Apple HomePod

Amazon Alexa == DEAD
Google Home == DEAD

and guess what, HomePod's the only one that doesn't spy on you.

Other urls found in this thread:

security.stackexchange.com/questions/82765/osx-yosemite-and-security-privacy
mycroft.ai/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guess what, both of those were already dead, so will be the Apple one.

And it's cute!

more like homopod

They should ban every Apple shill, they constantly fill up the site with trash threads.

Looks like a wheel from a go kart in Mario.

These things are pointless though. No one is paying 100 bucks each year for the latest model of a device that does less than what your cellphone already acomplishes.

>t. butthurt Lagdroid fan

open source talky bot bot when

>so will be the Apple one.
Its success will be signaled by Samsung launching its lame, blatant knockoff.

freetards are ""too intelligent"" to into NLP.

But dat price point. It's twice the price of the Echo. No matter how much better it is, would you go with the Home Pod, when you could get 2 or 3 of the competition for the same price?

>botnet, privacy, Bezos seeing all your panty purchases
But you're Sup Forums. You're superelite hax0rs who can circumvent these things.

I thought Apple was supposed to be good with design. It literally looks like someone took a square microphone and blew it up to the size of a speaker.

At least Alexa and Home don't look like absolute shit. I'd be embarrassed to have that thing in my living room.

black or white Sup Forums? I'm gonna pick one up for my house... not sure which color....

Black for sure.

Their aim is probably make it nondescript, notice it doesn't even have an Apple logo emblazoned on it.

Why not both? don't you want to take advantage of its stereo linking?

>and guess what, HomePod's the only one that doesn't spy on you.

Apple is the absolute last company I would buy one of these from. Whatever Google is calling their voice search this week has consistently kicked the shit out of Siri for years, especially when it comes to dictation, and I dare anybody with iOS or macOS to claim otherwise.

I've got some bad news for you...

security.stackexchange.com/questions/82765/osx-yosemite-and-security-privacy

also, macOS has confirmed telemetry in the kernel under the name com.apple.telemetry.

I know, shit looks ugly as fuck.

apple shills will never respond to this because they will never admit that their OS is just as bad as windows.

Google Home or Amazon Echo?

Why stop at one? Get one for every room.

t. $71k in apple stock

Indeed. If you're not using ChromeOS, you might as well not even post on Sup Forums.

Neither, save money for a gun and then off yourself.

Can you guys please take these gay threads go /fa/ or /lgbt/?

We seriously don't like you all or your gay fashion accessories.

Sorry dude

>gay
This isn't an Android thread you fucking retard.

Are you upset, snowflake?

>349 for that hideous squat design
Do people actually want this?

>No matter how much better it is, would you go with the Home Pod, when you could get 2 or 3 of the competition for the same price?

Maybe. If the sound quality is good enough I'll start to consider it in the context of no-spying tax. Depending on how good the siri integration is I'll probably bite. Needs to be able to fuck with more music options than just apple music though, I want siri to be able to into spotify

>Linux fags are autistic
>Apple fags are pure faggotry.
>Windows is just the average.

you can post fake news 100x and it won't make it true.

>paying for physical botnet

more like windows is irrelevant

You can easily just buy some better bookshelfs and an Echo Dot for less.

Apple didn't mention shit about 3rd party support. Siri is way behind. Even Google Home has far less support than the Echo. You're paying $350 to get stuck with Homekit and iTunes.

>super majority of world uses windows
>windows is irrelevant

you're probably right

This, apple users are actually turbo cucks.

supermajority of life is bacteria

>Amazon Alexa == fine, if you like it
>Google Home == fine, if you like it
>HomePod == fine, if you like it
Jesus, where will the elitism end?

Also you bet your ass HomePod spies on you just as much as Home and Alexa.

Also also; Google Home and HomePod both need better names. Human names.

All you need

>t. butthurt Lagdroid fan
You're only helping to prove his point.
Argue your point, but don't be a cunt about it. This isn't the YouTube comment section.

you do realize it's encrypted and the only thing being sent is your "hey siri" command? and only the hey siri part

>trusting apple
dumbfuck

i've never actually used siri because of my tinfoil hat but that article also looks like bait and nothing related to siri. any examples or evidence of these backdoors? or how they allow access to user data? how about a direct quote from apple?

