Recovering an SSD

Any ideas as to why an SSD might just suddenly decide that all of its space is totally unallocated? The drive still detects and I can still see the partitions, but it claims that the partition with all of the files in it is totally unassigned.
I'm running disk recovery but it seems like it's hung. Chkdsk was going to complete in 200+ days so I had to cancel it.

Is this drive just toast? Most of my shit is backed up but I have some stuff on there
(a Visual Studio project) that I didn't repo yet that I'd like to get back.

Chec kyour smart values and see where it stands.
Could be bad drive or just corrupt metadata.
Try testdisk/ photorec.

It will be a complete mess, whatever it recovers.

It has perfect health scores. It's pretty much brand new. I have literally no idea why its contents were obliterated.

Do any of those support recovery of .cs files? I only need to rescue like... four files, everything else is backed up. I even know the exact subfolder they were in if that matters

spinrite

dont use levels higher than two though

jesus
and it charges you for upgrades? the fuck?
How long does it take to recover your files?

>Kingston SSDs
dude even fucking Kingdian is better than Kingston in the SSD department

yeah well
this is what I've got
(this is also why I keep backups, which is why this is just a major inconvenience instead of being lifeending)

you should have gotten a samsung or intel ssd

Quite a few SSDs are known for dropping writes when forcefully depowered. My crucial M4s are especially bad.
If it was writing out partition level metadata it could have been left inconsistent thus destroying the disk's contents.

Try photorec and see what happens, don't probe the disk with anything else in read/write mode for fear of making it worse.

recovery time depends on the disk size, but it shouldn't take longer than a few hours

you should also verify that its not a cable error, which could render files unrecoverable

I'll try photorec. Definitely too late to not try any other methods but the chances of it hitting the files I want is uber small considering how every single piece of disk-fixing software I attempted to use was running so slowly that they predicted that they would finish in half a fucking year.

Also learn to read SMART.

Reallocated sector count means it's had trouble in the past as it's lower than 100.

At some point your disk got chunked and overwrote all bad sectors to reserve. Try Gsmartcontrol in a linux livecd and see what it says.

btw if the price is a problem, try getting it cheaper from a """""retailer"""""

Whups, looks like that's not an option since the files I need aren't even in the available types for the program

Doing this now

>kingshit
Should have bought a samshit instead. At least they didn't transition from fucking flash drives to SSDs and they have a research department. Do you dumb fuckers ever look at the warranties on these things?

>I keep backups
>doing all this shit to try to recover a fucked SSD instead of using your backup
Turn it into a swap drive and restore the backup to a good drive, like a platter drive or something that's not shit.

Yeah, it's got a 5 year

What is this app's name?

Spinrite has been obsolete for a decade. I'm not even sure if it can work in modern drives, I remember I had to set shit back to IDE mode from AHCI because it couldn't see the drives otherwise, and it crashed after hitting a certain size on the drives (I think it was around 500GB), making it unusable for large drives.

That, and refreshing the bits on an SSD one by one will not do you any good, it might even break the thing for sure.

crystaldiskinfo if i'm not mistaken

Thank you, user