Election officials using Windows enabled the Russian hacking

>election officials using Windows enabled the Russian hacking
Windows fags will defend this.
theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/election-day-russia-hacking-explained/index.html
archive.fo/HrGAm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>literallywho.com
This proves nothing.

They arrested the leaker because it was legit. Her name is Reality Leigh Winner.

>MUH RUSSIA
>MUH RUSSIA
>MUH RUSSIA
>MUH RUSSIA
>MUH RUSSIA
>MUH RUSSIA

Le russian hackerz xDDD

If Iran did this to prevent a Republican from undoing the nuclear deal, what would your response be?

>a new excuse trying to justify why she lost

It's Iran. It's a literally who country that just happens to be doing the world a favor by fighting ISIS.Also, how the fuck did Russia hack Michigan, a state that uses paper ballots exclusively?

*It's Iran

>hurr hypothetical scenarios are proof something happened.

>dismissing the actions of a hostile foreign power because they helped your meme man win

If this is just an excuse, why didn't it get used when Bush won in 2000? The FBI counter intelligence investigation also started BEFORE November 8. Does Hillary have the ability to travel back in time and make the FBI do this to justify her loss?

Like maaaan, haven't you seen Mr. Robot, it's like this totally accurate hacking tv show, I mean Putin it's clearly capable of hacking air conditioning systems, I've heard he is what you call a super black hat.

If there were actually proof of these allegations and not just rumors and misinformation spread by (((mainstream media))), then I would be genuinely distraught and be very unsupportive of the Republican party. But shit I already am unsupportive of them, I'm just much less supportive of the latter side of our "two party system".

So countries should be allowed to interfere in our elections because they're not very relevant on the world stage?

>missing the point this much
The hypothetical was not to help you accept the evidence, it was to show you why this is fucking horrible by switching the characters to people you aren't biased in favor of. This report does not say anything about collusion with Trump, merely that Russia had tried to hack into the voter rolls among other things. How does that not concern you?

Bruh, the government confirmed this report is real and arrested the leaker. The source isn't anonymous either, it's Reality Leigh Winner.

Repeat what OP's pic said you dumb fuck.
>How does that not concern you?
I'm concerned about the recent FBI raids, do you want to talk about that? or just keep blaming >le evil ruzz1an hAx00rS?

this is utter bs

when (((they))) say "hacked", they really mean influenced. and it is also utter bs. in reality there were pajeet tier eastern yuros crapping clickbait article after clickbait article for earn ad monies

literally these macedonians exploited dumbfuck usaians that think everything they read on faceberg is true.

fucking retards

Did Russians make Hillary lie? Did they make Donna Brazille give her CNN questions ahead of time? Did RUssians make Debbie Wasserman Shultz cheat Bernie Sanders out of nomination?

Stay mad you mentally ill tranny degenerates!

>Russia
>Hostile
It's a shitty Post-Soviet nation that is in the middle of a recession right now due to dropping oil prices. Not to mention that Russia's biggest intelligence investment is military in nature, not espionage. That's China, the guys who literally killed 12 CIA agents and have a MASSIVE cyberespionage force working for the gov't. Russia is just a backwards state led by oligarchs, just like the US. They literally don't have the manpower nor infrastructure to hack any cybersystems, but they can hack up your house with a giant tank if you live in the Ukraine

How the fuck could Russia hack paper ballots then? That's my question. Because that's what they would have to do to "hack the election" in Michigan.

Just like those same intelligence agencies said that there were real WMDs in Iraq?

I'm sorry. I should have said "pic unrelated" in my post, because it's not the main point or what I wanted people to focus on. I wanted people to focus on the report.

>Spent 8 years preparing
>Spent billions of dollars
>Had to rig entire DNC just to be sure she won the nomination
>Lost
>No chance of winning president again
>No true legacy
She's salty as hell and in complete denial because she was destroyed by a billionaire with no political history, and she had all the power she could ever had have on her side.

That's all without mentioning how she was rumored to have reacted when she officially lost the election.

>The top-secret National Security Agency document, which was provided anonymously to The Intercept and independently authenticated, analyzes intelligence very recently acquired by the agency about a months-long Russian intelligence cyber effort against elements of the U.S. election and voting infrastructure.

