R9 290 for GTX 980 TI

Ok, so the shortage of AMD cards has resulted in my 290 being worth over $200 on ebay again (dumb as fuck I know)
I have a friend that offered me his EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ for $240

Should I sell the 290 and grab that bitch, or is there some underlying reason to keep the 290 that I'm not seeing?

I love my 290 but if I can get a performance boost and lower TDP for damn near free it seems like a no brainer imo.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=390x&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684
evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce 900 Series Family&chipset=GTX 980 Ti
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do it

Convincing enough for me. :P

:P XDDDDD xD :3 ;) X_x ^_^ xDDDD

>:P
:^(

It's Fury X tier of performance, if not higher. If you know it was treated well, what do you think?
Don't forget to price the 290 really high at first, to see if it sticks. I'm seeing 4gb 480's selling on ebay for 300-350...in 2-3 minutes

Do it.

That's a great upgrade for$40

The 290 is still popular for crypto currency mining I think, inflating the used market value.

Do it

Do it

Nigga I don't even know why I'm still holding onto my R9 280 whose value is 50% more than what I bought it for. Sell the card. Do it.

>R9 280 whose value is 50% more than what I bought it for

Wait what? AKA Tahiti Pro, AKA HD 7950 Boost? Fuck, maybe I should be selling my 7950...

Are the 390s being sold for crazy prices too?

Because if I can sell my 390x and upgrade to a 1070 for cheap it would be worth it.

nah 390s arent sadly, they sell for around 150-80 bucks

How much would a 290X go for?
Also is the best way to sell this stuff Craigslist and r/hardwareswap?

It's probably not worth the jump up, just save the money for Vega/Volta

Especially if you're gaming at 1080p you don't need the extra performance.

I don't get why crypto prices would cause it
A general purpose GPU is going to be far inferior to bitcoin mining hardware as well as more expensive.
Plus with it becoming harder and harder to get a bitcoin reward, the miners will just charge a static price (in terms of USD) as a transaction cost, which will be independent of the value of bitcoin (unless you factor in expectations for appreciation, then maybe)

Got a fxf r9 290x 8gb card and can probably move it for 300+ when I buy a 1089 ti.

Sweet mother of mercy, how fucking retarded is this. The 390 is the exact same card only with Samsung memory. And more of it.

Are you sure these cards are actually *selling* though?

Used reference RX 480's like the one I have are going for well over $300, and I bought mine for $250 at launch. Very tempting to sell it on eBay

>tfw 290 as well, but the demand hasn't seemed to change prices to Canada

Are there any interest in the 280x and 380?

dont do it >:D

Do it (`ω´)

hardly an upgrade

Because Bitcoin is the only crypto you can mine

Ebïn :-DDD

Okay that might refute the second point.
Not the first, though.

Shit not again

Unless you want to mine cryptocoins get the 980ti, it will be roughly 40-50% faster

Just make sure to disable NVIDIA's telemetry shit in the drivers.

No mining hardware for the cypto they are mining.

A quick glance shows that Tahiti Pro cards in good shape go for somewhere between $100 to $175 USD. It's the 480/580 that are worth more than original retail.

I'm watching a couple of my own model to see where the bids top out.

Crypto mining is becoming popular again because they've made it easy with NiceHash Miner and shit like it.

Single R9 290 pulls in about $4.20 a day
Probably uses half of that in electricity.

Why the fuck would anybody use an R9 290 to mine?

I have a 480 and a 280 where should I sell it to get the most money?

Absolutely.
>not worth the jump
+50% is plenty.

He's probably gaming at 1080p 60hz, it's certainly not worth it

Looks like 390x are up to $250-350

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=390x&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Tempted to sell my strix 3 heatpipe x and get a 980ti or 1070

you can get a brand new 980ti for $200 now

evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce 900 Series Family&chipset=GTX 980 Ti

Doesn't matter, it'll last longer before it becomes obsolete anyway.

They're all out of stock, EVGA tweeted the sale but I was on a jobsite and didn't have time to set up a purchase before they were gone.

The 290 is still good for at least 2 years at 1080p 60hz

I'm interested in mining gooygoy currencies and just got a 1070, where do I begin?

Well, the 980 ti will be good for another 3-5.

I had a Radeon 480 4gb model and sold it for 300 yesterday. I originally picked it up for 190.
Data miners are fantastic people :)

i paid only 320 for a new gtx 1070. pretty good deal imo.

You triggered everyone congrats!! :D

I sold my 780ti hydrocopper for $270 there weeks ago.
The used market is getting retarded.

hehe XD

>tfw own a nice r9 290
>tfw live in Bosnia
>tfw people dont even know what is currency, let alone cryptocurrency

The 380 4gb is now selling $175+, saw one sell early for 250.

Data mining and cryptocurrency mining is not the same you know

To any bongs, I sold my rx480 8gb for £300 on ebay, bought it for £200 with £40 rebate.

Put it up late last night and it was sold when I woke up, already bought a 1070

Dam that was fast, who pays for the shipping? Also how does ebay give you your money?

You can add a shipping cost which just gets included into the price, I put it as free though. Most people use paypal to get paid, not sure if you can get paid another way.

Ebay are super jewish and charge a 10% fee of what it sold for and paypal charges fees too, which sucks

what should i do before putting up my rx 480 on sale? was overthinking it and haven't done so yet. i think 400 is my breaking point. but would be fine with mid 300.
it's an xfx rx 480 8gb

>what should i do before putting up my rx 480 on sale?

Shove it up your ass.

I have an r9 290 with the Xtreme IV cooler on it. Should I toss it up on ebay for 275 and pray to get a 980ti before they go off sale?

Probably around 350 min. before ebay cuts, I'm selling mine to recoup my expenses for the 1070 I just got

i would have to sell, then buy after. then i'd get stuck waiting to buy the new card.
what was your rep? going by past sales of my card, lower rep sellers end up getting less than higher rep ones

Have a 390 but live in NZ so boohoo me

you have to factor in for shipping and ebay's cut. what you see them going for is not what you'll get.

mfw I sold my 380 and 480 for like £150 and £200.

Lul 980ti's are $200 right now

>people dont even know what is currency
what do you deal in then, farm animals?

[spoiler]I'm actually going to be using my GF's ebay account since hers has seller feedback[/spoiler]

I have an MSI Gaming X RX 470, 4 GB model. How much do you think I would be able to get for it on ebay?
Right now, I see bids for it that are over $280.

>girlfriend

>When you paid 700$ for this card a year ago