/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
iOS 11 announced: smarter Siri, smaller videos, better UI, louder music
gsmarena.com/ios_11_announced_siri_got_smarter_videos_got_smaller_ui_got_better_music_got_louder-news-25434.php

Oppo R11 announced: dual camera with telephoto lens, Snapdragon 660 chipset
gsmarena.com/oppo_r11_announced_dual_camera_with_2x_optical_zoom_snapdragon_660_chipset-news-25428.php

ZTE announces the V870 mid-ranger
gsmarena.com/zte_announces_the_v870-news-25423.php

OnePlus 5 will be thinner than its predecessors, could be unveiled June 20
gsmarena.com/oneplus_5_will_be_thinner_than_its_predecessors_could_be_unveiled_june_20-news-25419.php

Nokia 3, 5 and 6 arriving in Finland tomorrow
gsmarena.com/nokia_3_5_and_6_arriving_in_finland_tomorrow-news-25417.php

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) pops up on Amazon, might be announced today
androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-j5-2017-might-announced-today-777474/

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=ch.logixisland.anuto
aliexpress.com/store/product/MOCUTE-050-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Joystick-Controller-Selfie-Remote-Control-Shutter-Gamepad-Mando-For-iPhone-Andriod-VR/1907276_32646072965.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Oneplus 5 definitely won't work with Verizon, right? I'm looking to upgrade to the biggest, best phone on the market. I currently have a note 4. Thanks for any opinions/answers.

Can't tell until the specs are out, but it almost certainly won't have any CDMA support so if it works on Verizon it'll be LTE-only

>OnePlus 5
>1+5 = 6
>1 and 5 could be 15
>announcement 6th June, tomorrow
>release 15th June, rumored for a long time

If I don't do anything cpu nor gpu intensive on my phone, how would the SoC difference combined with screen res between 4x 3gb and 4 prime work out? Of course I have read reviews that put the prime on top regarding battery, but those lacking bands are a bit concerning..
Is there any chance of a SD660 equipped 5" redmi (or other sub-$230 xiaomi from legitimate greymarket dealers) that's actually available before the next year?

>this thread made for me
i am happy

What are some chill mobile games that you can start up and play for short periods?

medium mode: no runners
hard mode: no freemium games
giga hard mode: no permissions

pic related is one of my favorite android games of all time.

Emulators

Little Inferno

all infinite dreams games are god tier.

Bloons TD5 is the best mobile game I've played by far.
Tons of maps, tons of depth, and it's dirt cheap.

I'm on Verizon and I use my phone for pretty much everything. Should I go for the HTC U11, Essential, or wait for the eventual Pixel 2?

f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=ch.logixisland.anuto

It was in one of the earlier humble bundles, you can also probably find it on websites that share paid .apks

because everyone BEGGED oneplus to make a skinnier phone and demanded them to NOT make the battery bigger because that would interfere with the much loved skinny design

when are xiaomeme taking over hawawi

Should I get the iPhone SE for €23 a month

I don't know.
Can you afford 23 EUR a month ? Do you want an iPhone SE ?
Is it one of those cucked contracts where you actually wind up paying far more for the phone than it costs retail ?

Is there any way I can get a widget or something that locks with the screen on for Android? Send directly to lock screen or something.

Just got a smartphone after not having one for years. Any essential Android applications that I should look for?

amaze, greenify, puffin, clover, newpipe.

What do you guys think of the Moto G5 Plus for it's price?

I honestly think they are all good choices, but I would probably go with the U11 over essential since it will be cheaper and seems like a really solid phone.

Also, waterproofing + additional storage puts it over essential.

Thanks friend.

I just bought it to replace my broken Note 4 and it's honestly a better phone for a third of the price.

The "double-chop to turn on flashlight" gesture seemed like a useless gimmick but I've never used a phone gimmick more than I've found myself using that.

I was looking at this one too... did you have other options in mind that you were comparing this to?

Oukitel K10000 Pro's preorder starts tomorrow. Is it worth getting?

And I can't find any news on the K10000 Max's release date. Anyone know about it?

give me valid reasons not to buy the oneplus3t besides the new one coming out. it's pushing my budget as it is so i can't imagine the new one being cheaper. is there a better phone for the money?