It is always SO damn convenient how the report was provided 'anonymously' and 'independently verified' by 'high officers in NSA' that happens to 'decline to be identified'

GTFO with that made up shit

Let's not forget the Wikileaks Vault7 dump, which basically confirmed that the CIA was so inept they let systems that let anyone spoof that a message was coming from a particular country leak out to the rest of the world. So literally those Russian hackers could be Blanca and his cousin Sopa de Macao pretending their Russians and saying HUEHUEHEUE at the same time.

You are asking irrelevant questions. This had nothing to do with paper ballots. It had to do with the company that some states use to maintain their voter rolls. What you think I'm accusing Russia of is not what I'm accusing Russia of.

And Russia is hostile. They oppose America in countries like Ukraine and Venezuela.

>Then don't use such images if you don't want to be called out kid, learn to have a proper discussion and then come back with yet another >ruzzian hax0orS super villains.

Even republicucks know Trump is an embarrassment by now. 4chen is just controlling the damage

Dude, I completely fucking agree. I wish Hillary would go away. She is an embarrassment. I would be happy if Trump locker her up. The fact that Hillary is a corrupt bought on the left doesn't discredit the fact that Russia clearly acted against the US.

And Trump does have political history. He ran in the reform party in 2000.

And an hour after the article was published, the DoJ announced they arrested Reality Leigh Winner because she was the leaker. This isn't made up.

Sup Forums has ruined this Singaporean shadow-puppet symposium. Completely.

But what has Russia provably done to us.
Yet the Democrats STILL have no platform, no leader and have no actual contingency plan against Trump other than say he's a Nazi, not even propose legislation nor do they have any major say in most states or the federal level of gov't . Me thinks you don't live in reality kiddo

I mean Russia is allowed to look after it's interests by selling shit to Venezuela, and the annnexation of Crimea by force was wrong. But, what has Russia done to us, despite not fighting two sides of a war at once in Syria by staying on Assad's side?

That the GRU tried to hack into VR systems and their system that maintains the voter rolls. They did this by trying to get employees to open word documents that were compromised with malware.

How does this not concern you?

to be quite honest, I'd love to see Bernie as the president. He's at least 10 times wiser than tramp and shillary

Literally detailing spearphishing attacks. Wow, it's fucking nothing.

And don't you think that the NSA would have dumped this grand Russian conspiracy about Trump DURING the election f it had an air of truth? This is important information for the electorate to know, that their President is involved with filthy Slavs and shit like that, just like people like Chuck Schumer should be ousted from office for having dual Israeli citizenship. America First right.

Oh wow. Malware. That's totally influencing our elections, not your usual cheap Russian hacker group trying to jew stupid idiots out of credit card info, like John podesta who strangely enough was the first one to fall for this shit by falling for a phishing scam. Then the DNC blamed the Russians and said they put malware on the leak. Funny, that almost sounds exactly like what their talking about here. HUHH

>muh anonymous source said Russian hacked election

Le back 2 rebbit CtR shill

Also, may I add when your the DNC and your password is obama08 and you literally tell people the new password over compromised systems, then you don't get to use the excuse that Russia did shit. Just because you lowered the standards of your hiring practices because of AA doesn't mean a country we can at least somewhat get along with should be demonized for your idiocy.

Aren't you pretty much doing the same?

I'm sure you've done the research yourself right. Can I have the documents containing classified information that the public isn't allowed to see for reasons. Oh, wait.

Believing somone just because is a luxury that I cannot afford and neither can anyone else. Putting blind trust in something when you havn't looked into yourself is dumb.

Who am I trying to convince though, your just a troll. Congradulations, you got a response out of me.

Sincerly
-Someone who gives a shit

First off, this report was from early May. That's after the election. Secondly, it's not standard practice to announce ongoing investigations. There's tons of reasons not to, like not being sure of your conclusions, or tipping off the people your investigating so they can cover their tracks before they find the smoking gun. Your point makes no sense. Why would the government that Trump is running be making these reports to justify Hillary losing after the fact? Trump has no reason to do that.

