pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_624308.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7d-4R0NIWc
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2389
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1366
pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-modular-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-barebones
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16823129047
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823828015
amazon.co.uk/Water-Resistant-VicTop-Mechanical-Waterproof-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01DBYNVSY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1496740646&sr=8-3&keywords=mechanical keyboard
amazon.co.uk/Qisan-Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce/dp/B01A9QP0MC/ref=lp_3840421031_1_10?srs=3840421031&ie=UTF8&qid=1496740693&sr=8-10
aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale-Blank-108-ANSI-ISO-layout-Thick-PBT-Keycap-For-OEM-Cherry-MX-Switches-Mechanical/32810722028.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wooting 60% when?

Anyone else use Gateron clears? Gotta get that light action to type fast. Are there even lighter switches? Cherry MX equivalents?

Probably never. I don't see their janky implementation of xinput+normal keyboard really taking off when so few games support both at once

We're still doing these? Ugh.

So close.

gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_624308.html

How crazy am I for buying this? Regarding that I'm planing to upgrade the switches

Who's chink nopres here?

gateron browns

what the hell is this monstrosity?

Indian tech coming in hot; Best 20$ I ever spent.

Does anyone know of a foam wrist rest that is 14.5" (36.8cm) long?

represent

>14.33 x 3.74 x 0.71 inch
Is this good enough?

It would be, but i cannot find it for sale on amazon or their own store.
And then there is the faggot in pic related.

Read the wiki.
Building my first PC coming up and decided to get a new keyboard to go with it, and decided on a mechanical one because I love the sound.
I don't care about the price since I'll just save up and buy it eventually.
Currently have a cheap wireless like $30 Logitec keyboard/mouse combo. Still works, so I'll probably use that in the meantime.

Anyways
Budget:
preferably under $170

Continent:
United States

Preferred switch (after looking at chart)
Blue

preferred layout:
ansi

Form factor:
full

backlight:
YES! Preferably RGB.

My logitech keyboard doesn't have a backlight, and I never thought much of it... until I got a laptop recently with a backlit keyboard.

Was looking at a G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7d-4R0NIWc
thoughts? Suggestions? And yes. I know it uses brown switches.

Wow, you guys weren't kidding, this shit is habit forming. Just popped my cheery with a TADA68 Brown and already I;m in love with these new feels.
Plus, my coworkers didn't mind the Gateron Brown noise.
[spoiler]No my laptop was not crooked. Just my shitty camera angle.[/spoiler]

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2389
or
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1366

Also maybe this
pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-modular-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-barebones

They're beautiful. I had other reasons for looking at the G.Skill keyboard though
I really like the audio control buttons on it, and the USB passthrough.
Any other options that add those features?

Gateron is good switch

Media and volume controls are available with Fn button.
Honestly m8, I wouldn't go for this G.Skill board because it's ugly af. This is subjective of course, but there's also some objective cons like non-standard bottom row. If you want to try some custom keycaps sets in the future, it's a big no.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16823129047
this one is also good

I like how it looks. Subjective though. I've had the most basic looking keyboards for as long as I can remember. It's probably immature, but I'd like to buck this trend a bit.
And I'll likely never change the keycaps. I've never done it before on previous keyboards and see no reason to if everything works.
Those are neat too.

Scratch that. They make a Cherry MX Blue version. I think I'll be happy with that.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823828015

seconded, this warrants explanation.

shit nigga, I was gonna do an atreus with that same keycap set. I've settled with a regular 60%, though

anybody already tried the outemu purple switches? thinking about getting myself some, since I've been fiddling around with erdogoxes recently

Forgot to say that I really like the MX clears, and am searching for something similar that doesn't cost, like, 70 burgers. Typing this shit on some zealios right now, loving it.

