Intel are getting it in the neck from all sides

Intel are getting it in the neck from all sides.

youtube.com/watch?v=QJNRtGo5IMc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I1Bv8Mxnnlc
youtube.com/watch?v=Uc81xKa6w4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Brit

Tides are changing. These guys can feel it.

X299 is getting hammered by a lot of reviewers, and they're not even talking about the more Jewy things like paying more to unlock RAID functionality.

Intel should have learned their lesson years ago: Don't mess with a contract Keller.

>tfw in the first time in a decade I'm actually starting to take AMD seriously
feels kinda nice actually

I admit that Intel are fucking up right now, but that guy is legit the worst fucking hardware reviewer on youtube (that I've seen, at least). Biased as fuck, barely competent at best.

The fact that Zen took out most of Intel's consumer lineup as collateral damage is impressive on it's own. It's real target has always been the server room. It's gonna get ugly.

Now we need Hardware Unboxed to proclaim X299 is a big fat mess and it's official, amirite?

We'll see on the server-side. So far Intel has been pretty dominant there and they haven't been stagnating like they have with their consumer offerings. Honestly I see AMD as having a much better chance on the consumer-side.

You're kidding, right? What does Intel have to beat Epyc? It's 32 cores that scale near linearly. Intel's slow-ass power hungry ringbus Xeons are gonna get crushed.

im tempted to make a dual socket ebyc workstation pc just cause

>ebin 3bingbus abortions
Lmao. Intel are literally conceding 1S and 2S market to AMD. That leaves that with glorious 8% 4S+ marketshare.

This thing will be able to run off 160w of power and be as powerful as 4 x5650 dual socket systems. Fucking insane.

buy ad space, you fucking cunt

1S I agree with. 2S is probably going to be a slugfest. 4S AMD doesn't seem to have anything for right now.

Intel's 28c offering is only for 4S+ systems. They are conceding 2S market too.

what? 8890v4 would work in a dual socket board

You're not going to buy E7 for 2S boards.

>nvidia owns deskop
>amd owns apus and consoles along dedicated laptop gpus
>qualcomm/broadcomm owns mobile and servers
>mips owns radios and low powered embedded stuff
>TI owns graphic calcs and medical equiptment

>intel owns at dead IGPUs when they overheat and slide on BGA (why the fuck did they change from sockets)

I hear they are trying to buy IP from amd for their laptop gpus but that could just be chit-chat

>You're kidding, right? What does Intel have to beat Epyc? It's 32 cores that scale near linearly. Intel's slow-ass power hungry ringbus Xeons are gonna get crushed
When are they going to announce pricing and clocks for epyc? They are supposed to start selling them on the 20th.

>64c
>128t
>possibly 1TB of RAM or more
Imagine

the coolest thing about Epyc that people arent talking about is the GPU MMU chip they added to allow GPUs to communicate directly on a seperate bus instead of going to the CPU and re-routing

also their nic are routed throught the CPU instead of a chip meaning that they could theoretically reach 10Gib/s and not be limited by a controller

i can only imagine rendering farms with 4+ gpus every node (pc)

the mathematical computational capabilities T_T

>mfw intel licenses x86 to NVIDIA as a last resort

here goes the competition, lmao.

but nvidia pays royalties to AMD for x86-64

also AMD is already in with Vulkan/freesync

also fuck pic related who even uses raid?

just use ZFS Zraid

we just need coreboot now!

muh FUD tho. the ring bus is shit, but we already know it scales to at least 64 cores without issue

x86 belongs to intel. x86-64 is just an extension that belongs to amd.

anybody using RAID isn't going to use shitty onboard RAID anyway, it's pretty much moot

intel pays royalties*

agreed

thats just 32 bit though
-64 was the standard settled on after competition with IA

the only way they're licensing x86 further than they already have is in a liquidation agreement

still, you need to pay royalties to Intel for x86 ISA, whether you go 32-bit or 64. Intel holds the rights to manufacture CPUs with x86 set, AMD is an exception because they had to license it due to competition rules etc.

good point

by that time arm will have caught up enough

who knows maybe even MIPS64 / RISC-V will be useable

>it scales to at least 64 cores without issue
>without issue

I have my cryptocoin shekels ready to buy one but will they be $1600 like previous high end opterons or $4000 like intel xeons?

I wish they would announce details and motherboards.

>10 core SkylakeX scores like shit with high clocks
>Bingbus scales to 64 cores no problem
Just no

don't talk shit about steve hes a nice guy.

>mfw two of the top dog intel shills have turned and is now recommending AMD Ryzen and Threadripper

How do you fit a CPU cooler rated for 800W TDP inside a server case?

WHERES MUH VEGA REEEEEEEEEEE

I R WAITING TOO LONG

I NEEED

I just want to know if I'll be able to overclock it.
QuadFX version 2, when?

>Don't mess with a contract Keller.
10/10, I laughed out loud for real right now.

When will !BE/4wes0mE either kill itself or switch sides?

You don't want anyone to rush out new arch, user.

1. Make it out of copper instead of shit metals
2. Blast it with fucking air

Server CPU coolers are generally small enough to only be the size of the socket footprint and maybe at most 1" tall.
When I blast it with fucking air, I don't mean some puny consumer fan, I mean fans that you need hearing protection to be around according OHSA.

