Is Debian-Testing any good?

is Debian-Testing any good?

It's fire f4m

Hell yes.
It's all the sexiness of debian without the old-ass packages of stable.

It's best Debian, senpai. Newer packages, rolling release, stable and it just werks.

Yes. "Stable" is meant for enterprise stuff that absolutely cannot go down.
Testing or unstable should be used for a personal computer.

Nop, just use unstable, which isn't actually unstable. Tends to be as stable as testing if not more.

Just use Ubuntu it has newer packages and it isn't broken.

U mean spywareOS

>just use unstable
this. user who said testing is best debian is fucking retarded (anime pic reaffirms)

>it isn't broken
hilarious.

Install Arch, kid. If you aren't able to use Debian stable, you're too unqualified for a professional distros.

yeah but *ubuntu is better because
>muh ppas

its pretty great op

there is alot of indie distros based upon it specially in the embedded field

>citation needed

debian is actually known as a GNU advocate and enforcer and thats why scrubs always get upset when debian doesnt work because they have a proprietary chipset for their wifi or gpu or IO device

it seperates into free and non free repos for that very reason

the same goes for audio codecs
>reeee muh propietary video wont work on debian but it runs on ubuntu

they do this to protect users from litigation

now if you want you can download but you agree that you are the only person responsible for your actions and legality

my mistake i thought you claimed debian was spyware

Yes.
In fact, I actually prefer Debian over its derivatives for pretty much every use case.
Testing/unstable are great for rolling release desktop. Testing is actually very stable.
Stable is great for server/enterprise.
Stable + backports is my favorite LTS desktop.
I've heard Sup Forums have problems with Debian but I never have. It takes a bit more to setup but it at least it fucking works.
The only problem is that testing/unstable get really slow when the development freeze happens and all the developers focus on getting the new stable release out (like now).

No security updates.

It's fine, I guess. Prefer stable though.

Testing and Unstable is pretty much the same thing, Testing gives you a safety net and you can pull things from Unstable if you need to fix something anyway.

unstable gets security fixes faster too though.

June 17 is the release date of Stretch