Why are you using the best CPU?

- Quad core
- No ME
- 64 bit

>why are you using the best cpu
Because it's the best cpu

>q6600
Was this the 2500k of the '00s?

i'm not poor and need to use tech from over 10 years ago.

Oh you cute little scamp. It's really the other way around since, you know, the q6600 came out first.

>tfw fell for the single thread performance meme and bought a e8400 instead

>tfw fell for the i5 meme
>have to exit all my stuff if i want to play "MUH GAYMS" without stutter

Because I found a worthy successor.

>using housefire q6600 when 45nm chinked xeons are $5 a pop

Well I would, but I can't into quads. I tested Q9650 and Q9505 and got utter shit (black monitor).

Anyone care to point me a quad that'll run on my motherboard? I have LP UT P45-T3RS, bios release date 02/02/2009, version 6.00 PH, Phoenix Technologies, LTD.

Updating BIOS is out of question (if there's even newer version that is), since DFI Inc. doesn't support those boards anymore.

Any protips?

Version 6.00 PG ofc.

It should support all Core 2 series no problem.
Maybe some of the caps (on the board or in your PSU) have gone bad so it cannot provide stable power for a 100W CPU?

Because I upgraded to this.

I prefer big silver cocks.

5820K was the best price/performance CPU before Ryzen. Also better temps than my 3770K.

>Also better temps than my 3770K

Solder's good like that.

It stays below 60° even under full load, the 3770K was 85°
It might be the larger die as well

The larger die absolutely helps.

I remember delidding my 3770K and getting 18C of load temps when I was done putting it all back together. It was a particularly bad stock TIM job.

I got my 5820k before skylake was announced/released and it was priced the same as a 4790k, only additional costs were expensive slow ram (not an issue on haswell-e) and the premium for x99 boards

feels good but I'd still wish my sandy bridge mobo didn't shit the bed so early because I'd have preferred a ryzen a year later

>It stays below 60° even under full load

I barely hit 60c in prime95 with just one fan (albeit nh-d14)

soldered cpus are ridiculously good as far as temps go

tfw u got cucked bcuz your mb is running an X38 chipset and u cant upgrade to a xeon.

DDR4 was expensive at the first time but now its mainstream. X99 costs a bit more, but similar than a good Z board, the cheapest X99 will have the same features as a top-end Z.

In the current year I don't see a reason why to buy overpriced quad cores. Even before Ryzen the X99 CPUs had a better price point than Skylake. SIX real cores with at least 90 % the performance.

Ryzen is nice but I don't see a reason to switch, my next platform may be AMD HEDT.

Your bios version supports all the quads for sure, so it must be something else..

Did you reset the bios before you installed the quad? I usually take the cpu out, resets bios before I install new cpu.. If it dont work still, reset the bios again with the new cpu in.

Also, you can try booting with only one ram stick in the board, try both the a1 and b1 slots.

I didn't. Probably will try again, thanks.
I'll investigate that.

Yea, try it again..

Is that your main system btw? What's the rest of your setup?

DFI made some badass boards back in those days with the Lanparty series, still have the last board they released, the P55.

A friend just brought me a Core 2 era PSU with this sort of problem.
The PC worked fine until you tried to put a disc in the CD drive - the motor spinning up caused a hard reset (and since Windows tries to spin up all of the drives during boot, the PC was stuck in a boot loop until you removed the disc). I replaced a few bulging caps and now it works fine, save for the fan sounding like a sawmill.

>still using core 2 shits in current year
sad!

Hey I had an e8200 and could stock cooler overclock the thing to 3.6ghz out of the box.

Got 2 rooms full of coppermine celerons at work, 15 years and still ticking. You spoiled first world fucks can suck my dick

Are you talking about fucking pentium 3 era celerons user? Christ.

Where do you live/work, and what are they used for?

Yeah, PIII era celerons. They're for students.
It's actually kind of amazing how much relevant stuff you can still do on a 1GHz single core piece of shit and 512 MB of memory.
>Various math (if you mostly need basics, there's little difference between 2002 Matlab and modern Matlab except a fuck ton of bloat in the latter)
>PC and embedded programming basics
>TCP/IP and everything related (have to use old Ethereal, but Internet protocols didn't change)
>Office 2003 is just GOAT and the only downside is lack of proper DOCX and PDF support

Also I've got a couple working teletypes from the 70s, and a rotary phone from 1943.
THANKS COMMUNISM

E5 5450 is superior

But I am using my 4790k?

Tell me more about this please

R U S S I A
U
S
S
I
A

>has ME
Enjoy your botnet

Everything newer is a waste of money.

>tfw you also fell for that meme and bought an e8400 but still have your q6600 and your dad's old q6600 but now only one working mobo that supports them