Good to know, i'm actually coming from a Zenfone 5 so it should be one hell of an upgrade, i really need more battery life and a better camera.
Depends a lot on where you live i guess, but here (Brazil) i was thinking of the The Lenovo k6 Plus (i believe it's known as K6 Power else where) and the 5.2" Zenfone 3, K6 has a 4000mAh battery and is really cheap (no Gorilla Glass), Zen3 has rather good camera, they all have similar hardware otherwise, G5 Plus seems to fall somewhere in the middle in terms of camera and battery, so unless something changes i should going for it in the next few days.

OnePlus 3 :^)

Seriosuly though, the OnePlus phones are already very good considering its cost. Any cheaper and you might as well go for a budget phone like the Redmi phones.

>buy chinkphone
>"7-20 day delivery"
>cool should have it in a couple weeks
>shitty chink tracking doesnt work with canada post online
>call canada post, they say they cant do anything
>go into canada post, they can track it but cant do anything
>contact banggood, cant do anything
>its now been a month and the phone has been "on hold for second delivery attemt" for a week
>they didnt even attempt to deliver it the first time

paypal claimed these gook fucks, with a little luck i can at least get a free phone for my troubles since their shitty tracking takes 2 weeks to update, can just say it was lost

I'm pretty tired of carrying around mini laptops in my pockets. Any recommendations for a decent, smaller and lighter smartphone than the monsters coming out now?

iphone SE

Thank you, checking it out right now

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A SMARTPHONE?
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A SMART PHONE

My oneplus one just hit the bucket, I am looking for a nice update. is the oneplus 4 coming out soon? are blackberry phones good? I am looking under 450USD

GO AWAY ANNAL

my order for aliexpress in nov of 2016 didn't arrive until april of 2017 thanks to fentenyl addicts.

They're skipping 4 because it's bad luck in China. It'll be OnePlus 5.

Is there any kind of extended battery case for the G4 Play?

so my sd card was detected as fake using sd insight app, no wonder its getting corrupted once in a while. Any recommended microsd card at least 32gb for redmi note 4 sd625? does it support the uhs-1 and beyond standard and actually take advantage of it speedwise?

I'd recommend Samsung EVO or SanDisk whatever from a trusted retailer. Maybe Mixza sharks if you wanna go the chink route and risk another fake card.

actually have a sandisk one but it was fake, but its my bad that i didnt research enough that these fake ones are rampant here.
I just want a reliable one and fast as a bonus, i noticed that it lags a bit when my videos and music was stored to the ad card. So do most redmi phones like note 4 sd625 support them fancy uhs cards and actually be fast?

sharks are now the same price as domestic sd cards (think bestbuy etc)

Good question, I can't seem to find anything that mentions whether your Note 4 supports UHS-1 or not. It should be in the manual if anything.

Well, shit.

bump I kinda need a phone

>8 hours SOT
>Quarter battery life remaining

not worth bothering with a blackberry that doesnt have a keyboard
moto z play
dont be fooled by 625
the performance is around the same as a 801 but the battery much much better

I just got a moto z play today. It's nice.

How do I send/give my cousin a large video I recorded on my phone? Sending it through text will make me trim it, and neither of our phones have SD card slots.

Pixel Dungeon

>not runner
>not freemium
>no permissions

Insanity mode: it's open source. My preferred flavor is Pixel Dungeon Shattered. I played that game for like, 2 years. Finally deleted it. Too damned addictive.

Flow Free
Sudoku
Freecell
Solitaire
Minesweeper (god-tier on Galaxy Note phones with that stylus)
Mostly just emulators, though. Turn-based stuff that doesn't require precise timing on controls, like Pokemon.

did you get any of the mods? am thinking of getting one with the speaker.

anyone hyped as fuck for the nokia announcement? are they just releasing the 6 worldwide? or a new lineup? would the 6 be a good buy even though it technically came out in January?

I was going to get the OP5 when it came out but I am inexplicably drawn to the nokia

Ok lads I need your wisdom here.
How good is this phone? really tempted to pull the trigger.

>Country
Canada
>Carrier
Chatr, kek doesn't have 4g but 25$/month
>Screen
5"-5.5"
>Budget
265 USD
>Other
Battery, durable and Performance

stunning look
fast
shit camera for the price and call speaker
2 big for me
t. had it for 3 months

A Best Buy is selling an unlocked S6 40 miles away

Should I bite the bullet and get it?