I'm europoor. Are there any cheap mech keyboards that are worth it? How about these?

amazon.co.uk/Water-Resistant-VicTop-Mechanical-Waterproof-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01DBYNVSY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1496740646&sr=8-3&keywords=mechanical keyboard

amazon.co.uk/Qisan-Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce/dp/B01A9QP0MC/ref=lp_3840421031_1_10?srs=3840421031&ie=UTF8&qid=1496740693&sr=8-10

I'm considering a Gateron blue keyboard because I lost control of my life. Tell me what I should get: Magicforce or James Donkey. I'll also consider Gateron browns.

Magicforce is decent for chinkshit, but if you can find ones with Gateron switches it would be better.

For gaymin buy Tomoko. Magicforce has terrible roll-over. For typing both are fine.

I tried a Magicforce before getting this TADA It was pretty bad. The spacebar sounded and felt horrible compared to the TADA's. Plus, ugly keycap fonts.
James Donkey seemed alright so gaymer-looking I almost felt embarrassed just holding it.

anyone know any place where I can get a borderless 60% or TKL frame (case) aside from ebay?

Well, xinput+mouse is starting to take off because steam controller, and that's basically all you need.
Though they haven't even finished production of the tkl, so I'd wait for other versions till much later.

Just change the springs

I saw that yesterday. interested.

Does anyone know of any place that will let me upload a template for SA or DSA keyset, WASDkeys only has the cylindrical keycaps as an option for their custom keys

What do you mean, you want custom legends on SA or DSA keycaps?

yessir, I spent a couple hours searching yesterday and the only think I could find were bulk orders

I tend to type fastest on generic laptop keyboards than my cherry mx reds. Should I get blue or green switches in that case?

Why get a heavier switch if you want to type quickly? Get a tactile one so you can get used to not bottom out

POO IN KEYS

Got my 1978 Harris terminal keyboard up and running. Capacitive leaf spring switches, NKRO, fully programmable with three function layers. Still needs more work like repainting the yellowed paint on the case and cleaning and polishing away all the bloom on the retrobrighted keys, getting new LED's together for the expansion slot and the lock lights.

A fun little project so far, all things considered. Just was a fucking pain in the ass to desolder all the shit on the integrated controller part of the board then make notes and categorize it all before storing it away in a box with the logic board part of the keyboard.

Setting up the board was fun though. Voltage threshold is about a fifth that of a Model F. Keys actuate about perfectly to match the tactile force ramp at that point. Though you can adjust the actuation point up or down by cranking the voltage threshold.

you only type faster on mechanical boards if you dont bottom them out, which takes getting used to.

otherwise you will probably be faster using your chiclet keyboard.

The capacitive leafs and all the integrated controller crap before desoldering.

Stem plate with springs and angled mounts for keycaps to create a profile from the single standardized SA size.

And current state of the thing. Only a handful of caps repolished, and a ways to go looks wise but one hundred percent clean and functional. All these posts were typed on it.

Yeah SP don't do custom legends except in group buys. I believe there is a guy on etsy who can do home dyesub of blank DSA caps, but I don't know his store name.

Wouldn't greens be better for not bottoming out then?

Probably, but they might also wear out your fingers from the weight. Weighting is a very personal thing.

when?

After optical switches dominate the market.

I have a razor black widow ultimate that I won in 2011. Today I think it finally shit the bed. The 2 key is stuck being illuminated even when the system is powered down, and a few of the keys have stopped working. Is it fixable?

its all ive got.
what kind of explanation?
its a teensy 2.0 board with 3d printed base. and theres a pic for a mouse wheel decoder. and the arrow key section is detachable. oh and hotglue on some keys

will we ever see

this is exactly what i had in mind

how much was it total with the teensy?

>plate mount only
It's trash

Are these caps good?
aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale-Blank-108-ANSI-ISO-layout-Thick-PBT-Keycap-For-OEM-Cherry-MX-Switches-Mechanical/32810722028.html

>Order PBT keycap set off massdrop
>2 months until estimated ship date

In the meantime I'm considering modifying my Leopold with browns to ergo clears and turning it into my new work board since I love my ergo clears on my Ducky at home.

Are you living under a rock? You can now get $20 mechanical keyboards