Your other point makes no sense. Our voter rolls are incredibly sensitive and valuable. How can you treat it so casually that a foreign government tries to get access to those?

It's not anonymous.

t. Butt blasted windows user.

8(((((((((((()))))))))))))~~~~~

>open word documents that were compromised with malware
Source: Your ass
Also, that word document malware was developed by the CIA.

Jesus fucking Christ. The documents are literally in the article. The source is not anonymous. You can read the documents yourself.

>Did Russians make Hillary lie? Did they make Donna Brazille give her CNN questions ahead of time? Did RUssians make Debbie Wasserman Shultz cheat Bernie Sanders out of nomination?

No...this is not the point. Shill

>Muh Russophobia :(((((

Yeah fuck off. Russia deserves to be demonized. They support countries like Venezuela and Zimbabwe. Journalists critical of the government end up dead in mysterious circumstances way too often in Russia. Putin literally said that whoever doesn't miss the Soviet Union doesn't have a heart.

>implying u are old enough to vote

What do you do with the time you save not capitalizing and not fully typing out "you"?

>Also, that word document malware was developed by the CIA.
it could've been developed by hillary herself and it wouldn't be relevant to the discussion at hand fuck wit.

In the same quote he also said that whoever wants to bring it back has no brain, I wish I could say the same about the EU or the democrats.

>It's not standard practice to announce ongoing investigations.
Hillary Clinton was literally investigated twice during the general election for her emails and Comey announced it both times. That's complete bullshit and you know it.

>How can you treat it so casually that a foreign government tries to get access to those?
Because so far I've seen very little actual evidence Russia did anything during this election other than opine on it. Please tell me how Russia would ge tthe money to create a cyberespionage force that could do this grand hacking even though it's in the middle of a recession? Not to mention that it literally is stuck in the 90's in relation to it's actual espionage, outside of maybe military intelligence. I wonder how they could actually fund such a program, with most of their money devoted to the war in Syria and the rest devoted to making Putin rich?

>Journalists critical of the government end up dead in mysterious circumstances way too often in Russia.
And that doesn't happen here right? Because Seth Rich doesn't exist and John Podesta didn't outright say in one of the Wikileaks to make an example of whistle-blowers in the DNC?

>They support Venezuela and Zimbabwe
Yeah and they support Assad's Syria, which is better that a caliphate in that region led by ISIS.. Putin may be an oligarch who jews his people to shit, but he's smarter than most of the leaders in Europe who literally don't support a stable Syria instead of more interventionism.

Would you support someone who said "whoever doesn't miss Nazi Germany has no heart, but whoever wants it back bas no brain"? His statement was that he agreed with the core principles of what the USSR stood for, but he did not think it was practical to bring it back. How is that not fucking horrifying? Any American politician that said something like that would get crucified.

>Please tell me how Russia would ge tthe money to create a cyberespionage force that could do this grand hacking even though it's in the middle of a recession?
Not even the dude you're replying to, but jesus this argument holds NO weight.
They are concurrently developing a half dozen VERY expensive pieces of military tech, PAK-DA bomber, PAK-FA fighter, T99 Armata, S500, etc, etc.

They could spare a billion or two on a cyber ops division if they wanted.

To even attempt to imply they couldn't afford it is just laughable. A nation state would laugh at the type of money required for what it would take to do this sort of operation, it's maybe a couple hundred million over the course of 2-3 years, that's a drop in the bucket compared to other expenses.

How the fuck do you "hack an election"? It's nothing but fucking stupid fearmongering that only retarded liberal cat ladies and GOP boomers believe.

>Hillary Clinton was literally investigated twice during the general election for her emails and Comey announced it both times.
He made one announcement after the investigation was finished, and he didn't actually announce that he was re opening it. He wrote a letter to congress that he was re opening it, and it was leaked to the media.

>Because so far I've seen very little actual evidence Russia did anything during this election other than opine on it.
Fucking Putin himself said that "patriotic Russians" might have done it.

>Please tell me how Russia would ge tthe money to create a cyberespionage force that could do this grand hacking even though it's in the middle of a recession?
Now THIS is desperation.

