IMac Pro vs Ryzen Build

Alright Sup Forums, I've managed to build an equivalent Ryzen PC for $3500, what do you think? Would you take the iMac or the PC?

iMac Avantages:
> AIO form factor
> 16:10 Display
> Four thunderbolt 3 ports
> ECC RAM
> 10Gb Ethernet

Ryzen Build Advantages:
> Upgradeable
> Probably faster (both CPU and GPU)
> Much cheaper
> Overclocks better

Alright Sup Forums, is it comparable? Which one would you take? Gotta admit this Mac is pretty impressive, it's the only real "pro" device Apple ever had.

I hate Macs, so I'd buy the Ryzen build on principle.

itd be better to do a comparo based on threadripper prices since ryzen and xeon isnt particularly a apples-to-apples fight

>threadripper prices
non available yet

Dear user
Please reply to my ebin shitpost calling you a FOXCONN employee
Thanks
Signed user

that Mac is 16:9

> Ryzen build already at $3500
wew lad, a threadripper build with ECC RAM would probably reach 4.5K, but it would probably destroy that 8-core xeon desu

The sensible choice is the PC.
Especially from a workstation perspective.
>oh X died, i need to send the entire thing back to Apple

True, my bad!

Ryzen supports ECC, buy a 10Gbit PCIe card and a thunderbolt card you turboautist
>windows10
Back to Sup Forums with you

Maybe it's worth it for people that live nearby an apple store, in that case, a 3 year apple care would be enough to prevent anything from failing.

What's the point of ECC for that build? It's a "gaming pc"

ECC RAM on Apple Watch® when?

Probably the desktop due to software versatility, but the hardware is more impressive in the iMac Pro. Threadripper + M2 SSD + X399 + ECC memory would make it more comparable, however, the price would probably be closer to $4500. The margins for Apple are much higher because they buy a lot of AMD/Intel chips on the bulk, consumers have to blow a lot more money - not to mention being their own manufacturer to their own 5K displays help a lot with margins.

> t. mactoddler

IIRC, some ryzen motherboards support ECC RAM. Also, 10GB Ethernet is trivial for a desktop, shouldn't be an issue either finding a ryzen mobo with it or just adding a PCIe card for it.

The pros for the Mac are dwindling and we're only a few posts into your thread.

>10GB Ethernet is trivial for a desktop
The state of Sup Forums

Mac.

Oh no, it's not working as it should, fuck you apple, fix it, for free.

Versus...

Son of a bitch, it's not working right, let me spend the next three days figuring it out.

It's a work station. It needs to work.

But it is. You may be paying €300 for a card but that still doesn't bring the total close to the iMac.

Mac.

Oh no, it's not working as it should, make appointment at gay bar, wait in line for hours at gay bar. "Sorry we don't know shit, we just offer replacement for $1500, also all your data is fucked because it's soldered onto the dead motherboard."

Versus...

Son of a bitch, it's not working right, oh thank god Dell offers in home next day service and a technician comes to my home/office and fixes it on the spot. So glad I'm not a mactoddler poorfag that can't afford a real warranty.

It's a work station. It needs to work.

> $300 card
> trivial
t. pajeet

Make that $4,000USD since threadripper is around the corner and will definitely rip appart the imac pro.

Also, let's be honest. The 5K is a stupid meme. 4K at that screen size is more than enough for productivity and content crration in a workstation.

If I were to have a company that uses rhis kind of powerful machines everyday I'd have a competent team of IT that can build, mantain and repair PC's.

The only reason to get this is if you are an artist fag or some hypster thing that onky knows the software but doesn't even know what the CPU is

Ecc ram and xenon for work make the difference. Win10 is also complete ass for anything serious and you'll lose any performance benefit with it. Osx was always better with ram

The idiots at insanely mac already have Ryzen hackintosh.
Choosing intel for that model was a terrible idea.

Nah they replaced parts for my laptop for free. Over $300

MACTODDLERS

ETERNALLY

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

More like 4k. Rumors have 16 core TR at $849 and motherboards should only be a little more expensive than high end AM4. Also, some TR motherboards will include 10GbE.

I wonder how this iMac will age.

The imac isn't 16:10, also it's probably using an nvme ssd since Apple seems to love them.

Either way wait until threadripper for a proper comparison.

So, you're basically saying Apple won?

>implying companies won't pay for a warranty
Are you braindead?

>spend $2000 extra for apple warranty
>CEO still has to personally line up at gay bar to get mac serviced

Applel is a fucking joke.

> $2000
more like $300

t. pajeet

I had this service for a Dell D630. They sent some retard out who fucked the thing up so bad they had to then have me send it in. Two weeks later, they sent me back a machine with a vista pro license instead of ultimate, which I had.

They had me send it back. Then, they took another week to send me another machine with the the nVidia Quadro card that was inferior to mine. You know, the one that overheated and wrecked itself.

Dell -- never again.

So much for the Apple fags being BTFO if this is your solution.

If you're spending 3500 dollars on a gaming PC, or ever considering a Mac Pro for video games, you need to reevaluate.

>Probably faster (both CPU and GPU)
>probably
You can literally get threadripper with nvidia XP (or 2 vega crossfire) with less money and non-shit cuck OS

There isn't any apple software that doesn't run better on a gaming GPU.

The iMac Pro only makes sense if it runs windows.

Those two builds are in no way equivalent to each other.
>water cooling
>1080ti
>paying a premium on ssd mobo and ram
>paying for win blows
>buying more fans
>spending 80 bucks on a non mechanical keyboard

You could shave it down to at least 2500 if you made something with the same specs

>needing to build up to $3500

the fuck are you doing

fuck off nigger

>AIO form factor
>somehow an advantage

This is a disadvantage. If you have normal monitors you can use them for years on end. Will this iMac be usable in 5 years? Not a fucking chance. Insides will melt by that time anyways.

Several 5 year old iMacs still working fine user

>1080p single monitor "workstation"