>my tinfoil hat

lmao its on so tight it's cutting off circulation to your brain that you can't even see facts right in front of your face

I like the idea of having one, but I'm not gonna early-adopt shit shit either. I think what it's missing is smaller, cheaper accessory speakers - you can have your HomePod unit at your main entertainment center and then smaller speakers around the rest of your living space without dropping $350 per corner.

Why do all these faggots get on a stage and present to us like it's some fucking marvel. I miss the older days when you would just see advertisements for things. Nothing flashy like today with deformed humor. All these "big" technology companies need to be wiped off the fucking planet.

>literally hides source name
>no actual direct quotes
these are bullshit articles and you know it

Just because Apple dropped their in-house iAds program, doesn't mean they don't collect "anonymous usage statistics" which end up detailing your life far more than you care to let random companies and people know.

>facts disagree with my distorted reality applel filter goggles so they must be fake

Mactoddlerism.

..."is love!" (heavily marketed by clueless and cancerous company this phrase, cued with ukulele instrument.)

A while ago and soon.
mycroft.ai/

i can literally create the same article if i wanted and presented it as facts. nothing of what you posted is concrete. at least with windows the botnet is incredibly obvious

>HomePod's the only one that doesn't spy on you
Got any proof, faggot?

>$350
DEAD

apple's word. can't prove a negative.

>apple's word
All right, fampai. You do you.

they don't use all the data they collect about you in any nefarious ways. however, they do store it in icloud, which can be easily compromised by any outside entity.

icloud is encrypted though

>Looks like a wheel from a go kart in Mario.
That's why it's cute

and apple has the keys

wasn't there a whole hubbub about the fbi wanting to know how to get access to that info and not even apple could hack into it? and they refused to open a backdoor?

I can't wait for it to have a killer app ecosystem that makes it totally worth buying. They didn't botch the watch horrifically, so completely copying another product again certainly won't be a total failure either.

So I looked at this again and it's actually somewhat interesting (overpriced, but still). The woofer size is all that matters in small speakers, and this thing has a 4" woofer. Echo and Home only use 2"/2.5" drivers at the most, and Sonos uses 3"/3.5". The only thing I'm wondering about is the "seven beam-forming tweeters" part. The purpose of omnidirectional is the exact opposite of beam-forming. Someone in marketing probably fucked up.

Design is still ugly as shit and Siri is crap as well, but the speaker part isn't that bad.

>Someone in marketing probably fucked up.

no, they are just throwing around buzzwords like every product launch. People actually use retina now to describe screens instead of just stating the fucking pixel density and resolution.

>People actually use retina now to describe screens instead of just stating the fucking pixel density and resolution.

i'm pretty sure it's still just apple doing that

>$350

>google botnet

HomePod is right in line with most Apple products.
Very good at a limited number of things...and overpriced.
It seems like it will be a pretty good bluetooth/airplay speaker. Homekit integration is nice, since its fucking stupid you have to have an AppleTV or iPad for a hub right now.
Siri is way behind both Alexa and GoogleHome in terms of functionality, especially with regards to control/integration(Alexa Skills).

Its not a bad first effort, but Apple being Apple about it(low features,high price) isnt going upset the current trend. Though it probably is a pretty good but overpriced speaker

I doubt it would sound any better than my Sony Bluetooth speaker.

What it's for then?

Well given how directional tweeters are and how shit the audio is from the Home and echo, it may be actually decent acoustically. Doesn't change the fact that despite having an early lead they fucked up on their ai.

You're getting a lot of drivers for the price. More than two echo's put together.

yeah iShit threads are really a holocaust upon the constant torrent of "I'm a brainless consumer, think for me!" and "show me the same exact epic gaming battlestation you posted in the last 4 threads today!"

this board is always cancer, fuck off to Reddit if you're going to out yourself as this much of a newfag

I would hope that I could tell siri to play a playlist of AACs stored locally on my iPhone. being limited to apple music would be pretty bad since a lot of what I listen to is not in the catalog

proofs?

the only thing we have to go by is that the device doesn't send anything you say to Apple servers until you say Hey siri to make a command. Voice data for commands is sent through anonymous IDs or whatever. Did amazon echo just listen to you all the time? I was never clear on that

Apple HomePod == DEAD

Siri is shit though.

== is for conditions. With this syntax you're asking whether it is dead or not.

Voice processing is done by sending the audio to a third party server for processing, and then the text is returned to the application which then uses it for a google search or amazon search or whatever.

They probably don't keep a permanent copy of the audio, but they do keep a record of every piece of text forever since it's pretty much free to.