Apple bought the first couple of batches to put inside the new iMac Pro

youtube.com/watch?v=I1Bv8Mxnnlc

>having to delidâ„¢ your $2000 CPU
Shintelfags will defend this.

are Xeons this way aswell? Server grade Intel chips use soldering, right???????

No they don't. Xeons run at low tempa regardles.

>contract Keller

No, Xeons can get just as hot as any other CPUs. Some have relatively low TDPs, but there are models with extremely high power output.

Tdp is not what you think it is, xeons run at low clocks and voltages so the cores don't get too hot.

They have to get the licenses from somewhere as they didn't renew their contract with Nvidia.

They run at low clocks to keep them inside thermal thresholds with the amount of cores they run. More cores = more power = more heat production. Having a shit load of slow cores is the same as having a couple really fast cores. Having the clocks lowered does not negate the fact that you're running in excess of 10 cores. It just mitigates the need for excessive cooling. Xeons have always had soldered ihs' and the next gen would be the very first time this isn't the case if they decide to drop that from their manufacturing process entirely. The soldered ihs is literally why they tend to run cooler in the first place.

Because Intel spent bank to develop their own iGPUs

Fug wrong image. Meant to post image of ryzen recommendation from google app.

Submerge it in mineral oil

Wonder what the boiling point is.

>cheapest cpu is a 1151 strapped on to make it work on a 2066 socket.
>only has 16 pcie lanes.

its a fucking joke. together with the raid key.

on the other side ALL amd cpus have 64 fucking PCIE lanes.

thats 2 graphics card at 16x each and 8 fucking M.2 Nvme drives running at full speed.

or 16 m.2 drives if you really wanted to go absolute madman and copy files instantly.

I'm tempted too
>VM as workstation/Gaymen Rig
>torrent box
>NAS
>backup server
>other shit like a exit node for tor
>all in one
The future is marvellous.

These daily AMD shill threads are so pathetic.

Yes yes surely AMD will BTFO Intel this time...

Meanwhile in reality

>steam hardware survey
>relevant
half the users are ruskis with old pentium and core 2 machines that can barely play cs or dota

How many times are you going to post this shit? You post it like every day, and you get BTFO every day. Are you just mentally retarded?

The hilarity that AMD shills post this thinking it's a good thing

Jesus christ AMD stands absolutely no chance.

it's not onboard it's on the CPU.

The amount of damage control from shilltel is just pathetic. Red line will continue to go up, blue line will continue to go down. Deal with it.

>implying

Next year they'll be sporting the 18-core Skylake-X for their workstations and benchmark rigs.

None of the major reviewers actually use a Ryzen rig for their day to day, that alone speaks volumes. The hardware DLC thumb drive is still bullshit though and Intel deserves to be shat down for that.

No, they'll be using Threadrippers. Ryzen 5/7 are mainstream platform.

>Next year they'll be sporting the 18-core Skylake-X for their workstations and benchmark rigs.
That shit will get flat out beaten by 16 core TR for half the price. lol

No man should have all that power.

intel is israeli intel

Has AMD increased the PR/brainwash budget or is Intel paying these puppets so they end up looking like the underdog this round?

There's a third option here, and that's that you're a stupid dipshit.

Put your trip back on beawesome.

beawesome is a hardcore Intel shill, crackhead.

Here's the updated one :^)

H-hey, how did you know I was a crackhead? I never mentioned that here...

Not possible. I have a PhD in mathematics.

Intel increased their R&D on total bullshit, facepalmingly stupid product decisions, and it's paying off in spades.

>Having a shit load of slow cores is the same as having a couple really fast cores.

In terms of performance yes, in terms of power usage and waste heat no. Lower clocks have much higher power efficiency in most cases. It takes a lot more power to drive high clocks than it does low clocks and the increase is not even close to linear.
This is the very reason why all high performance servers have a large number of cores at low clocks.

For example I have a 72W Xeon with 12 cores and 24 threads running at 2.3GHz.
A 6 core i7-6800K could never achieve the same power consumption at 4.6GHz which is what it needs to get roughly the same performance with half the threads.
Oh and that's even with the 14nm process advantage it has over my 22nm.

in tel aviv

>contact Keller

>Feb 2017

Ryzen launched March 2017, so yeah, didn't do much to marketshare by February

intel fears the 16 core JEWRIPPER cpu.

Telavivripper is gonna shitcan X299 harder than Ryzen 7 fucked up X99.

Ryzen 7 even fucked up 270 and 170

How many panes does non threadripper ryzen have?

Probably on the 19th then.

The margins for EPYC will be high. Like, really high. Intel can't compete against EPYC, so there's no need to undercut them.

I always loved underdogs. Its about time AMD shits on Intel.

80% yields. $110-$120 per Threadripper 16 core. They could practically give their shit away and still make a profit.

Watching Intel lost their shit is entertaining.
Serves them right for not making a proper CPU since Sandy bridge.

I'll be waiting for something to replace me 2600K

>No man should have all that power.
Good thing I'm a little girl.

Dual socket Epyc + programmer socks when?

Tech City switched to Ryzen faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=Uc81xKa6w4A

>contract Keller

And in the OP video JayzTwoCents says he's going to go back to using Ryzen.

>nvidia can only build 32 bit processors because x86_64 is AMD's IP
wew