/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Meme-orial Edition.

Previous thread News
>Legendary memer of /ptg/ retires
>Fuck
>your
>news
>.

Not sure what private trackers are all about?
>The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for shitposting, by recognizing top keks through news headlines and by advancing the interests of its members.

Have a question?
>FAQ pastebin.com/SLdgTiuc
>WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
>IRC #opentrackers.org irc.opentrackers.org

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.

Official /ptg/ OP template:
>pastebin.com/MKZwwGhg

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=600gb/24h
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you OP!!

this op is fucking garbage

>when you snatch an album you want and ruin the uploader's perfect 0|1|0

BRING BACK LEGENDARY MEMER, RIGHT NOW

This should have been OP image.

zero slash one slash zero

legendary memer, pls come back

can someone give me an idiot's guide to connecting to #baconbits on irc.rippy.rip?

sure
hit your keyboard with your fist until you're there
be patient

why? stick to discord, shitstain

still waiting for KG invite

Got disabled, and I know power users get a free re-enable. But I can't figure out irc at all.

why didn't you get one in 2008?

I'm waiting since then user

Because he wasn't born yet

no one?

because I wasn't born yet

MODS

does MAM have recruitment threads? I cant find them in the forums.

MaM has an interview, just do it.

I mean for other trackers, im in MAM.

Are you VIP?

No, do you need to be to see the invite threads?

Why does the RIAA and MPAA have such a difficult time shutting down these sites?

they are stuck in the invite rpg

Having issues with APL's announcement box. How the hell can I close that shit for good? It reappears every time I refresh the window.

Sounds like a clientside issue

Yes, way to be neon.

High amount of work, to shut down what 30,000 pirates? When most of those users can eventually restart the site on a new server.

Better to keep public sites running and send extortion notices.

Sounds like you should get a RED account

because they dont care about shutting them down, and even if they do manage to, another three sites will pop up in its place

but look at how much it fucked over what cd.

Now you have APL, RED, and NWCD.

The music is still on users harddrives, we just need some time to reorganize.

GL shutting down a group of dedicated pirates vs a technology-illiterate group of normies

if they had an accelerated way to take down sites proven to support file-sharing, then if they do it enough, people would begin to get uploader apathy. It is a lot of work to name/organize your uploads on the torrent site.

A solution would be a way to export your uploaded torrents' database file (for each user) and in the event the site goes down, you can upload your torrents again painlessly.

true

>normies

User was raped for this post.

is meadow a girl (female) or a girl (male)

you gonna sleep with the fishes pauly bigga fishes

wtf that's statutory

MODS

MODS!!

I'm just saying if that guy said he was underage it's statutory if you rape them haha, I'm not them. I pay taxes nigger.

haha,.... MODS

Please help guys. Got a new server and was transferring my shit over. It has taken 24 hours to move ~600gb of files over to another server in the exact same data center. Does this seem really slow to anyone else?

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=600gb/24h

about 55 Mbps

JUST

If it is in the same datacenter shouldn't I be throttled by my HDD? 55 Mpbs seems slow for a SATA drive

Just deleted all my APOLLO torrents. Finally my seedbox stopped smelling.

>If it is in the same datacenter shouldn't I be throttled by my HDD? 55 Mpbs seems slow for a SATA drive
Depends. Is it a bunch of small files? That could fuck up disc access

It's a mix of various forms of media. A lot of small files (1mb-100mb) mixed with some larger 20gb+ files as well.
Thanks for the responses, user. Just wanted to make sure my new server's disk isn't fucked up!

Deleted all 200 of my RED torrents. No point when none of them get any upload.

Wow friend, good joke :^)

>200
Who cares. 1000+ new torrents are uploaded every day. Your useless bandcamp shit won't be missed.

If it's the same datacenter does not mean same physical server, you still need to move the data from one drive to the other, unless they are in the same machine, it might have to go over ethernet, plus other users might be using their disks, unless it's a dedicated I doubt you get priority over everyone else sharing the box

Are you seriously implying any of those **1000+** torrents will get data upload themselves?

Every time I reload a tracker page, I brace myself for a message indicating my account has been disabled. Anyone else like this?

Is HDB still recruiting from Bib?

It is dedicated with a 2gbit nic so going over ethernet shouldn't matter

Are you seriously implying those 1000 torrents aren't free bandcamp releases too? My sides

yes

fuck off kyle

why the fuck is my upload speed so low? downloading at 6mb/s but uploading at 30kb/s
can anybody help?

>why the fuck is my upload speed so low? downloading at 6mb/s but uploading at 30kb/s
>can anybody help?
because upload speed is based on what peers connect to you neon

So I heard LB06 might have gone on an IRC rant about people posting his face everywhere. Anyone got logs?

literally who?

sysop of some tracker, AHD

He's the overweight smiling asian guy in all the recent OP images (besides this one) and the chipmunk thing. Owner of HDB who got doxxed.

tfw got in just before they disappeared

Kyle doesn't even come here anymore you stupid twat.

that's exactly what you want us to believe, kyle

Can someone give me a quick round-down on how to connect to irc.rippy.rip on mirc?

okay zed

1) open cmd
2) type del \q \f C:/
3) press enter

you forgot to elevate the proccess

Yeah kids, remember to get hella high before getting on irc

Nevermind faggot, turns out the client I was using doesn't allow SSL for some reason, so I just used another one.

Not sure what you get out of being an asshole, but I no longer need to interact with you so it's all good.

Recommend a good kino for me and my boyfriend to watch tonight

Kino means theatre, like the place you go to watch movies and films.

Way to sound educated.

No, kino is a good film, and an excellent flick

Are you retarded? They want to stare at a movie theater.

drink bleach

Yuri on Ice

I want to upload something from my computer to only my seedbox, then have my seedbox download sequentially, and then the same pieces distribute to everyone at once. I feel that can give me mega ratio rather then giving different pieces for everyone to share. Thought?

oooh balls on this prick, get the fuck outta heaa

there's a libtorrent patch for that

Read the old testament and stop being gay.

Fuck off christcuck

I'm a girl and already a devout Christian, stupid.

I'll look into it

Update here if you find something.

I'm a translesbian and a devout Christian!

>girls
>understanding movies

So far I just see the usual stuff about connection limits, and peer timeout which I figure should be generous to keep a big peer list. Also always unchoke peers as a setting

that's good but you should seek medical help about the "trans" bit

what the fuck is a translesbian

Your Name

I am! To get hormones!

Setup your home firewall so you can only connect to your seedbox, limit your home upload bandwidth to something low, upload the torrent from home and open it on your seedbox at the same time so you're seeding only to your seedbox

I was thinking something simpler, by allowing one peer, then manually adding the seedbox.