Same with smartphones, they're always listening for the 'trigger word' and so they're always processing everything you say looking for it and then recording everything you say in their presence forever.

I have measured my erect dick using iphone 6. my dick's 1 cm longer than it. can i say it's long enough?

>HomePod's the only one that doesn't spy on you.

Hahaha...no

>dead

No... I'm afraid the voice assistant category is quite healthy and still growing. Just because you don't like it, that doesn't automatically make it dead.

>100 bucks each year for the latest model of a device that does less

Where are you getting this figure from? I don't get it. I don't get what you're trying to say at all.

Honestly, whether I'd choose it over an Echo depends on a few things: whether the Siri implementation on it was up to snuff, whether HomeKit pans out, and most importantly, how the thing sounds. If the sound from the HomePod is out of this world -- which it looks like it might be -- it'd be worth it. $349 is not an extravagant amount of money by sound-system standards. You can easily find a sound bar that costs more.

>stereo linking

Forget that, I just want whole-house audio.

>stackexchange

Three out of the four items outlined on that post can be turned off, easily and indefinitely. Windows does not let you turn off its phone-home functionality easily *or* indefinitely. Completely different ball game.

>better bookshelfs for less

You have no way of knowing that. You haven't heard the HomePod yet. It's apparently very clever about its sound, with real-time adaptive acoustic modifications. I'm reserving judgment until I've heard it.

The source article from your pic is fucking nothing. It's almost completely hypothetical, and the "trusted devices" loophole is closed now that Macs are all going APFS and are encrypted just as securely as iPhones are. But I guess that's why you posted a picture instead of a link: because you expect us to be too lazy to go find the source.

What you listen to doesn't need to be in the catalog. Add it yourself. iTunes Match is part of all Apple Music subs now.

Buy/borrow/steal them and run Wireshark.

The FBI wanted to get access to a user's iPhone, which included backups of that phone's storage to iCloud. However, both the local data on the phone, and the data backups to iCloud, were encrypted with the key burned into the iPhone's security chip.

Eventually they got in via a vulnerability that allowed them to bypass the 10-passcode-attempts-before-wipe system. The phone in question was a model which counted the attempts in software, so it was possible to override the counter. Newer iPhones keep track inside the security chip, so that vulnerability has already been closed.

"Retina" just means "the pixel density is high enough to be irrelevant".

Do you know where you are faggot?

>over 1 BN active Apple devices
>all 'turbo cucks'

Yeah, Apple has a marketshare of 15 people. Whatever you must believe to deal with your pegging fetish you dumb fuck.

>doesn't spy on you
these things can't not spy on you. but to be fair, apple seems to not share the private information of its customers as willingly as some of its competitors.

still won't get an always listening microphone for my home.

Still. Apple is the only company left in the planet that genuinely cares about user's data and privacy

>HomePod's the only one that doesn't spy on you.
lmao, these sheeps believe anything Apple says

Do you really believe what comes out of your mouth?

if you don't think it belongs on Sup Forums, then report it.
otherwise, hide it.

this isn't rocket science. stop acting like such a retarded faggot.

>doesn't spy
Why would you ever believe that

[Citation needed]
If it is connected to the Internet and responds to any form of indirect input (speech, movement, etc anything other than physical) then it is spying on you.

not OP, but i generally agree with the sentiment of in that apple hasn't made a business focusing principally on advertising. that's not to say that i implicitly trust apple, but when google or facebook or amazon tell me they're committed to my privacy, it's like a pedophile telling you they're serious about keeping your child safe. like, maybe they care, but only so they can enjoy it themselves later and not share.

apple might be collecting all this data and spying on users, but there's no immediately obvious motivation for them to do so, making their claim *slightly* more credible.

Because Google makes money from your information they protect your information.

Apple doesn't make money from your information, or at least it isn't their primary business, so they don't care as much about it.

that's the parallel i drew with the pedophile analogy. it's true, but it's not entirely reassuring. google and other data brokers are only interested in making sure they get paid for the work they put in. if a government (or anyone, honestly) offered enough money, selling your data would not only be totally reasonable, but completely within the normal operating procedure for these companies.

the case has been made (and apple has even traded on the idea) that apple makes secure personal devices. apple has no financial interest in making your data especially accessible, and the reputation they're fostering is forcing them to acknowledge a vested interest in ensuring that your data is wholly inaccessible except to you.