy your dune coons

eastern europe here, not really a problem

lucky

>>illegal to use unbreakable encryption

The US government tried that already. It was such a pathetic joke that they had to give it up. (Google "encryption munitions export" for details.)

Also, the RIAA/MPAA gave it their best shot, and they lost badly. All they got was a system where they report an IP address, and the user gets their service suspended until they click a link that says "I pinky swear not to upload anymore". Meanwhile, I do a public torrent search for Rogue One and see 20,000 seeders. There's no weeping Wojack that even begins to describe the content cartel's frustration. They paid so much money to Congress to shut it down, but they got dick in return.

The strength of 100s of thousands of dedicated, diffusely spread, conspiring lawbreakers is no match for law enforcement.

i hope so i like your vision, gives hope

They're all shitty