>Because Seth Rich doesn't exist
If Seth Rich was the leaker, and Hillary had him killed to prevent him from leaking, how did we get the leaks despite him being killed? Oh wait, this conspiracy has been debunked time and time again.

>Still pushing muh russia
Reminder that democrats lost Michigan for the first time in a generation and they use only paper ballots, you can't hack paper. Clinton lost, get over it.

I guess that's why the FBI arrested the person who leaked the information, this isn't an anonymous source. This is someone who was arrested for leaking this, so we know it's legit.

Read the fucking documents before commenting.

I am over it. Is it so hard for you to comprehend that some people want BOTH Hillary and Trump in jail?

NSA not disclosing known vulnerabilities in Windows enabled the Russian hacking.
Now they're just trying to shift the blame on someone else.

Of course it is, trump tards are 100% black and white retards, life comes in 2 shades, you're either good or evil, and which ever side they're a part of is obviously the good guy.

Yes, she leaked a report detailing spearphishing attempts, something every retard skiddie has done at some point in his life, against a campaign manager that ended with the public finding out about the DNC actually rigging elections. But sure, this is totally gonna blow the top off the Russia investigation, Drumph is really finished this time for sure!

Dumbass.

>just trying to shift the blame on someone
If you leave the keys to your car sitting on the roof of your car on accident, does that mean i'm allowed to drive off with your car 100% legally with no repercussions because you fucked up?

Even if it WAS the NSA's fault, Russia are the ones initiating the hack here, that CAN'T be allowed to happen without any retaliation, and if you're an american who honestly believes we DESERVED it, you're a fucking traitor.

>BOTH Hillary and Trump in jail
On what charge? Because you're a butthurt berntard?

LEL

>The NSA, however, is uncertain about the results of the attack, according to the report. “It is unknown,” the NSA notes, “whether the aforementioned spear-phishing deployment successfully compromised the intended victims, and what potential data could have been accessed by the cyber actor.”

So even if the leaked report isn't a phony, it's still fearmongering and speculation.

Fine I'll give you that. But it still doesn't answer the question, how can any agency pinpoint Russia is the souce of any of this when it ha been shown through the Vault7 leaks that literally every intelligence agency in the world can essentially spoof that a message or correspondence came from any country in the world after the CIA leaked all this shit back in 2013( or maybe 14) due to them being inept?

>how did we get the leaks despite him being killed?
Because he sent the leaks to Wikileaks idiot

>Fucking Putin himself said that "patriotic Russians" might have done it.
Oh wow. He also said he didn't care who won the election in the exact same interview with Megan Kelly.

I'm a centrist Republican. Not a Bernie bro.

>I am over it. Is it so hard for you to comprehend that some people want BOTH Hillary and Trump in jail?

On what grounds? You sound like a butthurt shitlib that still can't get over the fact xir/zer pantsuited candidate got rekt by a steak salesman.

Sure thing.

Jesus Christ. The point is that Russia TRIED to so this, not that they SUCCESSFULLY did.

>I'm a centrist Republican

So basically a leftist NeverTrumper cumshitter like pic related?

>Is it so hard for you to comprehend that some people are retarded?
no, not at all.

>how can any agency pinpoint Russia is the souce of any of this when it ha been shown through the Vault7 leaks that literally every intelligence agency in the world can essentially spoof that a message or correspondence
Are you seriously asking how our intelligence agencies tell if someone used THEIR tools?

>Because he sent the leaks to Wikileaks idiot
So then why did Hillary kill him if not to stop him from leaking?

>He also said he didn't care who won the election in the exact same interview with Megan Kelly.
Do you trust an ex KGB agent, especially after all the lies with regards to Ukraine?

Literally who?

At a certain point, when SEVENTEEN intelligence agencies agree it was Russia, MAYBE, just MAYBE, you should trust the THOUSANDS of government employees who were involved in the decision making process of these 17 agencies who have all pretty much agreed Russia did have SOME roll in at least attempting to influence the election.

Most of this information is highly classified, HOW they get the information is ALSO highly classified, to freely divulge how we acquire our intelligence will make future intelligence gathering even more difficult. The intelligence agencies exist SPECIFICALLY so they can vet and sort through the intelligence information available to us as a country and make an informed decision regarding it.

