Alright Sup Forums I need an opinion

Alright Sup Forums I need an opinion
I'm going to college soon and I'm doing art
I'll need a laptop (windows) because I know damn well they will stick me in front of a Mac, and I'll need a laptop for assignments in general
I'll be working over the summer and I'll have like €1000 to spend maybe a few hundred more

What laptop will suit my needs, I was looking at the new thinkpads but I'm not sure
And I dont want any of the fold back screens and I dont want a slim piece of shit with like 1 USB port that will age horribly
I dont want gimmicks I want a functional machine
I want a laptop that is reliable and will last years
(I'd need a laptop with at least 2 USB type A ports)

Pic is my Acer Extensa 5220 it runs fine but its old and can't do much

>I'm going to college soon and I'm doing art

get the fuck out of here

The machine you used to send that to me was designed by an artist
And the UI of the OS you are using was designed by an artist

Plus I'm not going to ask the art board because all artists are faggots it's just a shame that I'm talented in art

Mac I guess

>I'll need a laptop (windows)

anything Asus

>I'm doing art
>need a laptop (windows)

Why Windows? MacOS is significantly better for art / graphic design work.
The Macbook Pro has one of the best displays on the market as well - the colors & 16:10 aspect ratio is good for art / productivity.
If you're clinging onto Windows for games, you could just dual-boot on a Macbook.

All the software and support I want is on windows and I dont want an Apple piece of shit that just isn't worth the money
>muh retina
Fuck off its not as good as you think it is

Get a 15" MacBook Pro Retina late 2013 model. You can dual boot it with Windows if you really need it. It has all the IO you'd need. And believe me, the screen definitely is a must (if you do decide to go with a non Apple laptop, do get one with a high dpi).

>piece of shit
>isn't worth the money
>not as good as you think it is

You clearly know what laptop to buy that'll suit your artistic needs. Why make this thread?
You're going to slowly realize why photographers, graphic designers, musicians, and all sorts of artists do their work on Macbook Pros.

I'm not buying Apple, I've done plenty of design work on my windows desktop and I've done it on apple devices and I prefer Windows over everything else
Plus I can pirate games and shit for when I'm in my downtime

You can buy it refurbished or second hand. Again, you can run Windows flawlessly on it. The trackpad is better compared to most competitors. And it has a GTX 750M, I've been playing GTA V at decent frameraters ever since it came out for PC on it.

I know not to buy a macbook, there are more windows laptops than Mac laptops
Now fuck off if you are just going to recommend apple

>Laptop for gayming
>Playing Vidya gaymes
>Pirate
>Hurrr Applel is bad REEEEEEEEEE!

Autistic manchild detected.

Again, why the fuck did you even make this thread? You're obviously just an autistic gaymer faggot who is going to school for art. You're probably getting a gaymer design meme online degree or some shit. How about YOU fuck off already?

>I don't want slim piece of shit with 1 USB port
>I don't want gimmicks
>reliable, will last years
>at least two USB type A ports
2015 Macbook Pro - get the 15" version if you're doing heavy work with Photoshop - the dedicated GPU is a must.
>new thinkpads
Don't even bother. chinese trash.
There's no other high-end laptop like the Macbook on the market, everything else is trash that'll last for a year, touchscreen bullshit, Windows 10, bad displays and poor design

I'm doing animation
If you want to bitch go to another thread

Hackintosh ThinkPad T420.

Everything works but Wi-Fi which is easily solvable by buying a $5 compatible wlan card. The only downside i think will be the crap TN 1600x900 screen which will fuck you up if you need accurate color but a t420 costs like $100 anyway so whatever.

-posted from my T420 running 10.12.5

>I'm going to college soon and I'm doing art
I haven't read the rest of your post, but the opinion I am giving you is that you should not.

Thanks for being constructive

>Waaaaaaaaa!!

Whatever faggot. You're gonna keep getting the same opinions, and you're gonna keep shooting them down because you're a faggot. Have fun

k