Why $1200?

Why $1200?

I thought the MB was meant to take the MBA's $1000 price point?

>$500 for touch bar
Masters of scam

>Why $1200?
Because they're the fucking worst.

They didn't discontinue MBA.

This

My parents bought me one when I got to college in christmas. I obviously took it as if it were the best laptop ever just to make them see I liked it, but I literally can't do shit in it asides from shitposting, youtube and word docs. I'm sad for anyone who gets a mac as their first computer. It literally is a glorified Iphone.

More like 1300 (-1)

What the fuck are you talking about
MacOS is much better for productivity than Windows - video editing, photoshop, and programming are all better on MacOS

Don't let youtube fool you.
90% of people won't edit shit ever.

99% of macbook users are people that bought it for it's looks. Saying that it can handle video editing well doesn't do it many favours, video editors are a niche market.

And gaming would be pretty sweet to have on a laptop.

>gaming would be pretty sweet to have on a laptop
Oh, so that's why you hate it - you're a manchild that doesn't do anything productive on the computer. kek

They're fucking useless for almost any engineering applications and you can program in literally any language using Windows.

What's wrong with buying things for their looks?

Sight is a sense and people who can afford pretty things tend to surround themselves with pretty things.

This anti-macbook sentiment seems to stem from a small group of angry poor people. Ask yourself why they are angry.

I'm sure you do very productive things with your computer. This is just your Sup Forums break from productivity.

> And gaming would be pretty sweet to have on a laptop.

The only reason I'm switching to apple is because I can't stop playing video games when I should be programming.... FeelsNoDisciplineMan

I mean, I'd never buy a laptop with that low of key travel, but the touchbar also includes 256GB of NVMe/PCIe? storage instead of 128.. unfortunately the touchbar does hurt overall battery life.

Probably because they are still pretty expensive to make and the Air still exists.

At least they adjusted non touchbar mac price to something less obscene.

Well, it also has a faster CPU and while touch bar itself is a meme, the fingerprint reader is pretty cool. Just not 500 fucking bucks cool.

A laptop is pretty much the worst device for gaming. It lacks the portability of handhelds/phones and the experience of a desktop.

> video editors are a niche market
Premium laptops are a niche market too.

yeah good luck using bash.
Also name at least one in which macs are useless.

>I thought
found the issue

I get that premium laptops are a niche market. But are macbooks an exception?

For instance. In my law degree there is a vast majority of macbooks. These people won't ever need to edit anything. They only wanted shitposting machines. Now, I'll give you that IOs is pretty straightforward if you are willing to play nice and accept the options you are given. But it's so overpriced and yet so common I can't really call it a niche market.

Good point.

>say there's a price drop for the entry level MBP
>it's for a 128gb model
>new 256gb price was INCREASED compared to the previous base model

How much C O U R A G E did this take?

You realize that only a relatively small part of the population goes to the university, right? The people who do tend to be well of or at least have well of parents.

Macbooks are definitely the most popular of premium laptops so you see them more often among students, doctors and the likes but it's still a pretty limited market. Apple could afford to completely abandon them and it wouldn't make much different on their bottom-line.

>They only wanted shitposting machines.
Stable ones that work well with their shitposting phones. They might not notice the difference with premium components like the screen or PCI SSD but MacOS improves the experience quite a bit, even for normal people who won't do much on it.

Good lord, this is some jewry. They seemed on the right way after making 256 base for Macbook. 128gb on a premium laptop in 2017 is fucking embarrassing.

LPDDR4 when

iPhone has that since years!??

This.

>What's wrong with buying things for their looks?

Nothing. Except that mactoddler subhumans then turn around and try to pretend it's good value and performance when macshit has been objectively proven to be among the worst in laptops.

I was wrong, don't rub it in

I bought an MBP 13" for $1200 on eBay a month ago. How good is the new update?

You're aware windows 10 literally has bash

I actually never heard of anyone claiming that macs are good value when looking at raw performance. Most people I know who use macs, use it for the OS and built quality.

>I've never used macOS in my life, better call him retarded instead!

Not even Applel believes that.

>>I've never used macOS in my life, better call him retarded instead!
>I spew my opinion as fact. Its better because I said so

You are aware that it's buggy beta shit that is ultimately useless for anything but toying around?

>Still no arguments

Where do technology illiterate mactoddler morons get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

I will rub my dick into your face

Lol you jackoff to anime

It's mostly a battery life boost but since the previous one had a decent one too, it's not a biggie.

>have enough people with experience in program A
>want to hire people with experience in program B
Absolutely news-worthy.

>>Still no arguments
still no facts

>can't use arcgis
>can't use petrel
>can't use any fucking program actually useful for my profession
>boot camp crashes
>wine crashes
>t-thanks mom

>battery life boost

>MB
8gb of ram
Really? And of course i can't do anything about it, my fucking 6yr x220 have 12gb ram, becouse i need at least 2 vm to work.

8GB is plenty for a laptop, the CPU will be the bottleneck most of the times.

MacOS is running fine with 4GB, so you'd have 2GB for each of the VMs, what's the problem with that?
Besides, you can upgrade it from the start if you plan to do RAM heavy shit, most people don't.

good luck with runing:
> windows vm with
>visual botnet studio
and
>adroid emulator
My fucking firefox takes 2-3 gb of ram. Also i love:
>256gb ssd
>2 tb hdd
>9 cell battery

Except program B literally replaces program A.

osx is good.
apple hardware is shit.

profit margins

also it's a fake price decrease.

The lower price is only for the 128 gb model with a whole 2 ports.

The 256 gb model (still with only 2 ports), is still 1500 in the us.