To ignore their decision because it's possible things COULD potentially be some crazy 5D internal governmental infighting, is just retarded. I have faith that if things were THAT bad, there would be more obvious signs of it. Currently it appears the intelligence community is in agreement here, and I am inclined to believe them. Especially since I have family members with TS/SCI who know and understand how classified intelligence information has to be handled, they can't just show this information to the american public and satisfy your curiosity, that would be EXTREMELY dangerous for future intelligence gathering against potential threats.

>me: please, Mr. Trump, put Hillary in jail
>you: haha wow you sound like you're butthurt Hillary lost!

>Are you seriously asking how our intelligence agencies tell if someone used THEIR tools?

Not only that, how do we know they aren't lying to us when they and the mainstream media have been doing nothing but lying to us for a decade straight?

They're able to fake cyberattacks from any country, the agencies themselves are highly politicized, we've got corruption running all the way to the top, but somehow we're supposed to just trust them on this russian hacking thing with no evidence?

how convenient that every time the democrats fuck up, russia's there to save the day and take the blame

Russians killed seth rich, russians deleted hillary's emails, russians hacked the election. Russia this russia that. Jesus fucking christ liberals come on.

I don't see anyone complaining about Sup Forums ITT... could it be because this thread is anti-Sup Forums and that they only cry Sup Forums when there is a politically incorrect opinion that conflicts with them?

>when they and the mainstream media have been doing nothing but lying to us for a decade straight
jesus christ, are you actually insane or just pretending to be retarded?

>how convenient that every time the democrats fuck up, russia's there to save the day and take the blame
Yes, I remember Al Gore blaming Russia for helping Bush win.

See

If you employ someone to guard your car, and that someone notices you left your keys on the roof and doesn't do anything about it because what if he needed to steal your car himself one day, the person guarding the car is probably the traitor here.

IT WAS MY TURN

Sorry, sweetie, but I have a reliable news source that says otherwise

cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/election-day-russia-hacking-explained/index.html

Go play with your alternative facts, little one

uh huh

Yet in the eyes of the law, the person driving away is still stealing the car, and still goes to jail.

You might be able to fire the guard though since he obviously didn't do his job, he didn't break the law though.

>Are you seriously asking how our intelligence agencies tell if someone used THEIR tools?
Yeah, especially if their like the CIA and let it loose into the wild like rational individuals that totally deserve my tax dollars

>So then why did Hillary kill him if not to stop him from leaking?
Hurr Durr. Wikileaks always essentially vetts the material and checks to see if it's legit. That's basically what they've always done since 2006, with those tapes of the Iraq War atrocities. It takes a while so Seth could have sent them before he died and them the material could still be posted afterward.

>Do you trust an ex KGB agent, especially after all the lies with regards to Ukraine?
So what your saying is their report on the Iraq War was completely true and I should listen to agencies that have toppled South American governments and established dictatorships, lied to me about the Incident at Saigon, and WMDs in Iraq and how we should go to war to liberate these countries? A lie this monumental shouldn't be forgotten because it's indicative of how shit the intelligence of our "intelligence" agencies are.

>He thinks the MSM isn't just the propaganda arm of the gov't
archive.fo/HrGAm

They blamed a conspiracy theory involving GWB cheating to win Florida, instead of Florida always being shit at preparation so that's not much better is it?

Oh wow, the news can be manipulated, tell me something I don't know.

That's a FAR cry from the media has been lying to us CONSTANTLY for decades.

95% of the news is still legit and happening, to believe it's just all manufactured to fuck with your brain, I have to assume your some type of schizo.

You do realize this report doesn't say that Russia altered the vote tallies?

Nobody brought up Hillary but you.

This is where liberals claim they were always in favor of the iraq war.

Just like how we've always been at war with east asia.

>Oh wait, this conspiracy has been debunked time and time again.
Not him but this is what you sound like:
>Lot's of mysterious deaths happened to people connected to Putin, which means that I'm 100% sure he killed all those people
>Lot's of mysterious deaths also happened to people connected to the Clintons, which means they're 100% innocent

I literally have hundreds of these examples, how many do you want me to post?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

>Talking about the election without one of the 2 major candidates