I'm RMAing my Nexus 6p and cause Huawei doesn't offer loaner phones for RMAs I need to buy a phone from Amazon or likewise just for the purpose of using for

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I just got a Alcatel One Touch Pixi First and set it up, everything else seems to work fine and when I have headphones in it doesn't have a problem, but without headphones everyone who calls me has noticed it makes a horrible buzzing noise for them. I can hear them just fine but they have difficulty hearing me over this horrible buzzing noise, and I can't hear it.
I still have the warranty on it so I can get it replaced but I'm just wondering if I need to replace it or there's a better solution.

>only a month
lol
Anything you buy from China can take anything between 1 week and 5 months in my experience. You should have expected that.

I'm in need to buy new smartphone to myself because my previous one is destroyed, though the age of it and physically. I'm looking for something little but decent in performance and 16GB ROM. Is there something else than iphone se which my superior tries me to convince about?

>Mostly just emulators, though. Turn-based stuff that doesn't require precise timing on controls, like Pokemon.
This and get a cheap Mocute bluetooth controller to your phone and you have your own handheld phone-console.

aliexpress.com/store/product/MOCUTE-050-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Joystick-Controller-Selfie-Remote-Control-Shutter-Gamepad-Mando-For-iPhone-Andriod-VR/1907276_32646072965.html

>(meme) country
Croatia
>budget
450 euros
>carrier
Tele2
>features
Muh aluminum and build quality, decent camera, smooth UI

Should I wait for the 1+5?

Give me one reason why Nova is better than ADW Launcher 2

Is there a better phone out/coming out for Verizon then the HTC U11?

None of the Amazon prime phones will work on Sprint

>Anime
Go to hell.

Here's your (You)

My 2 days old Cool1 Dual dead taking all my data I just transferred to it. Fucuking chink sheet.

is there a huge difference between the 3GB and 4GB RAM model of the Mi5s when it comes to performance?

SE, Xperia Compact line or Galaxy A3 2017, not much more than that I'm afraid...

The last two are 4,7" so both exluded. I would never expect that my only decent choice on buying new phone will be something from apple...

Apple is the most successful human entity on the planet. I'd be utter idiocy to buy from anyone else.

It's my daily driver and it great battery live is amazing

How tiny hands do you have that even 4.7" is too big?

What do you guys think about Meizu M5 Note?

It's not about my hands but about my pockets in trousers.

The new Nokia phones are now on presale in Finland, the prices are
Nokia 6 - 249€
Nokia 5 - 199€
Nokia 3 - 149€

Keep in mind those prices include 24% VAT

Stop being a skinny jeans wearing faggot, I can easily fit a 5.5" phone in my trouser pockets

I have thighs of typical cyclist so even loose trousers are thight for me in the upper part of them.

The best ROM for a S3 I9300? Currently using lineage OS and tired of this OTA shit

okay, final question:

I can buy a 3/64 Mi5s from a local source (never used) for ~$300 or the 4/128 version from aliexpress for ~$350.

What do you guys think? Is the RAM downgrade worth avoiding the aliexpress hassle?

Good to hear that (*0*)/

>local source
I'd go with that if it means having a local warranty too. There isn't a huge difference between 3gb and 4gb RAM

it's not really local warranty, just some dude selling his "new" Mi5s, so best case I inherit his chink warranty. Still, I feel like it's the better option.

enjoy having 8 hours of screen on time

I wouldnt
basically this
plus chink rom is shit and you basically have to run pajeet rom

Typing from a G5 plus

It's outstanding for it's price, one of the best real world performance that's on par with flagships and an amazing battery life

Those gestures for Flashlight and Camera are actually very useful and the one button navigation with the fingerprint sensor works really well, so you don't have to have those onscreen buttons

That's actually pretty cheap, might get one just for fun

2017 the very popular is having dual selfie camera

Those subsidized Amazon versions are garbage

You might save a few bucks, but you won't save your nerves when you have ads on your lockscreen and even with a fingerprint you still have to look at it

>what is english

Are OnePlus 3T still a good buy this year?

Depends on the price you can get it for

Since we still don't know the price of the OP5 I wouldn't get a OP3 for over $400

Anyone here /can'tbeartouchscreenkeyboards/?
I just bought the BB Classic (pic related), and I'm really happy with it. I think it's the best smartphone with a keyboard, do you think so?

I get the 3T at MSRP price

Or any better alternative at $499?

Actually the ads can be easily removed, even on the Moto G5 Plus.

>onscreen buttons
dropped

You can hide the onscreen buttons and use gestures on the fingerprint reader instead (swipe left for back, right for recents menu and tap for home). It works pretty well actually.